The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 06:39 AM   #161
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocapete View Post
Do you guys still see the movie van anywhere? Gone here in the us :/. I could hook some people up with bb and rs for the van. Live in Wisconsin so I'm pretty close anyway
I think the last time I remember seeing the movie van was a couple months ago at Target when they were on clearance due to the stores all closing in Canada...but have not since noticed any...although I havnt actually been looking because I havn't spent a dime on anything related to that "film" since I basically flushed $20 down the toilet for 2 tickets on opening weekend.

Will keep closer tabs on movie related items in the future, if people are looking for them.

As for B&R they will eventually be swinging on pegs, its merely a game of patience.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #162
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Was at the GTA Comic Con (though I don't know why they call it a "comic" con when its more a toy show) in Burlington this weekend. Scoured the two original shampoo statues, a chief Leo no accessories, ChromeDome 1 accessory and a complete deep see Leo all for under $20. I have never seen Chief Leo before and got him as a funny addition for a buddy, and have never seen Deep Sea Leo. Is he rare? I know nothing about him. He looks great though with the octopus around his neck.
And yes as Canadians we need to practice extreme patience for new figures.
Still can't understand what takes so long
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #163
Crocapete
Random Punk

It is crappy that it takes so long but you guys get some neat stuff we don't! Transformers and TMNT. Only place we get the tmnt classics is at TRU and most don't carry them. You guys have them at walmart!! When I was there for TFCON last year it was was amazing, so much cleaner and neater there!! Wish I lived in Canada instead!( hope I don't get railed for this)
Crocapete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #164
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

I'm only throwing this out there as a hypothesis but I think we end up waiting longer for these reasons:

A) Playmates is distributed in Canada by spin master toys.

B) We are getting bilingual packaging.

So I see the problem as a licensing/printing delay...could very well be wrong about that though.

We could all start calling Spin Master's customer service line and asking "where are our toys?!?!?"

Bottom line, we wait longer but when we finally get the newest waves they are restocked in stores for 6+ months so we never have to hunt that hard. Sucks to wait, but at least we aren't dealing with scalpers...at least not for TMNT figures.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #165
Shedder
Hench Mutant

^^^^ This is true
But in the time that it takes to get up here things get canceled and then we never get to see them such as the different colored ooze or retro krang and footsoldier or even the classics movie stars
And dealing with spinmasters customer support was not pleasant like dealing with playmates. All you get from spinmaster is an automated response that does not answer any of your questions
Rant ended lol

Oh and Crocapete, come on up and join us. Just bring me some packer swag on your way up. life long Packers fan Go Pack Go
Old 04-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #166
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Contacting Spin Masters customer service is a waste of time. Last time they said that since playmates makes the toys ask them we just distribute them.

Here is the actual response:

We re excited to hear back from you! Generally fall is when new released will be out. However, since we are the distributor of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to get a more definite answer of when and which characters will be released, we recommend you contact Playmates.

Sincerely,
Amanda

Spin Master Customer Care
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #167
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

I held off buying the TMNT 1990 movie figures to find them locally or when I went to the US last time. I placed an order from a Canadian Toy Shop in online last week for them. $126 or so with shipping and Tax's which isn't to bad considering how bad our dollar has been recently. Almost ordered them to the boarder as BBTS wont ship to Canada but the difference in price wasn't much so it will be more convenient to have them shipped to me
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #168
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianke_2002 View Post
does anyone know if in Ontario you can get Mutagen Leo and LMutagen Mike (minimates)? Not you personally, just if it is possible. Would like to complete my minimates collection.
Think I may have your answer, but I doubt you will be able to find them in store...at least not Mikey.

-Minimates mutagen Leo comes in a 2 pack that is a Toys R Us exclusive, not sure TRU stocks any TMNT minimates in Canada, but if they do this is where you will find Leo (hopefully). I will keep my eyes open for you when I'm in a TRU.

-Minimates mutagen Mikey is a K-Mart exclusive and K-Mart hasn't been in Canada for over 20 years, so you are S.O.L finding him here without the use of eBay or similar sites.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #169
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
LOL you must be a tourist. As much as I like that shop, I hate it just as much.

If you lived close by and visited frequently you would get a bad taste in your mouth. They are the kind of store that charges scalper prices on some newer items that they deem "hard to find"...when in reality I can walk into another shop flip through their previews guide and say "order me this", and then end up paying $15-$20 less than I would have at the snail.
rofl! yes and no, i lived in TO for a year from 07-08 and frequented Silver Snail more often then i should have so i know all about that

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:57 AM   #170
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
Think I may have your answer, but I doubt you will be able to find them in store...at least not Mikey.

-Minimates mutagen Leo comes in a 2 pack that is a Toys R Us exclusive, not sure TRU stocks any TMNT minimates in Canada, but if they do this is where you will find Leo (hopefully). I will keep my eyes open for you when I'm in a TRU.

-Minimates mutagen Mikey is a K-Mart exclusive and K-Mart hasn't been in Canada for over 20 years, so you are S.O.L finding him here without the use of eBay or similar sites.
If you could do that, that would be most helpful! Also, FWIW, I live in Southern Ontario in Brantford and up until about 3-4 years ago we had a K-Mart in this town so I'm not sure about that....

Edit: Nevermind. Thinking about the store...it was a Zellers that went out of business....not K-Mart. My apologies.

Last edited by ianke_2002; 04-16-2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: made a mistake
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:58 AM   #171
croaker
Random Punk

Finally found one of the RPG turtles.

Oddly enough the walmart had 4 Raph as barbarian, 2 multi armed foot and lots of the comic turtles, but none of the rest of the RPG ones.
croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #172
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Congrats Croaker. Where are you from as I saw all 4 at the Walmart near me last week
Donnie seems to be the hardest to find at this point. I'm not interested in any of them but have only seen him once

Also I posted this link in the other thread but this is a Canadian company (cheaper shipping...finally a plus) and is a fun way to help pose your loose figures
I have a couple for my set ups
http://toyhax.com/mainmenu/index.php...oller=category
Met Aaron the owner at a show. The stuff looks great
Old 04-16-2015, 10:28 AM   #173
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Congrats Croaker. Where are you from as I saw all 4 at the Walmart near me last week
Donnie seems to be the hardest to find at this point. I'm not interested in any of them but have only seen him once

Also I posted this link in the other thread but this is a Canadian company (cheaper shipping...finally a plus) and is a fun way to help pose your loose figures
Wow, those are sweet! Once I get settled into my new place, these will be a must buy. Very cool.

Thanks for the heads up, Shedder.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #174
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:

so totally cool.

i'd love a backdrop sometime of a portal with like Dimension-X inside it, so i could pose my Technodrome looking like it's coming through the portal ala "Return of the Technodrome"

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #175
croaker
Random Punk

Quote:
I'm in Cambridge, but the one I did find was in Hamilton (Ontario)
Old 04-21-2015, 01:06 PM   #176
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier

Was out at the Toys R Us and Walmart by my work today (Richmond Hill: Hwy 7 and High Tech).

TRU had the full wave of 1988 Classics. Multiples of each excect Mikey (3xDon, 2xRaph, 2x Leo, 5-6x each Splinter and Shredder).

Walmart had all 4 Larp Turltes, as well as 3/4 comic version (no Don). They also had a couple Tiger Claw, Casey Jones, Kirby Bat, Robotic Foot and Slash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tru.jpg (62.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg wm.jpg (57.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-22-2015, 09:31 PM   #177
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

nice dude, that's cool

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #178
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

I was doing my routine checks last evening and if any of you are still looking for the LARP TMNT, Robotic Foot Soldier, Dojo Splinter or Tiger Claw, they're all on http://www.toysrus.ca

There's a deal on that while they're $10.99 each, if you purchase 2 (to a max of 6), they're $6.64 (before HST)... And if your total reaches $50 or more for free shipping, use promo code 'cineplexfeb' for an additional $10 off (and thank me later. )

They also had the Classic collection in stock... no Krang or Foot though. I generally get all of my figures from the US these days but I still check locally... glad to see Canada FINALLY receiving these. Spin Master is a terrible distributor.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #179
croaker
Random Punk

Thanks for the heads up, but the only new ones I can see there are dojo splinter and tigewr claw. Have the others disappeared?
Old 04-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #180
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by croaker View Post
Thanks for the heads up, but the only new ones I can see there are dojo splinter and tigewr claw. Have the others disappeared?
Search 'LARP'... they were in stock as of 8am.

Edit: CLICK HERE