The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #281
thefont9
Random Punk

Hey guys. I don't post often here and I apologize. I just want to point out that if the ten-year-old versions of yourselves knew that their future selves were complaining about very, very minor stuff, they'd probably be pretty disappointed. My head would have exploded at that age if the toy product was this good/accurate.

Just appreciate that there is a company working hard to make something as accurate and good as possible. We're lucky to have NECA.
thefont9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #282
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefont9 View Post
Hey guys. I don't post often here and I apologize. I just want to point out that if the ten-year-old versions of yourselves knew that their future selves were complaining about very, very minor stuff, they'd probably be pretty disappointed. My head would have exploded at that age if the toy product was this good/accurate.

Just appreciate that there is a company working hard to make something as accurate and good as possible. We're lucky to have NECA.
A wise fan-- you should post more!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #283
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefont9 View Post

Healthy perspective. I dig it.

That said, I had no concept of the value of a dollar when I was a kid, so I rebuke!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #284
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
A wise fan-- you should post more!
Certainly wiser than the two people who posted immediately after him.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #285
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
This guy is having a bad day.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #286
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Not really...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #287
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
This guy is having a bad day.
I guess the Chinese bootlegs are screwing with his bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Hush and go rip off some unsuspecting international fan with exorbitantly-priced toys.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #288
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I guess the Chinese bootlegs are screwing with his bottom line.

Hush and go rip off some unsuspecting international fan with exorbitantly-priced toys.
Clearly, it's something. People in a good mood don't go starting **** out of the blue.

Can't believer were finally coming upon the release of these figures though. Exciting times.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #289
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Can't believer were finally coming upon the release of these figures though. Exciting times.
NO KIDDING! Golden Age 2.0!

Bring on more Barron/Henson merch! 4K release! Directors Cut! 1:1 Shredder helmet replica! The Art and Photography of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (curated by d_osborn)! Hell, I'd probably buy some Henson TMNT socks at this point.

IDW should commission Barron to oversee a comic-sequel.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:37 AM   #290
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
1:1 Shredder helmet replica!
That would be fantastic!
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #291
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
NO KIDDING! Golden Age 2.0!

Bring on more Barron/Henson merch! 4K release! Directors Cut! 1:1 Shredder helmet replica! The Art and Photography of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (curated by d_osborn)! Hell, I'd probably buy some Henson TMNT socks at this point.

IDW should commission Barron to oversee a comic-sequel.
That Steve Baron comic sequel would be my prized possession.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #292
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
That would be fantastic!
Honestly I think Randy was hinting at that earlier in the year ... I would adore that.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #293
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That Steve Baron comic sequel would be my prized possession.
No kidding! Make it so, IDW!

I keep hoping comic adaptations of unproduced screenplays/movie concepts would kick off. There have been a few-- Frank Miller's Robocop 2, the early Lucas Star Wars draft. Ghostbusters Hellbent is an obvious one I would love to see. I would be lying if I said I haven't put serious thought into fan-adapting one of the unproduced TMNT 4 scripts.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #294
rh608
Thug

comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Can you define the error and issues you mention?
Yes sir . . .

I took note of a few things immediately after they posted each tease of Shredder. See the attached images for comparison. Hopefully the read outlines can be seen.

Also, what I didn't do side by sides of are the face mask, which is missing a last opening on either side nor of the claws on his arm gauntlets, which are too big -- something I noticed but didn't bother me too much. There are a few other things I've taken note of, which I'm sure others have too, that I feel are minor. So, I won't carry into mentioning anymore now because apparently being concerned about adequacy of a sculpt is a bad thing to some.

For me, as I've said before, the Shredder movie helmet is everything. That's the thing I wanted 100% accuracy on. Especially considering the time taken on the figure. Even the slightest inconsistency can make such a difference aesthetically.

May not matter at all to some but it just does to me.

But we will see what the final outcome is because I for one feel that the unpainted helmet and the painted one in the photos NECA shared are not the same sculpt. The crown on top is definitely not the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helmet sculpt.jpg (84.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20181212_211814.jpg (94.5 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by rh608; 12-17-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: duplicate photos and grammatical errors
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #295
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
Yes sir . . .

I took note of a few things immediately after they posted each tease of Shredder. See the attached images for comparison. Hopefully the read outlines can be seen.

Also, what I didn't do side by sides of are the face mask, which is missing a last opening on either side nor of the claws on his arm gauntlets, which are too big -- something I noticed but didn't bother me too much. There are a few other things I've taken note of, which I'm sure others have too, that I feel are minor. So, I won't carry into mentioning anymore now because apparently being concerned about adequacy of a sculpt is a bad thing to some.

For me, as I've said before, the Shredder movie helmet is everything. That's the thing I wanted 100% accuracy on. Especially considering the time taken on the figure. Even the slightest inconsistency can make such a difference aesthetically.

May not matter at all to some but it just does to me.

But we will see what the final outcome is because I for one feel that the unpainted helmet and the painted one in the photos NECA shared are not the same sculpt. The crown on top is definitely not the same.
Fair enough...those issues you mentioned dont bother me, but I see where you have a concern. Cant wait to see what the final looks like.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #296
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Fair enough...those issues you mentioned dont bother me, but I see where you have a concern. Cant wait to see what the final looks like.
Same. I love reading nitpicky constructive criticism on accuracy, but try not to let it get in the way of enjoying kick ass stuff. As long as the spirit is there.

Now a 1:1 Shredder helmet? Yes... as close as possible, please!
Old 12-18-2018, 11:20 PM   #297
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:34 PM   #298
AquaParade
Banned

Woahhhh.

That looks good.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #299
Roseangelo
Emperor

I do hope that's not the final cape.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #300
rh608
Thug

Hmmm . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Yea, for me, the helmet looks like a 'cartoonish' take on the film version instead of a life-like replica. NECA is purposely sharing these heavily distorted fuzzy images. Maybe they purposely warp them as to not reveal all details.

They have released no final press photos, which tells me they are still tweaking things. The cape clearly isn't finished. NECA wouldn't not add the print on there.

The helmet in the full body image appears different than the helmet in the image of the unpainted sculpts.

Ehh, oh well. We'll see after while. I'm now more interested in what NECA has been working on behind the scenes. Whether or not they have worked out likeness licensing from other characters or if they have been toying with a Splinter sculpt or even Tatsu. Hmmm . . .

Last edited by rh608; 12-19-2018 at 08:24 AM. Reason: modifications
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote