Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #61
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
those dont make this a bad movie? so you dont like those things? maybe you wont enjoy this movie? im not saying you will? im saying that just because you dont like those things, it doesnt make it a bad movie at all. because its still tmnt, its still shredder, whether saki or not, the fights and cg look great, and we dont even know 90% of the plot. this movie could be a fantastic movie that you dont like just because of a couple things
its not worth it Dude Hes got it stuck in his heard its going to be something its not don't worry, We can still enjoy it he can dislike it all he likes

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
I would probably be very excited by this movie if the Turtles had the more traditional faces (without the nostrils)...I could deal with all the clothing, accessories, Megan Fox, Megatron Shredder...but (to quote Frank Booth) their faces just "make me wanna f%*$g puke".
And that effect hasn't worn off the more I've seen them either.
Truth. If they would just digitally remove those goddamn nostrils and the noses, I'd be more excited for the movie.

The Turtles faces are just so god awful. I too can deal with them wearing clothing and being bigger and bulkier....but their goddamn faces. I mean they look like Shrek and Hulk had a love child.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #63
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Truth. If they would just digitally remove those goddamn nostrils and the noses, I'd be more excited for the movie.

The Turtles faces are just so god awful. I too can deal with them wearing clothing and being bigger and bulkier....but their goddamn faces. I mean they look like Shrek and Hulk had a love child.
I just hope the backlash against this is so strong, Paramount will force what ever idiot who thought those facial designs were cool, to revamp them to look like a more classic Ninja Turtle look for the sequels/possible reboots in the future.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #64
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I just hope the backlash against this is so strong, Paramount will force what ever idiot who thought those facial designs were cool, to revamp them to look like a more classic Ninja Turtle look for the sequels/possible reboots in the future.
yup screw everyone who worked on the movie. Heck while we are at it lets lynch them and have them fired cuz you know know one likes these designs

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #65
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
yup screw everyone who worked on the movie. Heck while we are at it lets lynch them and have them fired cuz you know know one likes these designs
Why? Did you work on the movie or have some sort of input on the new designs and that's why you get so defensive whenever someone voices their opinions on that matter in a not so friendly way???? Hmmmmmm.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #66
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Great, now I feel bad for liking the designs...
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #67
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In this case, I'm in complete agreement with Cubed re the faces just putting the "ugh" in ugly. I was saying to Snake earlier today that I can cope with them not being "cutesy" Turtles, but these are really far in the opposite direction. Raph and Leo are the ones that I'm having the most difficult time with... but maybe I'll feel differently after the movie.

And Xiewin, don't feel bad - opinions are pretty widely divided on the designs, it's nothing to feel bad about, I promise.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #68
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Great, now I feel bad for liking the designs...
Why? I don't feel bad for not liking the faces, nor do I feel bad for liking the Transformers looks, despite what the internet tells us either way.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #69
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Why? Did you work on the movie or have some sort of input on the new designs and that's why you get so defensive whenever someone voices their opinions on that matter in a not so friendly way???? Hmmmmmm.
No I dont but people like me and you did one major player in the designs is a member on these boards, is a huge tmnt fan, who worked hard on this film and its designs, But saying things like that is Arrogant. Sure you want something different that's fine, some people dont like 2k3 or 80's toons, But to say "I just hope the backlash against this is so strong, Paramount will force what ever idiot who thought those facial designs were cool, to revamp them to look like a more classic Ninja Turtle look for the sequels/possible reboots in the future." IS just arrogant and rude, You have no idea what it take to design for movies and as an artist i only have a vague idea of what it would take to design something for a movie of this level we've seen concept art of a more traditional look and chances are there are several different iteration. and to call these artist idiots and in turn pretty much meaning any one who enjoys them are also idiots.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 06-29-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #70
pennydreadful
trash

Sam, I didn't see Warhorse calling anyone an idiot for liking the designs.

You don't have to take on everyone who says something negative about the movie. Like Splinter says, you can't force someone to like something.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #71
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
No I dont but people like me and you did one major players in the deisgns is a member on these boards is a huge tmnt fan who worked hard on this film and its designs, But saying things like that is Arrogant. Sure you want something different that's fine, some people dont like 2k3 or 80's toons, But to say "I just hope the backlash against this is so strong, Paramount will force what ever idiot who thought those facial designs were cool, to revamp them to look like a more classic Ninja Turtle look for the sequels/possible reboots in the future." IS just arrogant and rude, You have no idea what it take to design for movies and as an artist i only have a vague idea of what it would take to design something for a movie of this level we've seen concept art of a more traditional look and chances are there are several different iteration. and to call these artist idiots and in turn pretty much meaning any one who enjoys them are also idiots.
Honestly, I do not care what other people say or do. And history has proven that people like Cube and I are not alone.

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. I am sure people poured their hearts and souls into the movie, but they apparently didn't realize that they were pretty much bastardizing the franchise. The public backlashed at the changes and WB decided to revamp the whole thing, and now we got TDK saga.

X-Men Last Stand was another movie that had many people working on it, but again, they were so out of tune to what the people really wanted, the backlash was astronomical. And guess what, despite it being the highest grossing movie of that franchise, Fox still listened to the backlash and revamped the whole thing with First Class, and then Bryan Singer came in and made X-Men 3 non existence.

Just because people work hard on something doesn't mean they get off scott free. And Hollywood is a cut throat business, if these hard workers aren't prepared for the backlash and scrutiny that comes with the business, especially when adapting a comic book movie, because the fanboys are the most craziest of all cults out there, then they really have no business being in Hollywood.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:53 PM   #72
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Sam, I didn't see Warhorse calling anyone an idiot for liking the designs.

