The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #41
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, 'cause, you know, clothes define your personality.
To an extent it does. You won't see Batman wearing pink.

Turtles wearing all red is just plain and boring. They're all the same lookwise, that's why I normally skip IDW origin story at the beginning until they get their individualized bandana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleGuy View Post
Clothes don't define your personality but your personality can define your clothes.
Sure, try going to town just wearing a thong. Your personality can define your clothes, don't worry.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

Anyway, I don't particularly care about Mirage's red masks. I mean, it looks cool in some art works, but I don't care enough to see them becoming a rule again.

As for the "boring" thing, well it's not really a mater of that. When it comes to kids cartoons, I guess every turtle wearing a mask of the same colour would confuse children. I was 5-6 years old the first time I saw the FW series and, not being an English speaker and all, had trouble telling apart the Turtles at first. And if you talk to "casuals" and older people that haven't seen the Turtles in years or never were big fans they NEVER seem to accurately guess which Turtle is which. So I guess if they all wore red in the mainstream media, people would be even more confused. Even if they gave each Turtle their own skin tonality. Hell, this one time a guy told me this when I asked him "So, who's your favorite Ninja Turtle?": "I can't pick one. they're all the same. Just like Donald Duck's nephews." I sh*t you not
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #43
mrmaczaps
Banned

Well, to each their own. I for one, would love to see them all wear red again. The newer incarnations seem to like a different design for each character anyways and there's also sometimes color coded wraps on their weapons, so it's not like they'd have to abandon the cartoon colors.

Take it a step further, I'd like to see them more often without wearing the masks...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:25 AM   #44
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
To an extent it does. You won't see Batman wearing pink.
This is not an edit

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #45
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Now that you mentioned it.. I just remembered..

I wonder which Batman issue that was from..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:25 AM   #46
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Another reason why Brave and the Bold was awesome! I wish they would have continued that show.

With me being a huge Mirage nut, I'd love to see another version that would have them wear red masks again, whether be a new cartoon, movie, etc.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #47
Donnie
Something from the Past

To me, the red bandannas are the single most over-rated thing in all of TMNT history. There, I said it. All about the colored bandannas.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
To me, the red bandannas are the single most over-rated thing in all of TMNT history. There, I said it. All about the colored bandannas.
I don't see how. If anything, "underrated" as much as they're ignored in 98% of everything TMNT Productâ„¢-related.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #49
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Bebop & Rocksteady are overrated.

Most people don't even know about the red bananas, let alone clamor for their return.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #50
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Well, to each their own. I for one, would love to see them all wear red again. The newer incarnations seem to like a different design for each character anyways and there's also sometimes color coded wraps on their weapons, so it's not like they'd have to abandon the cartoon colors.
May I ask why the all-red masks are so great? I've never understood that.

Quote:
Take it a step further, I'd like to see them more often without wearing the masks...
Maybe.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #51
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for!

I agree, though. It's always a pleasure to see them in a more casual state.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:17 PM   #52
Tartaruhga Muhtante
Foot Soldier

I don't know

Sincerally, i like the coloured bandanas. Gives iddentity to the turtles. REd is cool , but i don't care with the classical color.
Tartaruhga Muhtante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #53
Tartaruhga Muhtante
Foot Soldier

Then now.....

Then now launch me the rocks
Tartaruhga Muhtante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #54
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
They're not there to sell toys to toddlers, for starters.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
They're not there to sell toys to toddlers, for starters.
And that is literally their genesis.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #56
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
I took it to be their clan/team colour, like a uniform. The Mirage characters in particular were raised to carry out their mission, so for that iteration in particular the uniform red colour makes a lot of sense.

Other versions of the characters are more overtly individualistic and in-story were generally raised as ninja for their own protection moreso than a mission of vengeance. That's why I'm generally very cool with the multi-coloured headbands in those cases. It's also excellent visual shorthand for the individual characters, which yeah, absolutely came from marketing toys, but it's also pretty useful for "mainstream" adaptations.

The "all red" being a Mirage thing makes it more special to me, honestly. It's the original, and being a bit unique visually amongst all the other adaptations/variations makes it stand out.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #57
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Bebop & Rocksteady are overrated.

Most people don't even know about the red bananas, let alone clamor for their return.
Most people are morons.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #58
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for!

http://i67.tinypic.com/feqb7n.png

I agree, though. It's always a pleasure to see them in a more casual state.
That's looks pretty awesome actually. Bandanas being different colors to me has always been like that guy, always wearing the same hat or same exact shirt everyday. They're a team, they need to be unified. Wear red. Seriously, if someone can't tell them apart because they can't see their weapons or the bandana color, you got issues. Pay attention to what you are reading. Knowing them comes with reading comprehension. Lol
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #59
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
That's looks pretty awesome actually. Bandanas being different colors to me has always been like that guy, always wearing the same hat or same exact shirt everyday. They're a team, they need to be unified. Wear red.
Well, are the bandanas part of a uniform, or personal clothing? I think that the more unique dressing choices tend to make the characters more interesting to watch than the more uniform ones.

Quote:
Seriously, if someone can't tell them apart because they can't see their weapons or the bandana color, you got issues. Pay attention to what you are reading. Knowing them comes with reading comprehension. Lol
Seriously? I've taken a look at some of the original comics. The Turtles, like the '80s cartoon, look exactly alike. I'm nobody's idiot, and I could't tell which was which, unless they were addressed by name or were holding a weapon. That made me very quickly decide I did not want to read Mirage stuff.

Believe you me, the colored masks area a very useful anti-frustration feature. On top of that, I like the extra color. It makes the comics/cartoons/movies/whatever more interesting to read/view.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #60
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Well, are the bandanas part of a uniform, or personal clothing? I think that the more unique dressing choices tend to make the characters more interesting to watch than the more uniform ones.

Seriously? I've taken a look at some of the original comics. The Turtles, like the '80s cartoon, look exactly alike. I'm nobody's idiot, and I could't tell which was which, unless they were addressed by name or were holding a weapon. That made me very quickly decide I did not want to read Mirage stuff.

Believe you me, the colored masks area a very useful anti-frustration feature. On top of that, I like the extra color. It makes the comics/cartoons/movies/whatever more interesting to read/view.

You obviously don't pay attention to the art very well in context with reading it... it's obvious which one is whigh almost all the time.

But if you like the multiple colors, more power to you. The powers that be obviously think people are too stupid to tell them apart or they would have kept them all wearing red.

Last edited by mrmaczaps; 09-13-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Tags
sharkbladeweirdness, whatcolorareyournostrils?