The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #181
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Celebrate TMNT Day On October 25th At Your Local Comic Shop

Cowabunga! Celebrate TMNT Day 2017 at your local comic shop on October 25th!

Get up to speed with IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics with a Free TMNT Day Sampler!

Recapping over five years of comedy, action and drama with everyone's favorite mutant family, this issue is the perfect way to get ready for the exciting adventures to come!

Spoiler:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...cal-Comic-Shop

wonder what's going to be in it?
Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #182
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
wonder what's going to be in it?
15 pages of recap and "hey remember when", less than 5 pages of actual new content.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #183
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"Remember that time that any encounter we've had ever should have, by all logic, left us knee-deep in the pits of post-traumatic stress?"
Old 10-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #184
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
...less than 5 pages of actual new content.
i'm not even so sure about that.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #185
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Some new captions and the like, but no new artwork. This is for folks new to the series as a free catch up, so anyone on these boards shouldn't expect anything too exciting!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #186
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Some new captions and the like, but no new artwork. This is for folks new to the series as a free catch up, so anyone on these boards shouldn't expect anything too exciting!
Well if nothing else, the book is a must have just for the cover alone. I love Mateus's work.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #187
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Got it, so this isn't like the FCBD issues... thanks!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #188
AquaParade
Banned

The cover is stunning. Makes me crave some IDW Limited Tmnt sets for the current run.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #189
funatic
Mad Scientist

My LCS is hosting an event with TMNT discounts (and pizza, naturally), but they only heard about this since the manager happened to be eating at the same place as Kevin Eastman's sister last week. I'm surprised this hasn't been more promoted by IDW. Everyone make sure to let your local shops know just in case!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #190
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
i had a feeling when i read "sampler" it'd be something like this.
wasn't sure if it would be segments from story arcs, or highlight the events of the series in single panels.
sounds cool though. called my LCS and since i pull everything TMNT i'm having it eld for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
My LCS is hosting an event with TMNT discounts (and pizza, naturally), but they only heard about this since the manager happened to be eating at the same place as Kevin Eastman's sister last week. I'm surprised this hasn't been more promoted by IDW. Everyone make sure to let your local shops know just in case!
that actually sounds really cool!
Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #191
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
15 pages of recap and "hey remember when", less than 5 pages of actual new content.
So a Family Guy episode?
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #192
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

If Utroms had been poking around on Earth in the Cretaceous, they could have been on Earth in the Jurassic. Or with time travel being a thing...Leatherhead could easily have been one of these:

A "BoarCroc", or Kaprosuchus which was 20 feet long, could gallop because of how long its legs were, and eat dinosaurs.

And it would also be a lot easier to mutate into a bipedal stance. It would take a lot of changes in story to make this happen, like maybe he was an early mutation test that got dragged everywhere Krang went. Something of a proto-Triceraton.

On the other hand, Kaprosuchus existed in the Cretaceous, and thus would be a more viable option for a "Long Legged Crocodile" mutation. He could have been a "backup" in case the Triceratons didn't work out. Maybe he was the only one because of extraneous factors. Or was the only survivor of a fight between..."Kaproschons" (some Utrom out there is terrible at naming things xD ) and Triceratons...there's a lot of ideas here.

Somehow it makes a little more sense than an alligator living in the Labrador Sea, which is cold as fvck in the winter and spring; no reptile could survive long there.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-19-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #193
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Whew, that’s good to hear.
Well not really, but it’s kind of a relief knowing that if I miss out on this it isn’t a big deal.
My local comic shop has a bad habit of not ordering stuff like this so I doubt they’ll get it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #194
CyberCubed
Overlord

Who do you want to die in IDW TMNT next?

I honestly think Koya might die at some point. She's going off the deep end in Universe and Leonardo isn't going to cut her any slack next time. Either that or she'll sacrifice herself for Karai. I definitely see a "depressing" ending for her either way soon.

Other than that I'm not sure. I expect characters like Baxter, Karai, Hun, Bebop/Rocksteady to stick around for the entire duration of IDW's run. Same for Old Hob and all the Mutanimals including Leatherhead. We might see characters like Bishop defeated at some point if he doesn't become an ally like other TMNT incarnations.

I think Null will die at the end of her arc, or be banished to wherever she came from. We might also see Rat King or Kitsune locked away in some God-like prison for their misdeeds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #195
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Who do you want to die in IDW TMNT next?
I'm gonna go with Slash, Hun and Splinter.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #196
CyberCubed
Overlord

I kinda wish they just let Hun go to jail like he was at the end of the issue 50 arc. Seeing Hob and Herman bust him out of the jail car just for an extremely brief 2-issue arc of him selling weapons to them was pointless. After that we only saw him one more time in the universe issue with Leatherhead and again he was just there doing a dog fighting shows.

With Shredder gone and Casey taking over the Purple Dragons, it made sense to see Hun's story end. I would have preferred him just go to jail like he was than let loose again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #197
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I kinda wish they just let Hun go to jail like he was at the end of the issue 50 arc. Seeing Hob and Herman bust him out of the jail car just for an extremely brief 2-issue arc of him selling weapons to them was pointless. After that we only saw him one more time in the universe issue with Leatherhead and again he was just there doing a dog fighting shows.

With Shredder gone and Casey taking over the Purple Dragons, it made sense to see Hun's story end. I would have preferred him just go to jail like he was than let loose again.
That is the way I see Krang working best. Hun's story is done...for now. Rest him in jail until the time is right for a story purpose for him then have him on the loose.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #198
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

You...haven't read #75 yet, have you?

Now, because of time travel, I expect that Zog hasn't lost his intelligence in the current timeline, but probably will in the course of the Triceraton Invasion. It would be a more metaphorical death than a literal one.

As for an "actual" death, I think it would be Shredder's second death after the whole Dragon Lord thing. Or third? When you think about it, he's died a lot . And a more 'restful' one, compared to his looping "fight everything in Hell and rule the afterlife" death.

I imagine see any of the Mutanimals or Leatherhead dying anytime soon. Kitsune might just return to the spirit realm when her plans are thwarted. Not necessarily dying but being in a "Yeah, she's dead to us" situation.

Splinter probably will be alive for a long while, but I have a feeling that his days are numbered.

I've realized that I wouldn't mind a Stranger Things crossover. Maybe a two-parter.
Is it an excuse for the various factions to get together and beat up some Demogorgons? Yes. But would it be awesome? Also yes.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-28-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:35 AM   #199
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I honestly think Koya might die at some point. She's going off the deep end in Universe and Leonardo isn't going to cut her any slack next time. Either that or she'll sacrifice herself for Karai. I definitely see a "depressing" ending for her either way soon.
For some reason I see Bludgeon dying before Koya in kind of a martyr role. Maybe a vengeful decision she makes puts her at risk and he sacrificises himself for her (or Karai?) - causing a whole new character path for his team.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #200
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, narratively speaking, Bludgeon would be better. If only because Koya's reaction would be more interesting, than Bludgeon reacting to her dying.

She can join Ch'rell in the Distressed Screaming Room and be companions in misery.

Tags
idw's tmnt