You don't have to take on everyone who says something negative about the movie. Like Splinter says, you can't force someone to like something.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...3tu1o1_500.gif
I even quoted her, She imply that the people behind the designs are idiots because she does not agree with them, so if the people who came up with the designs are idiot for liking and picking the designs are idiot what are the people who like a designs?? fine, Then why Is it ok to call a hard working person and Idiot who spent many man hours laboring over these. Its ok to call and member of these board and Idiot, and That, his work was essentially pointless and be changed? Its arrogant.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #73
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I even quoted her, She imply that the people behind the designs are idiots because she does not agree with them, so if the people who came up with the designs are idiot for liking and picking the designs are idiot what are the people who like a designs?? fine, Then why Is it ok to call a hard working person and Idiot who spent many man hours laboring over these. Its ok to call and member of these board and Idiot, and That, his work was essentially pointless and be changed? Its arrogant.
Geeze, do you want me to give a list what I call certain politicians? Really dude, you need to get over it. In fact, you knew what you were walking into the second you clicked on this thread. It's blatant that it's for people who are not fond of certain things in this movie. You really need to deal with it. Not everybody is going to think everything is awesome, and let them have their opinions. And I do not think highly of the people who are behind these designs, simply because when I go to the theater and the trailer shows up, I am hearing snickers of how ugly they look. They are making the Turtles into a laughing stock when most super hero/comic book movies are starting to be recognized as good movies period. So shoot me for wanting the same thing.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #74
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
I didn't interpret it that way, but hey, you're entitled to your opinion (hey, I think Biggs is an idiot but I certainly don't think that the people who like him are). I'm not taking sides, dude - I just don't understand why you get so worked up sometimes.

It just kind of feels like you bite every time someone says something bad about the movie. Why not just ignore the people who hate things like the faces, and just talk to the people who are as into them as you are?

Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #75
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Geeze, do you want me to give a list what I call certain politicians? Really dude, you need to get over it. In fact, you knew what you were walking into the second you clicked on this thread. It's blatant that it's for people who are not fond of certain things in this movie. You really need to deal with it. Not everybody is going to think everything is awesome, and let them have their opinions. And I do not think highly of the people who are behind these designs, simply because when I go to the theater and the trailer shows up, I am hearing snickers of how ugly they look. They are making the Turtles into a laughing stock when most super hero/comic book movies are starting to be recognized as good movies period. So shoot me for wanting the same thing.
I dont care That people Don't like the designs, that there opinions that fine, to to say a hard working person who happens to be a member an Idiot for not catering to YOUR personally preference, is ARROGANT.

But the sooner people realize that that all it is personal preference and it has nothing to do with the people working on the movie, but it has everything to do with personal taste, I love sushi , just because my wife doesn't doesn't make her weird or stupid, no its her personal opinion and she doesn't call the chef a failure because he also happens to make sushi.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #76
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I dont care That people Don't like the designs, that there opinions that fine, to to say a hard working person who happens to be a member an Idiot for not catering to YOUR personally preference, is ARROGANT.

But the sooner people realize that that all it is personal preference and it has nothing to do with the people working on the movie, but it has everything to do with personal taste, I love sushi , just because my wife doesn't doesn't make her weird or stupid, no its her personal opinion and she doesn't call the chef a failure because he also happens to make sushi.
You think I am hard now, just wait and see what the reviews are going to be like. Apparently I am a dumbass according to the critics because I like to go see Transformers movies, and honestly, I don't give a fudge what they think. Maybe you should too.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 PM   #77
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
I didn't interpret it that way, but hey, you're entitled to your opinion (hey, I think Biggs is an idiot but I certainly don't think that the people who like him are). I'm not taking sides, dude - I just don't understand why you get so worked up sometimes.

It just kind of feels like you bite every time someone says something bad about the movie. Why not just ignore the people who hate things like the faces, and just talk to the people who are as into them as you are?
I only get worked up when people Have to back up and argument with belittling others because they disagree with something.

The guy who help create the designs it a member of the forums, she called him an idiot thats rude and arrogant, and this all because she "personally" doesn't like the designs He worked hard to develop,

I have been honestly trying to hold my tongue, Ive been too busy to actually post all that much, heck i dont always agree with you but you handle your argument much better then "I hate this aspect, That guys is an idiot for making this aspect, and it should all be changed"

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #78
pennydreadful
trash

I think that we should all keep calm and cowabunga on.

EDIT: Sam, I get what you're saying, but I look at it this way - sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself about how much you want to get invested in differences of opinion. I'm one of the most easy-going peeps on here but even I have people on my ignore list; not even because I have issues with them as a person but because I've just come to the decision that, at the end of the day, I'm not really interested in knowing what their viewpoints are, or having a discussion with them about it. It's not personal, it's not meant as a snotty/snubbing thing; it's just a matter of doing what you have to do in order to maximize your enjoyment of the forums, and minimize potential conflict.

Last edited by pennydreadful; 06-29-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #79
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I try to. Oh dear, can you imagine this place come August 8th? It might be safer to go over to Superhero hype or IMDb when that date comes.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #80
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
agreed, lol

Sad note say TF today and still no trailer at my local theater

Its starting to tick me off. And i know its the theater specifically cuz the one up the road( 45 mins away) has it showing so its just frustrating i just want to see the gosh durn trailer on my big screen

rant over

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay

Tags
live action films