The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Does Nickelodeon hate us?
Yes 10 27.03%
No 15 40.54%
I hate them back 12 32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2017, 04:11 PM   #41
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I like how you say you want "to see how bad it is" and that you already know you will abandon it.
Yeah, Nick hasn't given me any reasons to believe this new show'll be any good. After the fiasco that were the PD films and the way the 2012 show turned out, they up and say they want to make a show that's even MORE childish and humor-oriented?

I already know this thing won't be for me.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:39 PM   #42
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The new TMNT series is Nickelodeon's way on cutting corners, by making it 2D instead of 3D, it will bring the cost down in producing the episodes, so they can probably produce more episodes in 2D then they did with 3D.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:43 PM   #43
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
Just wondering, how many of us here in this thread who watch 2012 TMNT will watch next year's show?
If it airs before the end of summer 2018, I'll give it a shot if we more info.

Otherwise, if the information is something I dislike or airs at a bad time, I'm probably going to skip out.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:44 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Nick cartoon was easily the best western cartoon of the 2010's after Young Justice. I wouldn't even say Legend of Korra is as good as Nick TMNT outside of Season 3.

I can't think of any other cartoon from 2010 onward as good as those, except maybe the last season of Samurai Jack if you count it although that was a revived older show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:50 PM   #45
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Nick cartoon was easily the best western cartoon of the 2010's after Young Justice. I wouldn't even say Legend of Korra is as good as Nick TMNT outside of Season 3.

I can't think of any other cartoon from 2010 onward as good as those, except maybe the last season of Samurai Jack if you count it although that was a revived older show.
There are a few.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes prior to its cancellation. Archer is another. Depending on tastes, the likes of Harvey Beaks, Wander Over Yonder, Star Wars Rebels and various Cartoon Network shows such as Regular Show and The Amazing World of Gumball.

All depends on your viewpoint, but the Nickelodeon cartoon isn't what pops into my mind as the best western cartoon. For a TMNT cartoon, maybe. Not so much compared to others.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #46
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The new TMNT series is Nickelodeon's way on cutting corners, by making it 2D instead of 3D, it will bring the cost down in producing the episodes, so they can probably produce more episodes in 2D then they did with 3D.
i'd like to think it's easier to do 3D these days than 2D

Not as many, if any, Classicly trained animation studios around for one. it's all this horrid flash crap.

And I'd also like to think, that beyond initial show setup, you can save money on a CG show over time by reusing elements, so long as you don't have to create too many totally new elements.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #47
joshvox
Random Punk

They are indifferent to us. As several have said, they will make their money off of us anyway with toys and collectibles mostly. They need to get the kids on board to keep the "brand" rolling. I don't know if this is the final design, but it's definitely going to be something like this in my opinion.
joshvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #48
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'll watch it regardless. I wouldn't dismiss a TMNT show that quickly.
For sure. Even if its the sum of all fears, I gotta humor my boys. I can't see myself not following through 100% on ANY iteration of TMNT, no matter what. If I have to spend the duration of it complaining, then that's how it'll be, but I won't miss out.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #49
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Nickelodeon loves what Viacom contractually obliges them to love.
Spoiler:
Money! They probably also love synergy too, but mostly cash!

We'll all die or become financially responsible one of these days, so we're not long term prospects, and from a merch perspective, tweens have already been lost to the demon video games. I think if they want to sell toys these days, they have to aim low.

Having said that, I'll give the new show a shot, asuming that they don't make it too hard for me to access.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #50
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Transformers Prime says Hi. And then it kicks the shell out of those other three shows.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Transformers Prime says Hi. And then it kicks the shell out of those other three shows.
Well I don't follow Transformers so I don't know.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #52
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Couldn't agree more, one of the best shows ever.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #53
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Nick TMNT isn't even the best current nick show, that goes to the Loud House

Last edited by PApagreg; 07-31-2017 at 08:02 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:51 PM   #54
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Transformers prime=overrated
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:54 PM   #55
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Transformers prime=overrated
Hey, but it's better than Animated right?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:15 PM   #56
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I think part of the thread's argument has now been shot in the foot. Not entirely, but to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Oh... Ok. I saw the sneak-peak of the new show. And the Turtles do not look the same as in this picture. Sorry, I can not say more now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
You can not believe me, it's your right. Unfortunately, now I can not say more.
I saw a sneak-peak. TMNT design is very similar to Bay-Turtles. The logo is similar to the one that is drawn here.
Sorry, but that's all I can say for now.
So, that art is a bit fake now for the cartoon design. Not the title, but at least the character design until further notice.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:18 PM   #57
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

What specific people/groups at Nick are you including? 'Cause I'd argue that Ciero Neili & co. care about the fans, though you could call them hired guns.

Cyma Zarghami, on the other hand, I'm not so sure.

It's sad, considering that Nick is producing TV movies of Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, and Invader Zim that are all very much geared towards their hardcore fans. Though these are all passion projects for the original creators, and the online fandoms helped make them happen.

It's funny to consider Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon for a moment. Spike TV (another Viacom network) wanted to make up to John K. for how Nick censored him on the original R&S. So Adult Party Cartoon was his chance to do R&S for adults. But it proved to be very divisive among fans.

So, I kinda wonder if the Adult Party Cartoon debacle has made Nick wary of letting their properties be featured in a more adult-oriented light.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:24 PM   #58
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
So, that art is a bit fake now for the cartoon design. Not the title, but at least the character design until further notice.
Well... I dunno if I'd quite call it fake, per se, if the logo title is in fact the same or quite similar to what's real. I mean, no one is gonna come up with that at random, so then it's real...but maybe the Turtle design just wasn't a final concept yet. I guess only time will tell exactly how different it ended up being. (Though I'm kinda expecting some tweaks rather than being entirely different.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #59
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well... I dunno if I'd quite call it fake, per se, if the logo title is in fact the same or quite similar to what's real. I mean, no one is gonna come up with that at random, so then it's real...but maybe the Turtle design just wasn't a final concept yet. I guess only time will tell exactly how different it ended up being. (Though I'm kinda expecting some tweaks rather than being entirely different.)
Shh, let me pretend it's "fake news" for right now.

The logo I don't like if it's almost the same. Too cartoonish with the damn pizza.

Otherwise, eh. Another few months to see the real stuff. Until then, we at least know it's half and half. If the design is akin to the one we saw, meh.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:24 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

This thread needs to be locked until we see what the 2018 show actually is.

Tags
cferreira, cuck_blade, only_on_thursdays