The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
Jazzfox
Thug

IDW: Transformers meets My Little Pony! Can YOU make a weirder crossover?

My title question stands! Simply because the existence of this comic is a wonderful, ridiculous thing but I don't really know if there IS much room or not to discuss it, considering the shallowness of this crossover is probably about as deep as a Kiddie Pool with a hole in the side

I think honestly my favorite moment is right there on the first page from the preview:
https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/08/04/...issue-1-416456

Beyond that? Ehhhh, it's a little light on substance

But maybe that's all a little mean, as is the advice on page 1 right out of the box, this isn't meant to be the cinematic release of the Summer in comic book form, but just something for fun mayhap

Giving it props, I actually DID enjoy the second half of the book where it looks like this mini series is going to be more like vignettes or anthology style stories rather than one big story and I'm okay with that maybe, just means different mileage depending on who's your favorite pony or your fave Autobot (because, let's face it, they're reeeeeally not gonna give any Decepticons face time, right?)

Just can't wait to see if they work in that tie-in toy!

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/05/15/...-images-411407

So!

Discusss! Laugh, tear it apart, whatever you may!

All I ask, is if you can't think of much else to say on the book, can you come up with a weirder pitch for two comic properties to crossover and what exactly would that look like?

AND did Archie already beat you to the punch with like half the things they had their comics crossover with back in the 90's?

Once again! Discuss!

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I only have two ideas on my noggin at the moment.

Transformers versus Mortal Kombat - Various Kombatants get to fight giant robots on war-ravaged Cybertron, while the Cybertronians want the fight off of their homeworld.

Beast Wars Transformers versus Primal Rage - as dated as both franchises are, both of them do share some common traits.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Jazzfox
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I only have two ideas on my noggin at the moment.

Transformers versus Mortal Kombat - Various Kombatants get to fight giant robots on war-ravaged Cybertron, while the Cybertronians want the fight off of their homeworld.

Beast Wars Transformers versus Primal Rage - as dated as both franchises are, both of them do share some common traits.
One question, would the Mortal Kombat folks be giant sized or normal sized whilst fighting the cybertronians? =O Because that conjures different mental images in my head right there!

Also, not Mortal Kombat, but, just imagining the Street Fighter demolish a car bonus stage and trying to envision one of the Kombat crew going to do the same to a snoozing Bumblebee, lol

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:23 AM   #4
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

^ Absurd idea was absurd, but I wanted to give it a go anyway since the mental image of human-sized fighters performing Fatalities on big robots was just too much.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote