The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Hadoken vs. Kamehameha
They're both the same move, I guess. 1 25.00%
Nah, they're both different. It's not just a different name for the same move 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Hadoken vs. Kamehameha

Surely anyone who's minimally familiar with both the Dragon Ball and the Street Fighter series has noticed how similar both these special attacks are. You could say now that the kamehameha is more powerful due to hadoken being a regular move... but then there's the metsu hadoken, which is one of Ryu's special/ultra moves aka the most powerful moves in SF games. So you could argue that one is as powerful as Goku's attack.

Basically, they're both 2 large fireballs with different names. They might as well be the same move as far as I'm concerned.

Thoughts?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You make a lot of stupid threads.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
This one isn't stupid. Lighten up.

I like both, but I have to admit that I prefer Kamehameha since I was more familiar with it growing up. Every boy in my school tried it even though we knew it wouldn't work

You can use the Hadoken against Smash Bros and Marvel/Capcom characters though, I'll give it that.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I agree with Cure
Old 10-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Keep in mind, this was done by a relatively weak character in the series.

Kamehameha wins.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
This one isn't stupid. Lighten up.

I like both, but I have to admit that I prefer Kamehameha since I was more familiar with it growing up. Every boy in my school tried it even though we knew it wouldn't work

You can use the Hadoken against Smash Bros and Marvel/Capcom characters though, I'll give it that.
It's a silly thread, but whatever. It's not breaking any rules and it's better than just constantly talking about politics and such

That's because DBZ seems to be huge everywhere or in most places, so no wonder. At my school boys tried to do the kamehameha during recess as well

Street Fighter is also big, but it's not even the highest selling fighting game series. U believe Mortal Kombat and Tekken have sold more games than SF has. Remember SFII was a big hit, but the Alpha series and especially SF3 anywhere near as successful. SF4 was rather successful but still not as much as SFII. No wonder Capcom has re-released SFII a billion times in the past 20+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Keep in mind, this was done by a relatively weak character in the series.

Kamehameha wins.
That looks cool.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

All threads are stupid. No point in splitting hairs.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

There's also the fact that the KameHameHa is a ****ing giant blast big enough to engulf your entire body and vaporize you along with the mountainside behind you while the Ha Do Ken is basically a fireball the size of a watermelon or so that at most knocks you back a few feet. I'd say the biggest canon version being Akuma's super version is roughly the size of a child and might hospitalize you, but it's still not this huge beam of light that swallows you whole.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
There's also the fact that the KameHameHa is a ****ing giant blast big enough to engulf your entire body and vaporize you along with the mountainside behind you while the Ha Do Ken is basically a fireball the size of a watermelon or so that at most knocks you back a few feet. I'd say the biggest canon version being Akuma's super version is roughly the size of a child and might hospitalize you, but it's still not this huge beam of light that swallows you whole.
Btw, this is the original kemehameha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_I