The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #241
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I sold my set minus the pieces exclusive to SDCC for $200 shipped this past week and pre-sold six GameStop versions already. I have several more deals pending on eBay and Facebook.
Nice. Not sure why you’re quoting me for this, but keep it up.
AquaParade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #242
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

You keep saying "he got what he deserved" but what I keep getting is the last laugh.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #243
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You keep saying "he got what he deserved" but what I keep getting is the last laugh.
Look, I know that's the impression you want to give off - that none of this affected you negatively. Sure, that's fine.

At this point, all I can say is good on you for helping out overseas buyers, and it's too bad you had to miss out on future sales here by making a dork of yourself. As much as you sell now, you could have surely sold more to members here had you not acted out.

Now, if you want to come in here and brag to us about how much money you're making, in general, with your business, that's another discussion. I'm not one to compare paychecks and pay wages with others, because it feels sort of tacky to me, but you do you.
I have a "friend" who is always talking/lying about how much he makes and it reeks of desperation. Really tacky topic of discussion, and you find it typically comes from those who don't actually make much money but desire it as a status symbol.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................

As for the topic:
How many sets/figures is everyone buying? Normally, I'd feel silly admitting that I'm buying two of each turtle (one to display, one to keep in package), but I tend to be a bit of a minimalist with my collecting, so I'm letting myself splurge a little here. Essentially, just for having the comfort of knowing I have a backup, should anything happen to one of the figures. Talk about overly attached. And we haven't even met yet.

As for the future: I'd def love to see Shredder in the smaller scale and I'd certainly buy a Casey Jones as well. After that, I'm ready for Neca to move onto another TMNT line. I'm not sure if that puts me in the minority, and I'm also not sure if that's even something that's possible. I'm pretty sure Neca expressed in the past that the movie line has the right type of nostalgia and demand, whereas other TMNT lines may not have that fanbase, but given how well these are selling, they have to be considering some other TMNT figures.

What would you guys and girls like to see?

I'm dying for another Comic book line from Neca. Volume 1-4 Mirage/Image or IDW. I tend to hope for more off-the-wall, niche TMNT figures that have little to zero chance of being made.

For instance, I'd love to see Image figures over almost anything else at this point. City at War figures, based heavily on Lawson's art would also be up there in my most-wanted list.

But you know what I'd take over both of those? A two-pack of Raphael and Casey from "BodyCount". And I don't even really like that book, but hear me out on the potential for this:

- Unique Bisley design could lead to a TMNT figure unlike any other
- Awesome two-figure packaging, plastered with Bisley and Eastman art
- Pouches, pouches, pouches, swords, guns, and grenades - I love when figures have sheaths, pouches, and other functional ways to attach the figures accessories. These figures would look "over-the-top" in a great way.
- You don't have to read it

No, it's not likely, but these are the types of things I hope for.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-10-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #244
AquaParade
Big Boss

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syf...les-toys%3Famp

For anyone else who missed this article when it was originally posted in late September. A few interesting tidbits in there, regarding the production of these figures.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:01 AM   #245
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant

Thanks for that article. It's good to know that Shredder and the Foot are planned.

To answer your question, I am buying one set for now but I am hoping that at some point Gamestop will offer a sale (similar to Black Friday) where it's either 25% off or BOGO 50% off. I don't often shop Gamestop so I don't know if that is a realistic hope or not? But if I can get a second set at a discount of some type, then I would love to have that happen.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #246
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
As long as we're talking about lines we'd like to see, a line of Neca IDW figs would be awesome. Hob, Koya, Sally, Bludgeon, and Baxter, off the top of my head. Slash, Leatherhead, Mondo, Ray, Karai, and Casey to round it out. And the turtles/Splinter, of course.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #247
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Well... refreshing to see when I venture back to the thread we are still going back and fourth with Latin Kings...

I think it's safe to say nobody gives a flying crap what you recently scalped something for... like is this all you live for is coming to this board and gloating about your the latest person you ripped off? I wonder how many of those sales are gonna wise up and end up as a Paypal dispute?

But seriously, enough all ready. Can we please get back on freaking topic please?

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #248
Will not be censored

I haven't had an eBay dispute in a long time. You deal with a higher class of person when you are selling action figures in the $50 to $100 price range.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 01-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #249
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

*looking at my Mezco One:12 figures* yes, I am high class
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:09 PM   #250
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Well... refreshing to see when I venture back to the thread we are still going back and fourth with Latin Kings...

I think it's safe to say nobody gives a flying crap what you recently scalped something for... like is this all you live for is coming to this board and gloating about your the latest person you ripped off? I wonder how many of those sales are gonna wise up and end up as a Paypal dispute?

But seriously, enough all ready. Can we please get back on freaking topic please?
You’ve got to stop saying his name. He’s like beetlejuice but far less entertaining.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #251
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

Anyone here know of a firm date for these? The Gamestop guys were saying originally January, now they’re saying February. From experience, I know it’s hard for them to know for sure on figure’s release dates. Just wondered if any of my fellow shellheads here knew anything more?
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #252
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Anyone here know of a firm date for these? The Gamestop guys were saying originally January, now they’re saying February. From experience, I know it’s hard for them to know for sure on figure’s release dates. Just wondered if any of my fellow shellheads here knew anything more?
Came here for this, and got pages of he who shall not be named instead.
Email: SuperChadMonkey@SpaceMonkeyToys.com
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #253
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Release date is February 6th. that is what it says on gamestop's website

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:18 PM   #254
inaheap
Stone Warrior

I'm having my doubts about the 6th. These aren't even on NECA's shipping calendar yet. I really do want to be wrong though.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #255
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

The game stop tmnt are sold from china now on eBay.155$ plus 15$ In shipping fore the set.looks like latino got some competision helping people oversea.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #256
Will not be censored

I sold a stupid number of these already.
Quote:

Old 01-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #257
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Same here. Was a little nervous to ask because I thought someone might just yell at me for not finding the answer myself ten pages back. But when I tried that and saw that the tread mainly consisted of trolling and other such nonsense, I figured it would be okay to try asking.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #258
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
February 6th is the in store drop date.
Quote:

Old 01-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #259
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

This would be awesome, and probably easier to get being target and not GameStop

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs2P_Uqn...d=1nzc35s3y08t
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #260
Browne762
Random Punk

Sounds like the 2017 SDCC set split up into four 2 packs. That's cool for people that don't have them, but sounds like I wasted money getting them from NECA directly just like the 2018 set which is now cheaper at GameStop.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote