The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Meh moderation is the key. Same goes for moderation in moderation. Getting drunk a few times a year is unlikely to kill you by the time you're 45. Otherwise most people would die of liver or kidney failure by then. And if ONLY alcohol was the only way to get kidney and liver problems. Oh boy. Sure, don't drink beer... but also better cut on dairy if that worries you so much.

Drinking can be fun and relaxing. I got some quite funny and memorable drunk stories from my early 20s.

I don't care about drugs or tobacco, though. But that's just me. Go ahead and smoke tobacco and pot if that's what you want to do.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
-facepalms- Good God, guys
Quote:
so I think it's you that needs to facepalm yourself! SO THERE!"
But... but you already did?

I mean, if anyone needs to facepalm to not take the thread too seriously, I won't judge.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #43
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I mean, if anyone needs to facepalm to not take the thread too seriously, I won't judge.
Roger that, fair enough....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Now I'm waiting for someone to Napoleon Dynamite up and respond "OH YEAH!? What's so funny about kidney failure! It's not a laughing matter and drinking is bad -stomp's foot- so I think it's you that needs to facepalm yourself! SO THERE!"
To be fair, I find the best and funniest jokes to be those that involve some sort of pain and misery.

So jokes about drunkeness and even people dying because of it admittedly get a laugh out of me, but that doesn't mean that I necessarily want to be involved myself.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #45
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
To be fair, I find the best and funniest jokes to be those that involve some sort of pain and misery.

So jokes about drunkeness and even people dying because of it admittedly get a laugh out of me, but that doesn't mean that I necessarily want to be involved myself.
You know what's funny? Being the only sober person around a bunch of drunk people is actually pretty boring and makes everyone look stupid and annoying in your eyes. That's how I felt when I graduated HS and there was a big party for the graduation students at this nice rural estate with a dinner and also an open bar... and you can just imagine how a bunch of 17-19 year old kids will act when unlimited alcohol is involved, don't you? I wasn't a drinker at the time yet so, unlike 95% of my classmates, I did not touch any booze that night and mostly saw people acting like idiots and throwing up. I guess it was funny for like 5 minutes, but I eventually got bored.

Being around drunk people is only fun if you're also drunk yourself.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #46
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

You, me and 90% of the rest of the world. This is why "America's Funniest Home Videos" made the broadcast picks they made all those years....

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:52 PM   #47
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I know drinking alcohol now and then is not going to kill you and you won’t get drunk if you know when to stop...and anything can be bad if you abuse it.

I never said drinking automatically ruins your body. Just meant since it can cause health problems it’s 1 more reason to avoid it.

I simply do not care for it in general. The taste, feeling or whatever. I’m sure a lot of people don’t drink. Not really surprising.

Smoking is pure garbage. No reason to try it. I don’t even like the smell of secondhand smoke.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:53 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I know drinking alcohol now and then is not going to kill you and you won’t get drunk if you know when to stop
What's so bad about getting drunk once in a while?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:26 PM   #49
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is that a serious question?

Even if I liked alcohol why would I want to go that far? I hate feeling sick and vomiting.

You’d think everyone would feel that way but besides alcohol videos of people doing stuff like eating raw food or whatever for views debunks that.

I don’t mean competitive eating...which I still find gross.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:17 AM   #50
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Well, its not bad to not get drunk ever.

I can't speak from firsthand experience, but being drunk doesn't look like a particularly pleasurable sensation to me, I find soda to be far more appealing personally when it comes to beverages.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-23-2019 at 02:32 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Even if I liked alcohol why would I want to go that far? I hate feeling sick and vomiting.
lol... you can get drunk and not be sick and not vomit.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Thousands of sorority sisters strongly disagree.

Yeah, I've never gotten sick or puked or anything. Ya get tired, maybe a little woozy and stumbling if you've been slugging the White Russians, and a bit of a buzzing headache.

No big deal. Drink at home, relax with a nice book or movie, knock them back with the SigOt. Just don't drink if you're planning to do something creative after...

