The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Linkara reviews Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1

For this week's episode of Atop the Fourth Wall, Linkara does an episode on Mirage's first issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Enjoy.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
snake
Disgusting

Linkara is still around?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

...who...?
Old 01-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Linkara is still around?
He's been weekly since he started, he never left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
...who...?
Long time comic reviewer from That Guy With The Glasses/Channel Awesome.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I started to like and stopped liking Linkara because of his History of Power Rangers videos; His "fans stop being excited for what I do" rants that lasted 5 minutes or more were too much for me and stopped watching any of the stuff he did. I do like his obscure comic reviews but other than that he tires too hard and is just a retread of the AVGN but on comics and less talent.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It was a okay review.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It was a good review, he didn't trash the comic itself, I think he only had issues with how the panels were drawn.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:22 AM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Long time comic reviewer from That Guy With The Glasses/Channel Awesome.
No idea what any of that means.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #9
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
He's a literally-who with an almost nonexistant fanbase, is a translation.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #10
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The Website of the Nostalgia Critic, one of the big internet reviewers that came out of Youtube during the time the Angry Video Game Nerd was getting big there (NC and AVGN did a few crossovers, which helped).

Youtube back in the day got some people their big break in terms of living off stuff like that (before they started copyright claiming everyone to death).
Old 01-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #11
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He's a literally-who with an almost nonexistant fanbase, is a translation.
I mean, he's had 20,000 views on this video in 24 hours, has over 40,000 Twitter followers, and makes $2500 a month on Patreon. But okay.

He's not the biggest star on the Internet or anything, but he's doing pretty freakin' well as far as comics critics go.

Last edited by Bry; 01-17-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

He actually lives off all that, that's literally his job, which kinda gets thrown in your face when he does those 'stop using adblock' rants.

Though he mostly covers bad comics, he sometimes does cover oddities and whatnot, which is the case here. So he didn't cover the first tmnt issue for the sake of bashing it. He did pretty good considering that this was all we knew about the turtles at the time. All they were in issue 1 were Splinter's agents of death and revenge and the only character development was Raph didn't like the sewers as much as the rest and Leo pretty much calling all the shots in battle.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

These people who make money off of youtube videos make me sick. They should get real jobs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #14
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
These people who make money off of youtube videos make me sick. They should get real jobs.
oh shut up cybercubed....

Old 01-17-2017, 09:47 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
oh shut up cybercubed....

http://i.imgur.com/QTdsg0d.gif
LMAO!!!! Oh that made my day.

And Cubed I'm pretty sure all the hours of work Linkara puts into his stuff to make sure it's out every Tuesday without fail is a hell of a job in itself.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #16
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
LMAO!!!! Oh that made my day.

And Cubed I'm pretty sure all the hours of work Linkara puts into his stuff to make sure it's out every Tuesday without fail is a hell of a job in itself.
it was either the list of Jericho or Broken Matt Hardy saying Deleted so I thought Y2J fit it better
Old 01-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #17
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If they can build enough of an audience to make money doing it, they deserve every penny of it. It's like any other content or creative endeavour. Why besmirch someone their success if they've worked hard for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Exactly. Writing and editing are time-consuming. Every well-produced video is working from a script of some kind, and every minute of screentime can take an hour or more to edit (or much more, depending on how complicated it is).

He does an actual show with legit planning, research, writing and editing. I guarantee it takes him a decent chunk of time to produce episodes each week.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #18
snake
Disgusting

I'm not a fan of either his show or the dude personally. He's a smug assbag irl.

His begging for money videos were amusing.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:48 PM   #19
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I used to watch his show on TGWTG, but I drifted away from all of that stuff a couple of years before they hit the skids. I think most of the reviewers ran out of good source material. For instance, Linkara used to only review incontrovertibly 'bad' comics, then it was stuff that was kinda bad, then mediocre, then episodes of Power Rangers; now he's reviewing TMNT #1 for some reason?

I was never a huge fan of the 'plot' elements of his show either; like when he would have conversations with himself dressed in a morph suite ; but to each his own I guess.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Well he does have a Secret Origins month where he goes into first issues of popular superheroes just to see their humble beginnings and how things were different in that era. And it looks like he takes requests. TMNT # 1 was requested TONS of times and he finally got around to it. So at least in this case it's because the fans demanded it.

I agree his story lines go on too long and are too complex to just jump in, and then you have to keep track of his past adventures to know how they relate to the current one.... yeah... I'm not gonna do that. I usually end the video after the review.