The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #61
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
No, it isn't. It's pretty far off the mark. Trump continuously breaks the law. His own associates have attested to this and turned over evidence supporting it. Mueller stated that, we're Trump not the president, there'd be enough to indict.

What blows my mind though? People are so deadset on defending the guy. If he goes, nothing changes. Things would even get better for the GOP. They still stay in power albeit with a slight blemish. Pence gets the office, and he's a much more effective and appealing candidate to the GOP base. We certainly wouldn't be laughing ourselves silly over childish outbursts about windmill cancer or hamberder smorgasbords. Or rolling our eyes every time he "falls in love" with a dictator of a hostile foreign power. Or every time the world laughs at him.

I'd imagine Pence' s administration would at least have the work ethic to send representatives to our embassies and consulates around the world. He'd be much more deft at maneuvering through Congress and more formidable against Pelosi and Schumer,which isn't difficult but something Trump can't seem to handle.

We're deciding the leader of the free world here. Let's get someone a little better than this bozo. We can all scream and whine about "all politicians are the same", but this one is an absolute **** show. Get some damn standards and some self respect.
You take this things so so seriously.
Trump vs Democrats is not a battle between good and evil. Not even battle between democracy and tyranny.
It's a battle of one part of establishment vs another.
The whole reason why "DemocRats" are so hell bent to take down Trump is because he is not part of their clique and they can't just buy or bully him into doing what they want. This is rich vs rich and your opinion decides absolutely nothing here.

Also, "Free world" is such a meaningless phrase this days. This "free world" is controlled by corporations and media moguls, manufacturing truths and lies they find convenient for any given situation, outright controlling people through the new technology and constantly ******** out propaganda for whatever cause they find profitable. Yeah, it is not a North Korea yet, but it is not a free world by any margin. Not anymore.

Also, as long as leader does his functions and doesn't go full tyrant - its fine. Trump is funny, so that's another bonus. Much better than yet another boring old fart who lies with a straight face.

I remember certain group of people was screaming and tearing out their hair, after Trump was elected. They seriously believed that he will create new Gestapo and will start rounding gays and blacks into camps...Talking about people being brainwashed by propaganda and acting like hysterical squirrels.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #62
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, it seems to me that largely the people rallying behind the -- as yet, incomplete -- impeachment proceedings acknowledge (deep down) that the "evidence" is not really much ado about anything... but at the same time they have this sense of, "But I KNOW he's done other illegal things, probably, and just really needs to go because he's awful so if this Ukraine business can help remove him then I'm backing that horse 200%!" Same as the "Trump is going to jail in 2 months for tax stuff!" thing, same as the "It's Mueller Time!" thing.
Right back atcha in the spot-on arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Trump will persevere through all this, and go onto win 2020.
Probably. And we will see more of that cave-dweller Tolkien thing I mentioned above if it goes down that way. The remnants making the same mistake as Hilary's campaign - focusing on 200 people right in front of her but not the 2,000 empty seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You take this things so so seriously.
Trump vs Democrats is not a battle between good and evil. Not even battle between democracy and tyranny.
It's a battle of one part of establishment vs another.
Exactly. The "battle" has been positioned as a fight against evil because of the leftist agenda. And the people that are so passionate about it tend to lack real information in their argument, but this makes sense because those same people so readily succumb to the leftist narrative and propagate it.

ASSESSMENT STYLE
Well adjusted person - Trump definitely has his provacative methods but the economy is actually moving, job fullfillment is up, etc.
-this one draws from a belief system about the country and metrics-

Leftist hanger on - No. NO! We are weaker than ever and Trump is a misogynist.
-this one draws from personal social experiences and the feels-

Last edited by IMJ; 12-23-2019 at 01:58 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #64
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
But...'we' lost! on feelings alone! he looks guilty, so he's guilty! it's so obvious, why can't you people see it?!? reeeee!!!!

smh....this is where we are at. 2019.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Exactly. The "battle" has been positioned as a fight against evil because of the leftist agenda.
The core reason is because for them, this all transcends politics and becomes a kind of theology.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is Trump allowed to run again in 2020 if the House impeached him? There's no rule he can't?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is Trump allowed to run again in 2020 if the House impeached him? There's no rule he can't?
No. And why would there be? If an impeachment happens that's just the establishment of if there's probable cause to try the president for wrongdoing... not the trial itself or the result of it.

It'd be like... I think I find enough evidence to suggest that every Thursday at 8 AM, you run the same red light.So I put together some articles to that end. Me and some other guys vote on it amongst ourselves, and determine that yeah, kind of seems like there's a case here about you running that red light every 8 AM.

That's where we're at now. But the guys with the articles are just standing there, not bringing the articles to the authorities. And even if they did, there would be an actual trial to that end.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-23-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #68
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To have any significant affect you'd need a bi-partisan impeachment (both of the parties Democrat and Republican by way of the House and Senate).

The CNN news clips from this whole fiasco are pure comedy. Hosts speaking with this deep tone in their voices that Trump now has a "red mark on his permanent record". Pelosi as she announces that "you can tell that people have a 'spring' in their step knowing the President was held accountable". Rashib making Brittney Spears-style hallway videos about "being on the way to impeach the President". Those 3 examples encompass leftist leadership in a nutshell right there.

I always look at all of the candidates in an election - I even said earlier that Tulsi has some appeal for me. But because of this current nonsense, it's very possible that I might just blindly check the box with the [R] next to it all the way down any ballot I interact with for the rest of my voting life. Or bare minimum until the Democrats remove Pelosi, Schumer, Ocasio and Thalib from their positions completely.

Leftists so blindly support their agenda that they can't even admit that their party is a mess that needs completely restructuring and leadership changes.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #69
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

He did do more illegal things. He misused campaign funds. His own lawyer sold him out. Best people, my ass.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #70
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Best people, my ass.
Who said this?

Without twisting whatever was actually said into something you perceived, can you point out who and where it was said that Trump and his people are the 'best people" by any measure that you've contextualized it here?

Because for my hand in the conversation I've only illustrated through example (Examples above. Not just by saying "they did things" or flinging an open accusation like "he misused campaign funds") the real agenda of liberal leadership - which is at this stage of the game is just boiling over hatred.

So if this was commentary on anything I've said, then I'll point out that your own perception made it adversarial by likening my description of the scum of the Democratic party to also meaning that Trump and his cohort are "the best people".

But if it wasn't my otherwise airtight discussion, who then said this? Because I'm seeing another perceptual problem from another liberal in your statement and I'd like to clear that up just so that I know that wasn't your intent. Of course it wasn't, right?

Last edited by IMJ; 12-23-2019 at 06:43 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #71
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Trump said it himself.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

He says a lot of things. "I have the best words," etc.. I don't think anyone is trying to claim he is of high moral standing or even a nice guy. It would be nice if the president could make all the right, tough calls AND be this paragon of human goodness and morality but that's not really going to ever be the case.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #73
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Trump said it himself.
Hm! Alright fair enough. Context helps though bud. But I understand.

Quote:
He says a lot of things. "I have the best words," etc.. I don't think anyone is trying to claim he is of high moral standing or even a nice guy. It would be nice if the president could make all the right, tough calls AND be this paragon of human goodness and morality but that's not really going to ever be the case.
Truth.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #74
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm gonna steal this, if you don't mind. We have the best memes, don't we, folks? #MAGA
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #75
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
bingo. I wish people would show this level of fanaticism with EVERY candidate, not just 'orange man bad'....

but,t hat's not going to happen either. all that matters to them now is getting the big scary boogy man out of office :/....hence, talk of government coups....
Old 12-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #76
Prowler
Emperor

As someone who's not American I cannot comment on Trump's domestic policies and how well USA is doing with him in charge. I wouldn't really know. As far as his foreign policy goes, well he's arrogant and a lot of world leaders don't like dealing with him, it seems. He generally seems like an unpleasant person. To rule a country you have to be selfish, backstabbing, arrogant and power hungry to a certain degree; yet even other world leaders don't seem to like him much... which says a lot about him, really. He's an arrogant pompous spoiled jerk. I don't think anyone can dispute that, really.

However, I'm still waiting for the world to explode and for him to become the second coming of Hitler. Neither has happened and I suspect they won't happen ever. At worst he might be a bad president with borderline tourette syndrome who lies and is involved in a lot of corruption scandals, which isn't something tax payers should be happy with, but it's nothing never seen before in any country in the world and it doesn't necessarily lead to world wars and doomsday. Especially in democracies. Trump isn't an dictator, even though I'm positive he'd love to do as he pleases. His travel ban was overruled by a supreme court judge iirc. So no, he can't just do as he pleases and go against the constitution. Plus, he has a senate and a congress to pass and veto his propositions.

It's a bit obvious at this point that it's gonna be very difficult for Trump to lose the 2020 presidentials. None of the blue candidates seem charismatic or strong enough to take him down. Plus, the American left seems to keep shooting itself in the foot and more interested in impeaching Trump than taking him on directly, which leads me to believe they know they're unlikely to beat him in 2020. They'd need someone like Obama to beat Trump. Remember when Obama made him look like a fool when he was asked for his birth certificate? Who else has been able to expose Trump like that since then? Certainly not Hilary.

So I think he'll stick around for another term. Who knows if that doesn't change. But if the impeachment isn't enough to bring him down then I don't think it's gonna be possible to stop his reelection.

Again, he's a terrible human being and all, but he's not Satan and the main difference between him and many others out there is that he just can't filter himself properly. He's like an American Silvio Berlusconi on steroids.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #77
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Stop moving the goal posts. IMJ is accusing me of perceiving things. You're telling me Trump's own words are up for interpretation. If I make fun of another cry baby here, he runs and demands I be forcibly removed.

Who am I supposed to address here?

And no one is demanding perfection. Stability would be nice, though.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #78
Vegita-San
Emperor

seems to me duder you're the only cry baby on here about this. everyone else seems to be having a rather calm discussion...

just sayin'....

but I guess pointing that out makes me a radical right winger. :/

Last edited by Vegita-San; 12-24-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #79
Sumac
Foot Elite

Is the moderator provoking conflict and ban baiting people?
Because it is certainly looks like it.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:09 PM   #80
snake
Disgusting

Can someone explain to me how they're going to fit Trump in a peach?? He's way too big
snake is offline   Reply With Quote