Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
No plans, no.
Ok thank you
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:33 AM   #1582
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Any plans to do your own sorta take on the Ninja Turtle multiverse? I would love to see what'd be like for the IDW team to meet their Archie comics counterparts similar to how the current Nickelodeon TMNT met their 1987 doppelgangers. Peter Laird once even had the notion of crossing the Archie comics reality over with the original black and white Mirage comics at one point, though sadly it never came to fruition.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #1583
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We've talked about it several times, and there was a brief moment where that was the plan instead of Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything.

Ultimately, I feel like Turtles Forever did it really well, as did the current cartoon. I don't see much that we could add. It's an easy marketing ploy, but creatively it seems done to me.

*cut to three years from now when i'm enthusiastically announcing Turtles Forever II: The Comic*
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #1584
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
*cut to three years from now when i'm enthusiastically announcing Turtles Forever II: The Comic*
Hey you never know, man!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #1585
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
We've talked about it several times, and there was a brief moment where that was the plan instead of Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything.

Ultimately, I feel like Turtles Forever did it really well, as did the current cartoon. I don't see much that we could add. It's an easy marketing ploy, but creatively it seems done to me.

That's an understandable explanation! B&RDE was mighty amazing just for being what it was.

But just keep talking with DC to give us Batman '66 meets Classic Toon Ninja Turtles next year!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #1586
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

No want any of these crossovers you guys are bandying about. NO WANT.

Just thought I'd let Bobby know there's two sides to this story...
Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #1587
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No want any of these crossovers you guys are bandying about. NO WANT.

Just thought I'd let Bobby know there's two sides to this story...
Or that the TMNTA or TMNT 1987 are better fit for Batman:TAS. Just an opinion.

Legion of Super Heroes vs Krang would make sense for DC.

There is always having the original Power Rangers team with them but I know its through Boom!
Old 02-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #1588
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Oh but there is, none of those had the Archie Turtles for example An IDW/Mirage/Archie team up would be interesting to see
Old 02-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #1589
neatoman
Emperor

Holy Jebus, lot's of questions here.
Spoiler:
  1. So I guess Slash's emotional problems have nothing to do with the serum, rather it's previous trauma?
  2. How did Hob escape? It wasn't really shown.
  3. What was the creative decision behind having the EPF outsource the soldiers rather than have their own forces like the they did in the 2003 show?
  4. The Lab tanks, vacant or already occupied?
  5. I know Geckos and Hermit Crabs can regenerate but Seymour was basically on life support, should we be more worried about him than anyone else?

Spoiler:
So about Herman's claw, is anyone gonna eat that? I mean that's crab claw, a big crab claw and stuff's expensive, would be a shame to let it go to waste...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #1590
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, everyone has questions about the brutal fallout of today's issue, but can you provide us with an update (or non-update, as the case could be) on reprints for Mirage/Image Volume 3 and Volume 4?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #1591
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Holy Jebus, lot's of questions here.
Spoiler:
  1. So I guess Slash's emotional problems have nothing to do with the serum, rather it's previous trauma?
  2. How did Hob escape? It wasn't really shown.
  3. What was the creative decision behind having the EPF outsource the soldiers rather than have their own forces like the they did in the 2003 show?
  4. The Lab tanks, vacant or already occupied?
  5. I know Geckos and Hermit Crabs can regenerate but Seymour was basically on life support, should we be more worried about him than anyone else?

Spoiler:
So about Herman's claw, is anyone gonna eat that? I mean that's crab claw, a big crab claw and stuff's expensive, would be a shame to let it go to waste...
http://i.imgur.com/JyBeVCO.gif
Spoiler:

1. More or less!
2. Jumped out a window when no one was looking is my guess.
3. I'd be worried about everyone! For what it's worth, it's news to me that Hermit crabs can regrow limbs!
4. Gross, dude.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #1592
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, everyone has questions about the brutal fallout of today's issue, but can you provide us with an update (or non-update, as the case could be) on reprints for Mirage/Image Volume 3 and Volume 4?
We still aim to get to both eventually, though i'm not sure when for Vol. 4. I bet we'll hear something about Image sometime this year.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #1593
CyberCubed
Overlord

In the new issue Michelangelo was reading a Batman comic and said, "It would be cool to have a nice car, and a mansion and butler." Was that an intentional nod to the Batman crossover from last year, or even the current one with the Nick Turtles and animated Batman?

Seems pretty amusing given the light of the recent crossovers.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #1594
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Hey Bobby, I don't know if this was ever asked or not, but are you guys able to use any of the characters from the TMNT Palladium RPG series'?

I'd love to see what you guys could do with guys like Doc Feral, who didn't get much characterization in those books, and see how they'd be implemented in the current canon.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #1595
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'd KILL to be a part of introducing some TMNT RPG characters, I LOVE that stuff!! I've brought the mutant porcupine to Bobby a couple times over the years. I'd love to be involved with Dr. Feral or the Sparrow-Eagles or Caesar and the weasels.

My bet is they're off-limits though, it seems like they would've used the Terror Bears in the Nick show if they could, rather than the Dream Beavers which are obviously a Terror Bears riff.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #1596
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I'd KILL to be a part of introducing some TMNT RPG characters, I LOVE that stuff!! I've brought the mutant porcupine to Bobby a couple times over the years. I'd love to be involved with Dr. Feral or the Sparrow-Eagles or Caesar and the weasels.

My bet is they're off-limits though, it seems like they would've used the Terror Bears in the Nick show if they could, rather than the Dream Beavers which are obviously a Terror Bears riff.
Your art would go wonderfully with those character designs! It'd be a real treat if you got to do just that!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #1597
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In the new issue Michelangelo was reading a Batman comic and said, "It would be cool to have a nice car, and a mansion and butler." Was that an intentional nod to the Batman crossover from last year, or even the current one with the Nick Turtles and animated Batman?

Seems pretty amusing given the light of the recent crossovers.
That's a question for Tom!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #1598
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Hey Bobby, I don't know if this was ever asked or not, but are you guys able to use any of the characters from the TMNT Palladium RPG series'?

I'd love to see what you guys could do with guys like Doc Feral, who didn't get much characterization in those books, and see how they'd be implemented in the current canon.
I'd have to check individual characters, I don't know off hand. I'm ashamedly a bit unfamiliar with the Palladium game.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #1599
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post

Turtles Go Hollywood was probably one of the worst of the RPG books, but it had some odd looking villains too!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:25 PM   #1600
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Depending on how far Ch'rell's relationship with Krang goes (with which I'm trying to force my hopes down), a meetup of their 4Kids-OT counterparts should be extremely interesting.

Just IDW Ch'rell meeting 4Kids Ch'rell would be interesting on its own. A fiercely loyal soldier meeting a self-serviant ruler (wannabe)

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz