The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #741
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Alright! Back on Topic!

Looks like the Turtles are in a standoff with the police.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/16147211c...h24o2_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/a67273820...h24o1_1280.jpg
Ooh looks epic. Are those manhole lids at their feet?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #742
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Ooh looks epic. Are those manhole lids at their feet?
I have no idea, Considering its painted with dots on it.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #743
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I like that last picture, looks like Leo may be trying to talk the police down. Guns may not be able to take them down but I like the idea that they'd still attempt to avoid an unneeded confrontation.
i dont think they are completely bulletproof - but I do agree that Leo trying to avoid confrontation for safety's sake is awesome. its what a leader would do...a good one anyway. lol

but about the bulletproof thing:

- when the lair was raided, donnie yells, they have tranq darts, and leo responds, then dont let 'em hit your skin

- when they were shot at, they turned to expose their shell, which acted like a shield

- yes, Raph, did some crazy bullet absorption and redirect, BUT in an interview, the producers said that was a call back to a comic issue where the Turtles had powers, and Raph was bulletproof. it was specific only to him, and only to his 'front' shell.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #744
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

For me, the whole bullet proof thing IS ridiculous...as said earlier it takes away any sense of tension there might have been if a gun was pointing at them.

My thought is that it was created through lazy writing:

"Hey, the Turtles are surrounded by Foot with guns at Sachs estate, how do they get out of this one?"

"Um...well instead of thinking of a clever way out let's just make them bullet-proof and worry about the implications later..."

Not trolling or anything, I like the 2014 quite a bit, but so many things they could have done better or thought out a little more...

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
Old 05-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #745
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
For me, the whole bullet proof thing IS ridiculous...as said earlier it takes away any sense of tension there might have been if a gun was pointing at them.

My thought is that it was created through lazy writing:

"Hey, the Turtles are surrounded by Foot with guns at Sachs estate, how do they get out of this one?"

"Um...well instead of thinking of a clever way out let's just make them bullet-proof and worry about the implications later..."

Not trolling or anything, I like the 2014 quite a bit, but so many things they could have done better or thought out a little more...
i completely agree, that SOOOO many things could have been done better, and the bulletproof thing is definitely one of them. but i think they are still vulnerable to bullets, only their shells, acting as armor, can repel it. still not great, but what can we do.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #746
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I think the first film was just reverse engineered . I think the producers came up with things they wanted to see the turtles do (turtles sliding down snowy mountains on their shells, flipping cars...) and built the movie from there. Would explain why the turtles are so big and monstrous ("They're gonna need to be big to justify all this."). They tried so late in the game to steer it closer to traditional TMNT that I can't help but be curious as to how this will be since they're more than likely trying to make it fall in line with what people are familiar with right off the bat.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #747
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

the plot thickens...what is this? or what place does it have in the film...

...my guess...has something to do with the birth of Bebop and Rocksteady.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #748
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Glad to see hints of them getting Leo out there as leader and calm big brother. And was also thinking that the blue thingies might be placement for CGI manholes. Makes sense I guess if we're to believe these Turtles can actually fit through any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
We are truly blessed to have all these wonderful things for this movie (and also the last one). And Megan Fox is a gifted and wonderful actress, and she's stunningly beautiful! We are so lucky! Praise and thanks God Almighty for all these goodness, I'm very grateful.
Now that I've stopped being dumbstruck... You what now?

Why do I seriously have a wish to see you literally standing on a soapbox on a corner a block away from the film set and 'preaching' this to passersby... (Just to see how it goes, since I don't share the sentiment at all.)
Spoiler:
Set person: "Security!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
the plot thickens...what is this? or what place does it have in the film...

...my guess...has something to do with the birth of Bebop and Rocksteady.

http://i.imgur.com/PciOkXJ.jpg
Neat! Prob some kind of set pieces, I guess, will be interesting to see what it looks like much later when it is, I assume, painted and put together.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #749
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Allll good bruh, I will do that and you can continue hiding photos of yourself from here, for painfully obvious reasons.
Wow, that was the weakest sh*t ever. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
lmao what?
Are you seriously implying he's insecure just because he doesn't post pictures of himself?
I love it when people get all defensive.
Pretty funny.

Anyway, enough cringe-inducing comebacks from dudes who take criticism of a kids movie personally like you're saying they have tiny penises.

So they encounter the police, clearly, then drop down manholes to escape.

