The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #121
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

My need for these is rising more and more... Really wish they where 1/12 scale rather then 1/6 though.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #122
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I was ready to pass on these because I'm not a big fan of the scale, but mostly because of the expected price point, considering how I dropped big money on The First Turtle very recently. I gotta admit that looking at all those pictures is making me hesitant, but Mondo should probably consider giving more time in between releases. If rumors are correct, there's no way I could afford $150 a month, plus shipping to Spain, for four months straight.

I wonder if they have the rights to make those same sculptures into 1/12 figures or Playmates is stoping them from doing so.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #123
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
I was ready to pass on these because I'm not a big fan of the scale, but mostly because of the expected price point, considering how I dropped big money on The First Turtle very recently. I gotta admit that looking at all those pictures is making me hesitant, but Mondo should probably consider giving more time in between releases. If rumors are correct, there's no way I could afford $150 a month, plus shipping to Spain, for four months straight.

I wonder if they have the rights to make those same sculptures into 1/12 figures or Playmates is stoping them from doing so.
I was curious if Playmates stopped production on their classics line to allow Mondo to produce these....just my opinion.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #124
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
I was curious if Playmates stopped production on their classics line to allow Mondo to produce these....just my opinion.
Hardly. Playmates is preventing them from doing them in a normal scale. Why do you think we only get mini-figs & big ass things like this?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #125
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Hardly. Playmates is preventing them from doing them in a normal scale. Why do you think we only get mini-figs & big ass things like this?
Do you have any information or basis to support that assertion? Given NECA was able to produce 6" scale figure, just not sell them via mass market retailers such as Toys R Us, I don't know any reason to assume that has changed now.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #126
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's easy to muse that there is such a mandate from Playmates, since NECA was originally going to release the Turtles in regular stores until Playmates butted in.

It explains why only Kaiyodo and Bandai have so far made figures in the 6 inch scale, while the other companies have only made figures in others sizes
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #127
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Do we know any information on Playmates contract? Why have they been able to keep it all these years? How are the sales now? Are they still as high as they were when the first wave appeared? I long for the day Playmates loses the license.

These figures are amazing and I'd pay $100+ for them since they're the only TMNT figures I'd ever need to own..if only they were a smaller scale

Last edited by sdp; 07-09-2015 at 02:32 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #128
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

The head sculpts on Raph, Don and Mike are very similar to the NECA ones, I like the Leo the best at this point maybe it looks a little more Laird like... I also agree with the paint particularly on Raph being to bright 3 of them almost look like up scaled NECA figures. The shells being the only thing that stands out as being significantly different.

Depending on price which I just read could be $150 that could be over $200 CAD shipped I might just skip these as I did with the Side Show Statues. http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2015...show-this-year
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #129
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I'm struggling with the concept of why in the world people want these in 1/12 scale instead of 1/6. I'm super happy we are getting 1/6 scale; welcome to the big leagues.

All we usually ever get is 1/12 scale tmnt. For 1/6 scale collectors, it's finally time we get this size of turtle!
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #130
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It's easy to muse that there is such a mandate from Playmates, since NECA was originally going to release the Turtles in regular stores until Playmates butted in.

It explains why only Kaiyodo and Bandai have so far made figures in the 6 inch scale, while the other companies have only made figures in others sizes
It's easy to make that assumption. But Viacom seems to be very interested in selling the license to as many companies as possible. So I doubt that they are going to accept a "mandate" from any license holder unless their license specifically grants them that right. And we know that Playmates' license doesn't, or at least it didn't in 2009. Meanwhile both Loyal Subjects and Kidrobot produced figures in a similar size and Diamond is producing TMNT Minimates which are essentially smaller action figures and they are selling them at Toys R Us. So there seems to be a lot more complexity to the licensing than we understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
I'm struggling with the concept of why in the world people want these in 1/12 scale instead of 1/6. I'm super happy we are getting 1/6 scale; welcome to the big leagues.

All we usually ever get is 1/12 scale tmnt. For 1/6 scale collectors, it's finally time we get this size of turtle!
I think part of the reason for it is that the style is more in keeping with 6" figures rather than 12" ones. (solid sculpts, no clothing/outfits) The 2014 movie designs really lend themselves to 1/6th scale figures with soft goods outfits like ThreeZero is producing. My first reaction looking at these is that they look like the 2-up prototypes for a 1/12th scale figure.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys

Last edited by tmntman; 07-09-2015 at 05:41 PM.
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #131
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I'm seriously contemplating on selling off a good portion of my collection and using the money to buy the Mondo figures. This is the ultimate line in my eyes. A high end collectible Mirage inspired line that has a great chance of featuring more than just the turtles themselves. I will most likely kick myself if I don't buy them now and they have an outrageous price tag in the future similar to the NECA figures.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:57 PM   #132
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopinacoladas View Post
The head sculpts on Raph, Don and Mike are very similar to the NECA ones, I like the Leo the best at this point maybe it looks a little more Laird like... I also agree with the paint particularly on Raph being to bright 3 of them almost look like up scaled NECA figures. The shells being the only thing that stands out as being significantly different.

Depending on price which I just read could be $150 that could be over $200 CAD shipped I might just skip these as I did with the Side Show Statues. http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2015...show-this-year
Ouch! Me wallet just cried and died a little

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:16 AM   #133
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Ouch! Me wallet just cried and died a little
me too im gonna be broke and living on Ramen for a while lol
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:38 AM   #134
Redemption
Stone Warrior

So since Sideshow and mondo both will be selling these does anyone know if there will be an exclusive on the mondo site like they did for the first turtle figure?
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:23 AM   #135
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Here's a short video of, first, the Threezero Eastman inspired turtles and then after that the Mondo figures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgMyRSBBqGY
Old 07-10-2015, 05:12 AM   #136
Filespit
Hench Mutant

These look amazing and I'll pay whatever they'll cost to get them. I'll be happy to pay $150 now rather than the double two years from now, should they explode in value like the Sideshow/Playmates statues.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:24 AM   #137
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
So since Sideshow and mondo both will be selling these does anyone know if there will be an exclusive on the mondo site like they did for the first turtle figure?
With them being produced by Mondo I see exclusive versions being offered there and all regular editions on Sideshow or elsewhere.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #138
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Size and price, basically. Not everyone has enough space to display or store these, and if these are $150, that's at least 5 times the price of a premium 6" scale figure. I get that they're luxury items and not everyone will be able to afford them, but it does put up a huge barrier for a lot of fans. They look great, but honestly, the NECA figures look very similar in appearance and seem to offer about the same amount of articulation, so I can see the appeal of these being mainly people who don't already have those or prefer the larger scale.

Last edited by Bry; 07-10-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #139
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
Here's a short video of, first, the Threezero Eastman inspired turtles and then after that the Mondo figures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgMyRSBBqGY
call me clueless, but who or what is the yellow guy with purple dots all over him from the video?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #140
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
call me clueless, but who or what is the yellow guy with purple dots all over him from the video?
It's a Little Orphan Alien, seen in Mirage's Michelangelo Micro back in 1985.

Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt