The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you read the Archie series?
Yes, I've read most/all of it and still own the series 40 67.80%
I read it as a kid, but don't remember most of it 6 10.17%
I only read a handful of issues here and there 5 8.47%
I've never read any of it 8 13.56%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddiverse View Post
Never heard from again in an issue that was printed-- as seen in Coney Island Days (paid for/unpublished Archie story by Milton Knight): http://www.miltonknight.net/cid.html
Woah! I didn't know about that, thanks for the post dude!
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #22
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Do you (or anyone for that matter) have that page? I have the Future Tense trade and I don't remember ever saving that page.

-ms
Wilddiverse has you covered int he post just above yours.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just track down the individual Archie issues, the Future tense book isn't really worth it as its in black and white, missing a page, and is pretty rare.

Mycomicsshop.com still has many old Archie issues available, as does ninjaturtles.com and some other places.

The Archie series deserves to be reprinted. Its hard to believe something as big as the cartoons is becoming rather obscure nowadays.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #24
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I read them all as a kid. I had a subscription, and my mailman used to roll them up to put them in my mailbox. I don't have them all anymore.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

Never heard from again in an issue that was printed-- as seen in Coney Island Days (paid for/unpublished Archie story by Milton Knight): http://www.miltonknight.net/cid.html
I always found it sad how Raph still lost Ninjara despite the warnings from his future self... hell, Future Raph even asked her that when the time came, to give him another chance. Lot of good that did them.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I always found it sad how Raph still lost Ninjara despite the warnings from his future self...
Sadly, knowledge alone cannot change the heart.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Wait, what? There was an unpublished story about Future Raph and Present Raph about Ninjara?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wait, what? There was an unpublished story about Future Raph and Present Raph about Ninjara?
You have my attention, Andrew.

Are you suggesting you've got some inside info?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #29
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I think he might be confusing the scene from the end of the Future Shark Trilogy, where Future-Raph talks to regular Raph and Ninjara about staying together (and they end up splitting anyway).
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I think he might be confusing the scene from the end of the Future Shark Trilogy, where Future-Raph talks to regular Raph and Ninjara about staying together (and they end up splitting anyway).
yes, exactly. And before they left, Future Raph hugged Ninjara and asked her to give them another chance, when the time came. And like I said... alot of good that did, lol.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #31
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Ughhh. The one thing I really didn't like were the two Milton Knight specials. I own them just for completion's sake.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

One thing about the specials I like is they gave Krang and Shredder 2 more appearances. Since some of the early specials were set to take place between #4 and #5....before it went to its own material.

We get to see a less competent Shredder, Krang in his Android body, and the Foot in that special where the Turtles go on vacation to Scotland.

So for anyone who didn't know Krang appeared again after #25....you'd be wrong, even if its a "flashback" story.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
One thing about the specials I like is they gave Krang and Shredder 2 more appearances. Since some of the early specials were set to take place between #4 and #5....before it went to its own material.

We get to see a less competent Shredder, Krang in his Android body, and the Foot in that special where the Turtles go on vacation to Scotland.

So for anyone who didn't know Krang appeared again after #25....you'd be wrong, even if its a "flashback" story.
Yeah, like that caveman story... it was weird that after all the different jazz they went through, they were back to Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady in the Technodrome creating mutants. And the character returned in the main series so that means that story happened...

Old 12-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, like that caveman story... it was weird that after all the different jazz they went through, they were back to Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady in the Technodrome creating mutants. And the character returned in the main series so that means that story happened...
That story was published in the "TMNT meet Archie" special though, I am talking about the 64-page specials that went from #1-11.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The caveman that thawed out of the ice? I could have sworn I originally read that in the TMNT Magazine, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #36
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

The Prehistoric Manmoth story was in TMNT Meet Archie #1, yeah (dunno about the magazine). They did a sequel after the Future Shark Trilogy, then reprinted the original Manmoth story in TMNTA #71 or 72, I think.

Personall, I just slotted that one inbetween TMNTA #4 and 5, chronologically.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest I kinda wish they retconned more "Shredder and Krang" stories prior to #5.

Its kind of shocking when you realize just how little the Archie Turtles actually went up against Shredder and Krang. Only a handful of times really.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be honest I kinda wish they retconned more "Shredder and Krang" stories prior to #5.

Its kind of shocking when you realize just how little the Archie Turtles actually went up against Shredder and Krang. Only a handful of times really.
Even less with Bebop and Rocksteady. While the were with Shredder during the Final Conflict, they were flying around on Footskis, and never actually confronted the Turtles personally. And when they returned from that Edenworld, they went off to free zoo animals while the Turtles were fighting with Slash and Bellybomb. So basically they fought them in the cartoon adaptation issues, and the Leatherhead and Chameleon issues. I don't recall if they actually faced them in the Man Ray issue or not. Even in the caveman issue they just randomly flew in and blasted everything to bits and then flew off, never actually facing the Turtles.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #39
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

There is more or less "infinite potential" for stories to take place between #4 and #5, since there's already a major narrative disconnect between the two (Krang refusing aid to Shredder, Krang suddenlt giving Shredder aid).

Not that we'll ever see stories there, but whatever.

Shredder is kind of a let down in TMNT Adventures. He's more or less at his most competent in The Future Shark Trilogy, but that arc is hardly about him at all (it's about Armaggon... the future shark!). Year of the Turtle is really his primary time to shine.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #40
pannoni1
Foot Elite

I own a run of #1-#50 and have read a few of that batch, and definitely read the mini-series online just to compare to the pilot of the Fred Wolf version. I've also read adoptions of the second and third movies (at least with that, you can understand the story of movie III a bit better, even if it's a watered down Mirage Vol. 1 #42).

But I should spend a weekend re-reading those issues. Since those later issues are more difficult to find, I'll have to keep being content to the earlier issues until I can find them (feel free to post issues #51-#72 on eBay or on the Buying/Selling/Trading forum if anybody has them).

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
archie comics