Then what. The police go on the hunt for them. Then at some point they realize they're the superheroes this town needs. And bad movie cliches abound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #750
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

There's an image someone posted on twitter that someone claims is concept art of Bebop and Rocksteady, But I refused to believe it, It just looks too cartoonish. lol
https://twitter.com/mayowaeleso/stat...96467059810305

Quote:
#Bebop & #Rocksteady concept art of #TMNT2 #TMNT #TMNT @ohsnapjbsmoove @fred_tatasciore

I hate when people post stuff claiming its this or that, when its not for obvious reasons.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #751
Powder
So tired of this place

Then why are you?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 05-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #752
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Then why are you?
Just to show how dumb it is.

Here's some pics that I found interesting.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jester; 06-03-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #753
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
There's an image someone posted on twitter that someone claims is concept art of Bebop and Rocksteady, But I refused to believe it, It just looks too cartoonish. lol
https://twitter.com/mayowaeleso/stat...96467059810305

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CE-1JQ1WIAAfC-9.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CE-1JRmWgAE2ABJ.jpg

I hate when people post stuff claiming its this or that, when its not for obvious reasons.
Obviously it's not for the movie, but I'm afraid it might be for something else.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #754
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Obviously it's not for the movie, but I'm afraid it might be for something else.
True, cause people sometimes associate TMNT2 with Secret of the Ooze.

Oh boy! All the confusion that having two TMNT 2 movies will cause. lol

Even though the working title is Half Shell, It'll be called TMNT 2 cause the titles on those chairs, Anyways, I noticed something.

They are emphasizing the word Turtles in the title, So it looks its going to be.

Teenage Mutant Ninja TURTLES II
Old 05-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #755
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
True, cause people sometimes associate TMNT2 with Secret of the Ooze.

Oh boy! All the confusion that having two TMNT 2 movies will cause. lol
That's not what I meant (although yes, having two TMNT 2 will be confusing).

What I meant was that the concept art, while abviously not intended for a movie, might be concept art for another product. Toys, Video Games or (as I fear could be the case) a cartoon to replace the current one.

Although, they are pencil drawings so I'm leaning towards them being fake regardless.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #756
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Just to show how dumb it is.
But then that's... "off topic," right?

(That was only a very gentle jab, just fyi.)

Yeah, that definitely looks like a random person's Nick ideas, not anything for a movie or by an artist related to it. (Some people online seem to like to pass themselves off though as something they aren't, or go living some fantasy pretending it... Pretty easy to figure out that they aren't however.)

You don't tend to see very basic sketches making it public as "concept art" much these days anyhow, at least for films like this (different media may be a different matter of course); a sketch that basic looks very incomplete as far as concept art goes. I mean look at the stuff that did eventually show up online after the first film. THAT was concept art by today's standards - not someone's simple pencil sketch on paper and photographed. lol At the very least a concept artist would probably be using the computer to some degree, and likely one of those drawing tablet things. (Hell, some people even frown on doing sketches by hand now with those tablet things out there...)

Quote:
Here's some pics that I found interesting.
Nice pics, whoever took it has an awesome camera, too.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #757
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
But then that's... "off topic," right?

(That was only a very gentle jab, just fyi.)

Yeah, that definitely looks like a random person's Nick ideas, not anything for a movie or by an artist related to it. (Some people online seem to like to pass themselves off though as something they aren't, or go living some fantasy pretending it... Pretty easy to figure out that they aren't however.)

You don't tend to see very basic sketches making it public as "concept art" much these days anyhow; a sketch that basic looks very incomplete as far as concept art goes. I mean look at the stuff that did eventually how up online after the first film. THAT was concept art by today's standards - not someone's simple pencil sketch on paper and photographed. lol At the very least a concept artist would probably be using the computer to some degree, and likely one of those drawing tablet things.

Nice pics, whoever took it has an awesome camera, too.
Yeah, I sometimes hate how people randomly tag #TMNT2 in a tweet, Which has nothing to do with the movies.

As for the pics, It looks like Raph is getting his hands up when caught by the police.

Here's a new pic of that Raph/Leo Model.

They are probably using this the lighting.

Last edited by Jester; 06-03-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:11 PM   #758
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Are Leo's swords....INSIDE his shell?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #759
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And Pete in the second pic, Leo's gonna have some serious "if looks could kill" glare power. lol

Quote:
Here's a new pic of that Raph/Leo Model.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFAHptJWoAIaXD4.jpg

They are probably using this the lighting.
That just... remains disturbing. lol

I want to see the look on the sculptor's face when that was commissioned.

I'm sure Leo and Raph would be completely thrilled about being fused together. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Are Leo's swords....INSIDE his shell?
Seems to be. Pretty sure they were doing that last time too however. Height reference maybe when on his back?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #760
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Nah, I was wrong. They are on the back...the straps just make it look that way. The sword straps and the straps holding the shell on blend together. I FINALLY detected the slight color difference.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2