The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #1
Coro
Mad Scientist

Heat Boys HB0012 Leonardo

uhhhhhh....what is this?!?!

This looks amazing! But that price!

Anyone know anything about this company? Even BBTS wants a down payment.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/220253

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:37 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

That is the epitome of something I do not need.

But I want it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:15 PM   #3
tmntman
Mad Scientist

They have been showing off the prototypes for a full series of these at overseas shows for close to a year. They have plans for the four turtles and Shredder.

And recently they showed off a transforming party wagon.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 05:02 PM   #4
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
They have been showing off the prototypes for a full series of these at overseas shows for close to a year. They have plans for the four turtles and Shredder.

Those drawings look cool, but the BBTS images are of an actual item. The links you posted also make it look like Leo is a transformer, vs this one is just a figure?

Old 09-23-2022, 05:05 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That is the epitome of something I do not need.

But I want it.
I love stuff like this because.... I literally have no interest in it. They even did this entire line of "armored-after-Iron Man Marvel characters" which you'd imagine I'd go apeshit for.

And I was pleased as punch because that nonsense is a clear pass for me. Purist.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Those drawings look cool, but the BBTS images are of an actual item. The links you posted also make it look like Leo is a transformer, vs this one is just a figure?
The link I posted IS for a transforming Leo. He was announced more recently where the Mech Turtles and Shredder have been shown at conventions since this spring.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:36 AM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I love stuff like this because.... I literally have no interest in it. They even did this entire line of "armored-after-Iron Man Marvel characters" which you'd imagine I'd go apeshit for.

And I was pleased as punch because that nonsense is a clear pass for me. Purist.
Interesting.

I’m sort of at a point where the absurd stuff is becoming more interesting to me. I mean, I haven’t bought any figures since the 1990 Neca TMNT, and those are pretty damn pure, but lately I’ve been attracted to stuff like this, Universal Monsters, or even the music turtles stuff.

I guess it’s because it’s starting to feel like making all the perfect 1:1 figures that we all wanted as kids, has become so easy and common, that maybe it’s lost some of it’s excitement for me.

At the same time, that’s not completely true. The only tmnt figure I am definitely buying next would be the Mirage TMNT, which is as pure as it gets.

But yeah, the weird stuff is just a little more interesting to me these days, so I like seeing stuff like this. Still probably won’t get it though.
With action figures, I am totally that guy who talks up how many copies they’d buy of *insert dream figure*, if only they’d make it, only to get cold feet when it actually happens. I only do this with figures. Saves me space though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
Robogeek1973
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post

Yeah, I pre-ordered that transforming wagon months ago.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:56 PM   #9
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Interesting.

I’m sort of at a point where the absurd stuff is becoming more interesting to me. I mean, I haven’t bought any figures since the 1990 Neca TMNT, and those are pretty damn pure, but lately I’ve been attracted to stuff like this, Universal Monsters, or even the music turtles stuff.

I guess it’s because it’s starting to feel like making all the perfect 1:1 figures that we all wanted as kids, has become so easy and common, that maybe it’s lost some of it’s excitement for me.

At the same time, that’s not completely true. The only tmnt figure I am definitely buying next would be the Mirage TMNT, which is as pure as it gets.

But yeah, the weird stuff is just a little more interesting to me these days, so I like seeing stuff like this. Still probably won’t get it though.
With action figures, I am totally that guy who talks up how many copies they’d buy of *insert dream figure*, if only they’d make it, only to get cold feet when it actually happens. I only do this with figures. Saves me space though.
Im with ya on this. If they had designs out for all 4 turtles, or at least Raph, I might be in, but that price is pretty high.

But....the more I look at that thing I might eventually cave. Its just too damn awesome.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:26 PM   #10
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

They did a solid job here. Not something for my collection though. Cheers, looking forward to in-hand pics and reviews down the line.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:23 PM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Interesting.

I’m sort of at a point where the absurd stuff is becoming more interesting to me.
I have some appreciation for this, but my thing is that where you are at now is where I was at for decades of Iron Man collecting and you get tired of that.
What I mean by that is that before Iron Man on film, collecting Iron Man was an exercise in product minutiae. Finding anything with Iron Man on it was a win even if it was something that had nothing to do with the I.P.

They make an awkward line of "Marvel Megamorphs" in 2006? You bought the Iron Man, who for some reason turned into a jet, because you were just happy to have something that was Iron Man. Maisto makes a bunch of Marvel cars and that includes a pickup truck with a sticker of Iron Man on it? You waited with baited breath for that toy car line to drop in 2002. I kept that habit up until Iron Man 2 came out and that was when I was done buying "anything" for the sake of just having Iron Man on it. After the first movie there was so much merchandise that I could finally just choose the "quality" over the "availability".

So I understand some of the inversion on that for you - 35 years of TMNT on the market and maybe now some of the obscure stuff is appealing and fun. But for me? Almost 100% done with the days of the raped I.P. Just give me a great looking, definitive figure and I'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
They did a solid job here. Not something for my collection though. Cheers, looking forward to in-hand pics and reviews down the line.
Me too. On all accounts - anyone who thinks these are great, by all means support the line. They do look cool and if someone cherishes them, then awesome.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:37 PM   #12
mikey0
Foot Elite

mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 05:35 AM   #13
mikey0
Foot Elite

Pics of Mecha Leonardo, Mecha Michelangelo, and Mecha Shredder: https://twitter.com/zimmerltw/status...DQ_cL1zvAtAAAA

https://twitter.com/zimmerltw/status...DT9d_1zvAtAAAA

https://twitter.com/NinjaTurtleLair/...C95eGy5vAtAAAA

Last edited by mikey0; 05-01-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:05 AM   #14
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Did they ever show pics of the Turtle Van, or just the shadow image?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 03:26 AM   #15
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mecha Splinter and Translucent Leonardo: https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/st...50211850887169
Old 08-11-2023, 04:42 PM   #16
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mecha April O’ Neil: https://twitter.com/Waileong20/statu...44448359440384
Old 08-11-2023, 05:03 PM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
She is lovely!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 05:11 PM   #18
Dask
Mad Scientist

I'm getting Arcee vibes!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 05:28 PM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I'm getting Arcee vibes!
Only wish she transformed into a News Bike but I think this particular fig is just a poseable mech with accessories.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 05:32 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Rex-1 is gonna be so thrilled.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote