The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #7981
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I got yelled at by a woman on the bus not too long ago for coughing and not covering my mouth.

It caught me by surprise for a couple of reasons.
One, I was startled that someone spoke to another person on the bus. That's usually not a thing that happens.
And two, I wasn't sick. I just had heartburn, so it didn't occur to me that the cough to clear my throat would be contagious.

Regardless, my bad.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #7982
Vegita-San
Emperor

for whatever reason, February is a tough month to get through.

i'm a summer person.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #7983
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Attempting to do myself in via the down escalator at work. Didn't fall (thank god since I was still at the top and would have hurt like hell), but at first I wasn't so sure. Had an armful of stuff I was taking back downstairs and kind of missed where I was trying to step onto the thing, tried to correct the misstep and for a moment it just really wasn't working. Luckily I caught onto the side of the thing, still with full hands (and didn't lose even one damn thing I was carrying), and got it under control. But here's me saying out loud, Nope, didn't happen, nobody saw that. One guy looked back from the opposite escalator... I couldn't bring myself to look at him so I'm not sure if he was really looking at me after the sound I made or if he was just looking back down the one he was on. Eesh. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #7984
Vegita-San
Emperor

I miss the times before everything became political.

If I never had to start another SJW thread again, I'd be a happy person.

But it's just ruined so many things I used to love. From Ghostbusters, to star wars, to comics.....that it's just damn annoying.

Things i used to celebrate are now cause for anger.

sigh.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #7985
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
If I never had to start another SJW thread again, I'd be a happy person.
I'm failing to understand why anyone ever has to...
Old 02-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #7986
Vegita-San
Emperor

sometimes you just have to point out the crazy hypocrisy.

only way to keep people informed.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #7987
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm sure people are aware...

Grind... I hate when you read an article and the site doesn't include a comment section.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #7988
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not really a gear grind, but more of a longer worry that's gotten a lot worse.

One of my turtles have gotten really inactive, she's been sleeping and basking mostly and don't eat much. She seemed to have some hydration issues which have gotten better, but her behavior have not improved. And today I fed them cooked chicken, which they all go violently nuts over, but she was not responsive at all.

It could be she's just in a deeper hibernation funk then usual, I don't hibernate my sliders since it's a hassle and straining on the turtle, but they still get into a brumating state; eating less and less active. But she could be on her final verse as well. I don't know how old my turtles are, but by some simple math the 2 red-eared girls I have should be around 30 or older. Which means she is fairly old for a slider but could get much older, sadly she (and her sister) haven't had the best previous owner(s) so I don't know how that'll affect the general lifespan.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #7989
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not really a gear grind, but more of a longer worry that's gotten a lot worse.

One of my turtles have gotten really inactive, she's been sleeping and basking mostly and don't eat much. She seemed to have some hydration issues which have gotten better, but her behavior have not improved. And today I fed them cooked chicken, which they all go violently nuts over, but she was not responsive at all.

It could be she's just in a deeper hibernation funk then usual, I don't hibernate my sliders since it's a hassle and straining on the turtle, but they still get into a brumating state; eating less and less active. But she could be on her final verse as well. I don't know how old my turtles are, but by some simple math the 2 red-eared girls I have should be around 30 or older. Which means she is fairly old for a slider but could get much older, sadly she (and her sister) haven't had the best previous owner(s) so I don't know how that'll affect the general lifespan.
Is there a chance she could be gravid?
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #7990
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Is there a chance she could be gravid?
I've had the suspicion that she might be eggbound, but I've not felt any eggs when I examined her. I have given her baths to help with egg laying just in case, but she's not had any of the usual signs of being gravid before she got inactive
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #7991
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

When you have dyscalculia and a game requires you to use a function of math that's new to you.

This specifically
Old 02-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #7992
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
When you have dyscalculia and a game requires you to use a function of math that's new to you.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThinSarcas...restricted.gif

This specifically
I just tried to read that link, and my brain bluescreened.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #7993
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm still trying to work it out...

hello darkness my old friend...

Soooo it turns out the number you're given is deliberately incorrect and you have to let the machine in the game attempt to autocorrect you and you just use the number it gives you automatically...

Damn you, Cyan!!!

I HAD TO RESET THE GAME!!!

Got stuck in a cart, couldn't move it, couldn't get out, started a new game...still stuck in the cart!
So we had to delete all the save files and start fresh...

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-15-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #7994
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Goolge Images seems to have removed the "view image" and "search by image" features.

So much for just being able to see just the image itself, in it's actual full size, without having to go to some damn full website page with zero warning if the site/page itself is safe or not, and wait for it to load up if it's a slow one, NOR easily be able to find a larger or smaller version of said image (esp helpful when posting to forums imo)...

UGH. Took away two features I often used.

edit: There are articles... Great, it's due to complaints all coming from Getty Images. One site/company just ruined something good.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-18-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #7995
Vegita-San
Emperor

Flat tire #1, ran over some kind of log in the middle of the road. must have just happened.

Flat Tire number 2, just now. Pothole. Two cars down.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #7996
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Strained my wrist in my sleep, been hurting a bit all day and work didn't help... So rather than getting makings for lasagna as originally intended I bought wrist support wrap thing instead that could have been cheaper...
Old 02-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #7997
newfan
Mad Scientist

I know my MAC is old now but when I have a new hard drive and OS put on it in the summer I don't expect it to be dead again already. I just gotta give up on it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #7998
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Looks like I'm accidentally taking the day off work. Guess I'll call shortly and call out, albeit late. Had no idea my schedule was changed and Friday was added. >.>

Stupid thing is, Fridays are when the liquidation signs are changed. I'm not always there for it, but if they want me there then Friday should be kind of a given to include it on the schedule from the get-go.

Trying not to feel guilty for not showing up today. Though I've not seen my manger since Tues. (she said nothing that day and I think I'd re-checked it as late as Tues.), I was off Wed. and she was off yesterday, so I'm thinking she changed it Wed. but didn't post up a copy or alert us to it being updated as she's done in the past, so, well... what can I say. At least they know I'd never intentionally just not show up. Still I feel bad though.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #7999
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've had that happen before. Sometimes they just change your schedule and expect you to just KNOW.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #8000
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I probably didn't post about this, but my first "official" film work involving theater was done a few weeks ago. It would allow our school's drama program to receive a $10,000 grant. I didn't film it because I'm not tech savvy, but I did do the written portion.

So, why post about something that was a gear grinder before? Simply put: newer information came out involving people that could've helped me, but failed. Simply put, hypocrites.

I asked this friend of mine who has done film and YouTube before. However, she said she was busy and had no time; she claimed that she could help edit my written essay. Well, I emailed her the link... she totally ignored it. Thank God I received some editing advice on the writing and another friend to record because we barely finished in time. Essentially, everyone said "It was disorganized," even though I sent an email the day I found out about the contest.

This same person threw a fit because she wants to edit the present we're giving my instructor before we leave. Despite the guy friend getting praise, she was mad because she's studying film. I am doing the same, but seriously? It's completely insulting, especially because many of the drama students did not respond with what my guy bud and I did.

Add on the fact that people on the front counter at work don't focus as well as my new manager (one of my old ones transferred) sucking, I'm on edge. I know that either in drama or at work I will snap. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.