Smoking I've never considered, but I firmly support anyone's right to smoke. Just not in my house.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah jsut drink enough to get buzzed but not super drunk. I've only gotten drunk a few tiems in the past few years and haven't had a hangover since like 2014. And people say that you can no longer avoid hangovers when you're past 25. It's been the exact opposite in my case . Or it could be because with experience I've learned how to drink properly and control the intake to reach a good enough point, and also because I've put on some weight and am no longer scrawny despite still being thin . Also, I only drink beer, really. And a few beers might get me buzzed and all but they're not gotta knock me out
Old 09-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Yeah, I've never gotten sick or puked or anything. Ya get tired, maybe a little woozy and stumbling if you've been slugging the White Russians, and a bit of a buzzing headache.

No big deal. Drink at home, relax with a nice book or movie, knock them back with the SigOt. Just don't drink if you're planning to do something creative after...
Depends what you drink. Tequila, no... good luck. Now, a "twee" of vodka isn't really inconducive to creativity, I've found.

I got f***ed up in Vegas this July and took many days to recover, but even then I didn't barf. Before that, maybe 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And people say that you can no longer avoid hangovers when you're past 25
Those people don't know what they're talking about.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Depends what you drink. Tequila, no... good luck. A "Twee" of vodka isn't really in inconducive to creativity, I've found.

I got f***ed up in Vegas this July and took many days to recover, but even then I didn't barf. Before that, maybe 10 years.
Rum, usually. Or vodka.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I'm with you. My head in particular, I don't like feeling anything other than normal. (Hell, I hate the gas at the dentist for the exact same reason and refuse to use it.) (edit: Not that I like a sick stomach either, I just haven't experienced it with alcohol since I've only drank very minimally. Though it takes a lot of anything for my stomach to ever decide that enough is enough.)

Among the drinks I've had on a rare occasion, a favorite is Applebee's white peach sangria. (For anyone who likes fruity stuff that actually tastes good... it's awesome. ) But it's a bit big and tends to give me a temporary somewhat "icky" feeling, for lack a of better word, part way in. Maybe that feeling is that buzz that some people like, but I just really don't. I really don't want to waste it, but it's in goblet type glass so it's a bit large, though the last time I had it I learned to ask for a half size in a regular glass which was perfect.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:53 PM   #57
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I don't drink often, but I love a mudslide or a daqueri on occasion. I'm mostly a mixed drink gal, and I usually stop after one or two, though even the few times I've been sh**-faced, I've never really been sick. Puked just once the first time I ever got plastered, but was fine afterwards, without even a headache. Was really more of an upset stomach from mixing a variety of drinks than a hangover, tbh. And have never had any repeats of the problem. Then again, I seem to have a high chemical tolerance anyway. Takes more to affect me than for most people my size. Which- can be an advantage....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I don't drink often, but I love a mudslide or a daqueri on occasion. I'm mostly a mixed drink gal, and I usually stop after one or two, though even the few times I've been sh**-faced, I've never really been sick. Puked just once the first time I ever got plastered, but was fine afterwards, without even a headache. Was really more of an upset stomach from mixing a variety of drinks than a hangover, tbh. And have never had any repeats of the problem. Then again, I seem to have a high chemical tolerance anyway. Takes more to affect me than for most people my size. Which- can be an advantage....
Mudslide? Had to Google that... looks intriguing...
Old 09-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #59
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
That’s true. You might just become really dazed and out of sorts but I still don’t want to feel that way.

Even without alcohol we’ve all experienced feeling crappy for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm with you. My head in particular, I don't like feeling anything other than normal. (Hell, I hate the gas at the dentist for the exact same reason and refuse to use it.) (edit: Not that I like a sick stomach either, I just haven't experienced it with alcohol since I've only drank very minimally. Though it takes a lot of anything for my stomach to ever decide that enough is enough.)
Ya that’s what I mean. Not feeling right sucks and yet some do it on purpose or at least don’t mind it. O_o
Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 AM   #60
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
That’s true. You might just become really dazed and out of sorts but I still don’t want to feel that way.

Even without alcohol we’ve all experienced feeling crappy for some reason.

Ya that’s what I mean. Not feeling right sucks and yet some do it on purpose or at least don’t mind it. O_o
Alcohol doesn't make you feel crappy. It makes you feel good. That's why people drink it.

And, in moderation, one can get a mild buzz without the hangover.

The issue lies in one's self-control and susceptibility to addiction. There's a variety of "drinkers" out there. I've got a friend who can't handle more than two beers, and set a hard limit there. I have a friend who drinks non-stop. No exaggeration. Both have totally different responses to alcohol, too.