The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #21
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, considering some of the new characters we're getting in season 4, I'm guessing that Shredder definitely won't be the main focus, so he'll definitely not be there for some of season four.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #22
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The question should had been how i will defeat the turtles not when will they defeat me because they can not defeat me! I crash then all!! I AM THE SHREDDER!!
How's that extra chromosome working out for ya?
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #23
gibbs615
Random Punk

Well they ARE finally getting used to facing the Shredder ever since their spirit training and that episode when they first went searching for Karai after coming back to the city. So perhaps they WILL eventually!
gibbs615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #24
MartiusR
Random Punk

To be honest, if these rumors about "finishing" with Shredder (probably not definitelly, but I'm not going to speculate) in the end of Season 3 will be real, I would be extremely happy. First - because it's great thing to put into season's finale. I didn't liked the idea with finishing Season 2 with cliffhanger (even if it was logical due to plot twist). Not to mention that finishing season without Kraang (go away and never come back!) - yes, that's something I will definitelly like

And second thing - because most of the Season 3 was so boring for me (almost all these Northampton-episodes were so uninteresting for me, I can't even find adequate words), that I will gladly stop tracking this series after finishing Season 3 with such satisfactory conclusion. Especially after reading about these things which will probably come next (aliens, aliens, damned aliens - didn't liked them in original comic, didn't liked them in 2K3 cartoon, don't think I want to try for the third time to check, if this time it won't disturb me). Well, if not... Knowing me, I'll probably still tracking this thing to see what'll happen next with Shredder, Karai & Foot Clan, even with all these "attractions" in the meanwhile. But have hope for some juicy and good conclusion.

It would be great if this event would be made in some unexpected way. Probably all of us would expect, that the most obvious would be defeating Shredder by Splinter or(and?) Leonardo. So if it will be resolved in some different (and not too trivial) way, it'll be cool. I really would like the idea with Shredder's henchmens leaving him (bit by bit) when they'll see that they're losing. It would great show the difference in "social ties" between turtles&friends and Shredder&henchmens.
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #25
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

honestly im getting tired of watching the turtles getting pounded by almost every enemy. i know they are supposed to be overcome them but they just get pounded everytime. it would be nice to see them have the upper hand one time IMO
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #26
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
honestly im getting tired of watching the turtles getting pounded by almost every enemy. i know they are supposed to be overcome them but they just get pounded everytime. it would be nice to see them have the upper hand one time IMO
YES, this is how I feel exactly. Every time they seem to be defeated and they run away or are interrupted. My wish is that Leo hurts Shredder in some way then tells him he's finished hurting his family. I'd like it if Bebop and Rocksteady help them defeat him after what he did to them. I would think Stockmanfly would help too.

Since it can't be a violent and bloody death, could he be dragged into another dimension by someone, or some thing? That way he's banished, but can come back differently later.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #27
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

To be honest, I am starting to get sick of shredder. Shredder is an awesome villain, but the creators need to move on.

I'd be glad if he could be dealt with by season 4's finale. Him coming back after we thought he was defeated would be a bad idea.
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #28
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
To be honest, I am starting to get sick of shredder. Shredder is an awesome villain, but the creators need to move on.

I'd be glad if he could be dealt with by season 4's finale. Him coming back after we thought he was defeated would be a bad idea.
Then again 90s movie Shredder came back after almost being compacted to death in a garbage truck.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #29
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
YES, this is how I feel exactly. Every time they seem to be defeated and they run away or are interrupted. My wish is that Leo hurts Shredder in some way then tells him he's finished hurting his family. I'd like it if Bebop and Rocksteady help them defeat him after what he did to them. I would think Stockmanfly would help too.

Since it can't be a violent and bloody death, could he be dragged into another dimension by someone, or some thing? That way he's banished, but can come back differently later.
I love the idea of it.
The Turtles go up against adversaries who they overcome all the time. But having one that they really cannot beat? That adds a lot more drama and tension to the story. These Turtles have not beaten Shredder once. Instead, he just kicks the everloving crap out of them. That's why he's the most challenging villain to them, and he's unique because he's human. Now, with that said, when they beat the Shredder, there'd be something powerful about them being able to best him in combat. I mean, think about it? It'd show how far the brothers have come, and it'd show how much they've grown.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #30
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post

That's probably why he's fated to turn into a grotesque blob before they finish him off. They want to have him die, but they also want to avoid the wrath of parents complaining about the Turtles killing humans.

I could always be wrong, but he might not be coming back,as this might be the part where they said "We could finish the story if necessary in three seasons." This might have been the point that they would have killed the Shredder to 'finish' the story if Season 4 wasn't greenlit, and likely wrap up the fates of his henchmen too.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Shredder dies......everyone dies. I'm sorry. How are you gonna have no Shredder, what's that about? I love Shredder, a joke that turned into one of the greatest villains ever. He's nasty and will f*ck you up. It better be some epic turtles-sacrifice-themselves-to-defeat-shredder-once-and-for-all type situation.

...if you must "end" Shredder: I'd like to see him end up in a vegetative/hypnotic state. Brain dead/memory wipe. Unable to be the strong fighter he was and only the tormenting thoughts of the turtles to haunt him til he dies. Maybe he babbles "turtles..." a lot.

Read someone mention him being a prisoner earlier, made that last idea come out of nowhere.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

So who can we blame for the Blob-Shredder?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:50 PM   #33
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I know I'm going to dislike the Blob-Shredder. He won't be as fast as he used to be. (If it is actually Shredder himself who turns into the blob.)

To be honest, I do not think the Blob-Shredder is going to be the real Shredder. I think it'll be a creature created by the Kraang on Shredder's request.

Shredder would be nothing once turned into that thing, he would just be big in size, while his ninjustsu skills would would regress.

I want him to be taken down when he is at his strongest.
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #34
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Shredder dies......everyone dies. I'm sorry. How are you gonna have no Shredder, what's that about?
Mirage had no Shredder past the first issue, so it's possible to evolve the story past him. Besides, if they are killing Shredder soon (and it very much looks like they are) then this allows them to go in their own direction (what we've been begging Nick to do for a while now.) This is uncharted territory, we won't know what to expect.

Plus I doubt the Foot is completely gone. Shredder probably has an appointed heir just in case he kicks the bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So who can we blame for the Blob-Shredder?
It's probably a result of an accident. Fight's going on, something damages the mutagen vat, vat breaks, and mutagen spills. Turtles are able to get out of the way, however Shredder and some of his goons... are not so lucky.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 07-31-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:35 PM   #35
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

@Metalwolf Yeah I know about the Mirage comics, but I mean now at this point in the franchise when he's been so integral in every other iteration. Especially animated. To not have Shredder is absurd to me at this point. One of (if not) the only purely human villains they have.

I do like the idea of a successor though, but not Karai. Shredder nuances but totally different. And the thought of pioneering a new TMNT world without the Shredder is intriguing the way you put it. You've got me pretty torn at this point now.

On another note. I think Karai's mutation should be a gateway to evolve the mutation process. Start introducing some different effects than just turning into whatever you touched. Karai can actually change her form back and forth. Maybe when/if Shredder mutates he can assume the form of any animal, or multiple animals etc. This actually makes more sense in my head than I can actually physically explain. I guess the best way to expain it would be a cross between the way X-Men universe mutant's genetic mutation affects them and TMNT universe mutant's chemical mutation affects them.

....any Shredder "replacement" would have to be like 20x worse though right? I want them to be ninja though still. Or be ninja/shinobi related/skilled.

Last edited by OrokuYoshiFilms; 07-31-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:38 PM   #36
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
@Metalwolf Yeah I know about the Mirage comics, but I mean now at this point in the franchise when he's been so integral in every other iteration. Especially animated. To not have Shredder is absurd to me at this point. One of (if not) the only purely human villains they have.
Well, I don't think he's going to be the only pure human villain that the Turtles will be facing. Some of the heavy rumors going around is that they will be doing an anti-mutant storyline in season 5, I think (I'm guessing Bishop will be coming.) Plus they still have Hun and the Mafia guys running around, plus the Purple Dragons. Minor guys to be sure, but some of these could always trace back towards a bigger baddie leader.

Quote:
I do like the idea of a successor though, but not Karai. Shredder nuances but totally different. And the thought of pioneering a new TMNT world without the Shredder is intriguing the way you put it. You've got me pretty torn at this point now.
Oh yeah. If they do bring on a successor, it could be Oroku Nagi or even Pimiko. Two people we haven't seen in a looong time, but would consider the killing off of their relative grounds for revenge. But a Shredderless future is new, plus it keeps him from becoming stale like the Kraang started to become. The Turtles wouldn't stop growing and learning after Shredder dies, this would be a chance to see what that looks like when they aren't fighting purely for revenge anymore.

Quote:
On another note. I think Karai's mutation should be a gateway to evolve the mutation process. Start introducing some different effects than just turning into whatever you touched. Karai can actually change her form back and forth. Maybe when/if Shredder mutates he can assume the form of any animal, or multiple animals etc. This actually makes more sense in my head than I can actually physically explain. I guess the best way to expain it would be a cross between the way X-Men universe mutant's genetic mutation affects them and TMNT universe mutant's chemical mutation affects them.
Shredder (if he survives) might gain an ability like Mystique, or he turns into a lethal soupy blob that likes to smother people. That would be extra creepy, because potentially he could eat people in that form. As far as Karai, it's possible, but we don't have any clips or screenshots that offer any clue to her fate. She might end up getting demutated however, because people don't seem to be like her being a mutant. She's the only biological offspring Splinter has, and being a mutant seems to mess that up somehow.

Quote:
....any Shredder "replacement" would have to be like 20x worse though right? I want them to be ninja though still. Or be ninja/shinobi related/skilled.
It might be an ancient ninja they encounter, someone that is either a ghoul or semi-immortal like Bishop is said to be in the 2k3 cartoon. Somebody who can do far more damage, and require a lot different tactics to take down. As an example, in the game Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, a few levels had you fighting a bunch of zombie ninjas. You had to use ancient Chinese/Japanese artifacts to kill them, and one of the bosses was an Undead Ninja Master that could do a lot of damage, simply because he was undead and thus the normal 'living' rules no longer applied. They could have somebody like that, since the time travel arc seem to be showing skeletal ghouls walking about (and thus supernatural stuff.)
Old 07-31-2015, 04:50 PM   #37
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Zombie Ninjas: Yeah, yep, yes, and mm-hmm
Old 07-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #38
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Zombie Ninjas: Yeah, yep, yes, and mm-hmm
Sounds like you'd like the game. I haven't played the game in a long time, but it features a lot of different people using lots of ninja-y weapons. One clip I'm watching now is two evil ladies (not zombies) using tessen fans to fight Indy.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #39
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Shredder dies......everyone dies. I'm sorry. How are you gonna have no Shredder, what's that about? I love Shredder, a joke that turned into one of the greatest villains ever. He's nasty and will f*ck you up. It better be some epic turtles-sacrifice-themselves-to-defeat-shredder-once-and-for-all type situation.

...if you must "end" Shredder: I'd like to see him end up in a vegetative/hypnotic state. Brain dead/memory wipe. Unable to be the strong fighter he was and only the tormenting thoughts of the turtles to haunt him til he dies. Maybe he babbles "turtles..." a lot.

Read someone mention him being a prisoner earlier, made that last idea come out of nowhere.
Shredder is not The Joker. As was the case in Mirage, he should be a big threat connected to the vengeance plot, which has an end. Yoshi is avenged, Shredder is bested, that's it. Maybe he comes back in some form down the line for a brief tout, but it's not necessary. TMNT has a huge rogues gallery, realistically speaking, Shredder is HARDLY their biggest threat. He is but a man, one of many resources, though still mortal. There are time bending demons, world conquering aliens, dinosaurs, he can't touch that. I'm glad that he will presumably be beaten for good if not set aside for a considerable period. Savanti, the Triceratons, etc, there are lot a of baddies who deserve their time in the spotline, & I'm glad they're getting it.

As for a post-loss Saki, I'd totally get behind borrowing "Enemy Of My Enemy" from Next Mutation, where we find that Shredder is now just a crazed homeless man who Splinter actually pities & takes home for some food/shelter, giving him some of his humanity back. Criminally underrated episode right there, however poorly acted it may be.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #40
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Even if the shredder gets defeated, the turtles will have other villains to deal with, but even in the comics they find ways to bring the shredder back.