The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #41
Vegita-San
Emperor

you have to admit that only appearing a few times on thursday is a little weird .

but other than that, yeah, there are reasons this thread exists. because mirage purists treat fred wolf like a curse, yet if it was not for this series, tmnt would be dead past issue 15 tops.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #43
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you have to admit that only appearing a few times on thursday is a little weird .
Considering I spend other days on the week going through other fan forums and sites not really. I like my routine.

Quote:
because mirage purists treat fred wolf like a curse, yet if it was not for this series, tmnt would be dead past issue 15 tops.
My feeling on it is if they don't like the series there are other parts of the forum they should be visiting. Why post on a section of the forum you hate?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:26 PM   #44
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
My feeling on it is if they don't like the series there are other parts of the forum they should be visiting. Why post on a section of the forum you hate?
Because, fanboys consider it's their sacred duty to notify everyone and their mother (and their cat and a golden fish), that YOUR opinion is wrong and only their opinion is right. Basically they are like annoying vegan friend.

The funniest thing about this, is even though they act like a little kids who want to **** on everyone, because things don't go their way, at the same time they have a gall to claim some kind of "an intellectual" superiority. It's such fun case of selective blindness, that it is incredibly hilarious to make their jimmies rustled and watch them drop megatons of salt.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #45
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I also want to add that I absolutely agree with what Renae Jacobs said about the four lead actors on the show.

Quote:
You had the most talented, wonderful, creative group of actors in that recording studio; most of them had young children and they really developed those personalities. They were kind of like The Marx Brothers, The Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Burns and Allen and all of those wonderful, fabulous old radio personalities and early movie personalities all rolled up into one. So we would start out a season and they would say “okay, you gotta make it tougher! don’t be so silly!” and we’d start and then it just fell apart and we went back to silly, because that was – it was wonderful and creative and funny. If you really listen to the old series and you listen to the lines, there was something for the little kids and there was something for the adults. That was Rob Paulsen and Barry and Townsend and Cam. Those guys put the heart and soul into those turtles and came up with those personalities.
When those four guys also played other characters like the villains, they were still absolutely fantastic. The show also had other brilliant voice actors like Renae, Peter Reneday, Pat Fraley, Jim Cummings and the late James Avery.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
because mirage purists treat fred wolf like a curse
Don't they do that to any other version?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #47
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Don't they do that to any other version?
true. but this seems more constant and harsher here.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #48
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I also want to add that I absolutely agree with what Renae Jacobs said about the four lead actors on the show.

When those four guys also played other characters like the villains, they were still absolutely fantastic. The show also had other brilliant voice actors like Renae, Peter Reneday, Pat Fraley, Jim Cummings and the late James Avery.
Agreed. The voice acting on the show was also one of its strengths. I also thought the late Tony Jay was great.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #49
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I've had problems with David in the past online due to his political views (he's limited Facebook post access as a result) and constant rudeness towards me. While he may embellish stuff about his involvement in the show he's not totally wrong. Before every Mirage fan here goes nuts on me like before I'll quote what you said in another post from another thread to explain why:

So yeah that answers that.
Yeah, but I'm talkling about stuff like taking credit for giving the Turtles individual personalities, or putting them in the sewers, or putting April in a Jumpsuit. Stuff that clearly existed in the source material.

If he wants to take credit for modeling April after Fujiko from Lupin (which I commend) or the Krang/Shredder dynamic or the whole Dimension X thing, that's one thing (assuming those were his ideas), but to take credit for elements that were in place before he was ever involved is ridiculous!

But, yes anybody adapting a comic into a show so early in it's run would have had to go in their own direction or run out of material to adapt pretty quickly.

They'd put it on this page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ertookTheManga

Anyway, to get back to the "Appreciation" thing. I second what everyone is saying about the voice actors, and I'll also say that Season one holds up pretty well. It even has a bit of that "Mirage grit", as much as an 80s kid's show can have anyway.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #50
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Season one is great alright even though it has its own flaws. It's the most rewatchable of all the seasons. It was ahead of its time, imo.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #51
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My favourite seasons are 1, 3 and 7.

Season 1 is the season that started it all and also has some great animation, done differently from the rest of the series.

Season 3 is the most iconic of all the seasons, establishing the characters as we know them and having many of the funniest and most memorable episodes in the series.

Season 7 is the final season where the show is done in the classic style before the Red Sky seasons and has almost every recurring character make one final appearance.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #52
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

Season 1 is the season that started it all and also has some great animation, done differently from the rest of the series.

Season 3 is the most iconic of all the seasons, establishing the characters as we know them and having many of the funniest and most memorable episodes in the series.

Season 7 is the final season where the show is done in the classic style before the Red Sky seasons and has almost every recurring character make one final appearance.
Good post here.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #53
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I thought Seasons 1-3 were great along with 7. It's just a shame come Season 8 we never saw conclusions to all those recurring characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
The funniest thing about this, is even though they act like a little kids who want to **** on everyone, because things don't go their way, at the same time they have a gall to claim some kind of "an intellectual" superiority. It's such fun case of selective blindness, that it is incredibly hilarious to make their jimmies rustled and watch them drop megatons of salt.
Right on. Splinter as originally being a human is a disgrace, reincarnated Turtles (which is worse) is absolutely fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Yeah, but I'm talkling about stuff like taking credit for giving the Turtles individual personalities, or putting them in the sewers, or putting April in a Jumpsuit. Stuff that clearly existed in the source material.
Going back to your quoted post it was still fairly early days. Yeah the TMNT had personalities but they weren't pronounced enough. Don in the early issues was more a Mr Fix-it with a toolkit rather than a proper genius. Mikey starting with the FW cartoon was more a humorous character. When I first read the Fugitoid arc I couldn't really tell them apart. Wise is wrong to an extent but then again he was adapting the TMNT from the first one or two issues of Volume 1 rather than the first 12 so I can see why he would incorrectly think he created their personalities.

I've read David say a lot of crap on Facebook but with TMNT I cut him some slack because he was treated pretty badly for nine years by the studios and never got much recognition for what he achieved in those years. Writers back then didn't receive the same celebrity status they do now and I guess he quite rightly felt cheated more because he grew to like the show he worked on.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #54
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Agreed. I think season 2 was decent as well, though not as good as the above seasons. Had some of my favourite episodes such as the Eye of Zarath story arc and the ep Enter: The Fly.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #55
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. I think season 2 was decent as well, though not as good as the above seasons. Had some of my favourite episodes such as the Eye of Zarath story arc and the ep Enter: The Fly.
The best season 2 episodes are "Return of the Shredder" and "Return of the Technodrome".
Old 09-07-2017, 04:02 PM   #56
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

My personal favourite season 2 episode is Enter the Fly.

One of the rare case where an episode thats not a series finale has a plot twist that changes the rest of the series.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #57
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The best season 2 episodes are "Return of the Shredder" and "Return of the Technodrome".
"Return of the Shredder" and "Return of the Technodrome" are great eps as well. It seemed like the series could've ended after season 2 by the way its finale was written.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #58
Overlord

Technodrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
"Return of the Technodrome".
Moving Technodrome episodes are great.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #59
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Moving Technodrome episodes are great.
I agree, even the episode where it doesn't accomplish anything (Atlantis Awakes and the Ice Creature Cometh), seeing the technodrome move is always exciting.

Anyone else here a huge fan of the Red Sky seasons?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

I also really like the majority of Season 6, as there seemed to be more of a shift to action again before going all the way in Season 7. Season 5 has some gems too, ignoring the weaker episodes. "The Ice Creature Cometh" is also an ep I like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote