The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #3721
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

True. Mixing mid 70's film with early 90's video isn't going to make for a consistent look, but I assumed even for a cash grab they'd have released something somewhere by now
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #3722
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I'm just saying. Considering the legacy it's created I'm surprised it hasnt gotten an HD makeover, even if it's synthetic upscaling.

It looks like the show was shot on video, which is an awful source but it can still look better than it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
True. Mixing mid 70's film with early 90's video isn't going to make for a consistent look, but I assumed even for a cash grab they'd have released something somewhere by now
The only benefit of MMPR being on Blu-ray is having more episodes on a disc. Thus resulting in a complete set that contains less discs. Shout! Factory, being a North American company, wouldn't be allowed to even put it on Blu-ray for that reason alone. They'd be required to improve the picture and sound quality of the episodes as well, although that rule doesn't seem to apply to non-North American studios.

As for cash grabs, I guess not even Shout! Factory is that greedy. As of March 27th, they'd have released RPM, which is the last PR season to which they have the distribution rights. They've already released Green with Evil on DVD, and a Best of Blue DVD consisting of six MMPR episodes that feature Billy. So things like that are about the only PR-related cash grabs I can see Shout! Factory producing, once they've released that one last season individually.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #3723
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The only benefit of MMPR being on Blu-ray is having more episodes on a disc. Thus resulting in a complete set that contains less discs. Shout! Factory, being a North American company, wouldn't be allowed to even put it on Blu-ray for that reason alone. They'd bes" required to improve the picture and sound quality of the episodes as well, although that rule doesn't seem to apply to non-North American studios.
Why is that? So dumb, I read in another place it's part of the license agreement so that people would realize Blu-Ray meant higher quality? But now that Blu-Ray is over a decade old they should let those releases happen.

The only way I'm ever buying tv shows on physical media again is if I can get old complete SD shows in one Blu-ray. I'd totally buy a "All of MMPR on 2 BR discs" or "Complete PRs collection on on 5 BR". Or heck why use BR, 4k Bluray is essentially a new format just re-using the Blu-Ray name to trick people into thinking it's not a new format and they go along with it and not feeling burned when having to rebuy all their movies for a fourth time. But yeah I think all seasons MMPR-RPM would likely fit in one 4K blu-ray and likely an entire season of HD PRs in one 4K BR.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #3724
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This video is almost a year old, but since all discussion of the MMPR fanfilm is banned from Rangerboard and most PR fan communities, I was never aware of this tell-all video on it's troubled production until today. Give it a go
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #3725
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Why is that? So dumb, I read in another place it's part of the license agreement so that people would realize Blu-Ray meant higher quality? But now that Blu-Ray is over a decade old they should let those releases happen.
Blu-ray was mentioned in the agreement, but there are probably conditions to that. Unless they'd be trying to improve the picture quality somehow, they won't be putting PR out on Blu-ray any time soon. They even talk about it in a discussion in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/BWard028/status/422067407381741568

Plus again, the episodes most likely aren't suitable for Blu-ray. Mill Creek was going to put He-Man on Blu-ray too, but then decided the masters they had for the episodes weren't suitable for Blu-ray. Media Blasters was also going to put Voltron: Fleet of Doom on Blu-ray, but then the plans were cancelled, and probably for the same reason.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #3726
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The first clip from the season premiere of Super Ninja Steel

Old 01-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #3727
Allio
Foot Elite

I want to say how bad this is but I feel like that’s supposed to be the new average
Old 01-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #3728
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The titles of the first five Super Ninja Steel episodes.

1. Echoes of Evil
2. Moment of Truth
3. Tough Love
4. Making Waves
5. Game Plan

Descriptions can be seen in this link.
https://thepowerscoopblog.wordpress....ode-summaries/

As for the upcoming GogoFive DVD release, Shout! Factory is now offering it two weeks early to those who preorder from them. It's also currently the best seller in foreign films on Amazon. Gingaman was too at some point as well.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:50 AM   #3729
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently we're getting some kind of announcement later today

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...85481745969159
Old 01-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #3730
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There will not be a PR booth at this year's Toy Fair

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/01/2...edium=facebook

Celebrating 25 glorious years in style I see
Old 01-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #3731
ZariusTwo
Overlord

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...42585375305733

The announcement was announcing a retro line that came out ages ago

Old 01-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #3732
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Confirmed today is that Ninja Steel takes place in a dimension separate from Dino Charge.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #3733
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Confirmed today is that Ninja Steel takes place in a dimension separate from Dino Charge.
How do they confirm it in the show? Was there a crossover?

So, I guess going forward all PR seasons will take place in different dimensions a la super sentai? ugh.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:23 AM   #3734
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How do they confirm it in the show? Was there a crossover?.
Sledge from Dino Charge came through the wormhole he was sucked into at the end of that series and found himself in the Ninja Steel dimension. He repaired the Galaxy Warriors ship for Madam Odius and was "rewarded" with the Ninja SuperSteel asteroid...or so he thinks (he was duped)
Old 01-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #3735
Storm Eagle
Saved by

A clip from "Moment of Truth".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifl5t_j07aQ
Old 01-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #3736
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Are any of the original six slated to do anything in Ninja Steel season B?
Old 01-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #3737
Allio
Foot Elite

I think the only one seen in new zealand reportedly is JDF

I'd make a joke about Trini but I'mma slam on the breaks for that one.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:36 PM   #3738
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I think the only one seen in new zealand reportedly is JDF

I'd make a joke about Trini but I'mma slam on the breaks for that one.
Please, please edit out that line. I am well aware of her sudden passing, even if I learned seven years late. It was the spark that made me completely ignore MMPR fandom to opening the nostalgic door.

Its nice to see JDF always willing. Green Ranger? An explaination as to how he can morph into it and go between identities? I was hoping another one of the four might. Ah, well. I understand and respect why.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #3739
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its nice to see JDF always willing. Green Ranger? An explaination as to how he can morph into it and go between identities? I was hoping another one of the four might. Ah, well. I understand and respect why.
JDF would probably be the Green Ranger in the anniversary special again. He has said that he prefers Tommy as the Green Ranger anyway. The Green Ranger powers expired, but he doesn't seem to care about that.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:31 PM   #3740
sdp
-

We've seen him return as Green and Red, it's time for him to return as White or Black. I can see them forcing him to change to white since it's also iconic, maybe even more than Green to keep things fresh. Sadly I don't see them ever having Tommy use the black powers again or red turbo.

For me I prefer Tommy as green but I'd rather see him change suits for each return, it's more fun.

Also here is a post I accidentally made in the wrestling thread for those who didn't read it, it's about my disappointment that Dino Charge is another univrse:

Spoiler:
That sucks, what I always liked about Power Rangers was that everything took place on the same earth. RPM could've been set in the real earth as well but they got lazy. Now they're doing it again and I'm guessing they'll continue to do it. because it's just easier to start a story without baggage and they don't have to worry about crossovers since they never explain sh-t and "oh he came through a wormhole or whatever".

It seems every new season more an more things I liked about Power Rangers are just no longer part of the franchise. This ranges from interesting seasons, to continuity etc.

Tags
power rangers