The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Raven
follower of Jesus

Official Justice League Movie

It's official people.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/300241-300241

Along with this, Zack Snyder will be directing.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Finally! I knew this was coming.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

By the time this movie comes out it'll be like what...2020? Jesus I don't even want to think that far from now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, it'll be cool to see this finally happening.

On the other hand, seems a bit early for a JL movie. With Marvel, it took a few movies before Avengers happen, during that time introducing and building up the characters. But I guess time will tell.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
sdp
-

Well this is no surprise, but I wish they weren't tainting the new Superman movie with all these heroes just to set up the movie. I'm guessing we'll see another "DCCU" movie before JL and after Superman vs Batman though.

I wonder about a few things though, Flash is now a TV show, will he be in the movie or will he be a different version? That would be confusing and suck since they're highly praised so far. What about Green Lantern? I didn't think the movie was too bad but it's too early to reboot GL. The can't just ignore Flash and GL because one has a tv show and the other had a movie that failed.

They could have a different GL(Kyle/Jon/Guy) without rebooting the franchise and just say Hal Jordan is elsewhere keeping the first movie ambiguously in continuity and without having to have a reboot so quickly. It'd be cool if they incorporate Flash from the TV show though, especially since the MCU also has in continuity TV shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
On the other hand, seems a bit early for a JL movie. With Marvel, it took a few movies before Avengers happen, during that time introducing and building up the characters. But I guess time will tell.
That's not entirely true, the ending of Iron Man the first film that Marvel made set up the Avengers movie and after the first Iron Man became a hit they announced Avengers (originally for 2011) along with the other "origin" movies. Sure it had more "movies" but outside of iron Man the other movies came out what a year before Avengers? That's hardly what I call a good set up, they all felt rushed and advertisement for the big movie. DC is doing something similar. We'll probably have atleast one Wonder Woman/Cyborg or Batman movie in between, the JL movie won't come out until 2020.

Edit: and i was right they also announced some DC movies in development, so they're rushing JL as much as Marvel did, in fact they're pretty much copying every blueprint and move Marvel did 6 years ago.

Last edited by sdp; 04-27-2014 at 08:34 PM.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Sure it had more "movies" but outside of iron Man the other movies came out what a year before Avengers? That's hardly what I call a good set up, they all felt rushed and advertisement for the big movie.
Incredible Hulk came out a month or two after Iron Man, champ. They planned well ahead.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Incredible Hulk came out a month or two after Iron Man, champ. They planned well ahead.
They tested the waters with those two movies, only after the first Iron Man became a hit did Marvel Studios go into any real planning mode. In fact the secret ending of iron man was intended only as a gag, and the secret ending of incredible hulk was filmed only after the first Iron Man became a hit. That's not even the point, by "rushed" I mean they just wanted origin movies our as quickly as possible for their big "Avengers" movie and don't forget how many people complained that IM2 was only a big commercial for Avengers. A "nicer" Avengers set up would be after each movie had at least one sequel.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
DonnyMac
Thug

Very excited to hear this. I have faith DC can pull this off. Having JL before solo films can help set up city characters, so we origin films may not be needed before branching off into solo films.
DonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They tested the waters with those two movies, only after the first Iron Man became a hit did Marvel Studios go into any real planning mode. In fact the secret ending of iron man was intended only as a gag, and the secret ending of incredible hulk was filmed only after the first Iron Man became a hit. That's not even the point, by "rushed" I mean they just wanted origin movies our as quickly as possible for their big "Avengers" movie and don't forget how many people complained that IM2 was only a big commercial for Avengers. A "nicer" Avengers set up would be after each movie had at least one sequel.
Making plans after waters have been tested is still planning ahead. But sure, 4 years isn't enough time to plan stuff, I guess. Avengers was such a failure. You would definitely have known better.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #10
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

JK Simmons to play Commissioner Gordon in Justice League

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...simmons-873227
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #11
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Y'know...I can totally see that working. I can dig it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #12
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:

There's some kind of joking reference to be made about him having such a prominent role in a series of Marvel based films and then jumping over to DC, but I can't seem to put together the words for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if this movie will get script re-writers after seeing the reaction to Batman/Superman.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

That is the best casting I heard all year, what a great choice.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Well guys, Justice League: Part 1 is said to start filming on April 11, so I'm sure we will get some news about it in a couple of weeks, like who else is being cast and things like that.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #16
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That is the best casting I heard all year, what a great choice.
I don't see it at all. I also think separating him from J.J.J. is going to be difficult.

Also, when you have Cranston, the textbook definition of Gordon, Why? Oh right, because "Snyders."

They both need to be tossed in the bin.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Looks like Warner Bros might be taking Justice League on a different direction.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/justic...a-very-a137267

Quote:
As for 'Batman v Superman,' those involved weren’t prepared for the critical knives the film received, but they always knew it was going to be a transitional film, bridging the gap between 'Man of Steel' (which was produced with no plan in place to expand the universe) and anything approaching the Avengers/Super Friends mold. But I’m told 'Justice League' will be a crowd-pleaser more suited to Snyder’s talents, and that the upcoming two-part event is 'extremely kinetic and visual.' It will be far more straightforward than existential in its handling of superheroes.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Willem Dafoe cast as a "good guy" in JL. Who knows what a "good guy" even means in a Zack Snyder DC movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...m-dafoe-880889
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Boo. **** him.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote