The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #27
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
With all due respect, nothing will please you mirage fans at this point.

RTNY was a MUCH better improvement over the mirage version.
focused on pure story with fun mixed in, and cut out alot of stuff not needed.

and who wasn't shocked when leo was allowed to cut of shredders head? someone actually got fired over allowing that.
I would love to hear an actual fleshed our argument on how tmnt 2k3 did RTNY better than the Mirage books. The fact that they are two completely different mediums aside, I still don’t think I could be convinced.

2K3 did an admirable job adapting the comic in cartoon form, but the action-packed layouts in part 1 of Eastman and Laird’s RTNY and the final page of part 3, with the boys standing upon the hill, watching Saki’s body burn easily trumps anything in the 2k3 version for me. I give 2K3 credit for successfully bringing together it’s various plot threads here (tmnt long awaited showdown with Shredder, Stockman’s revenge on both parties) as well as some nicely animated action scenes.

There is also the general sense of gravitas, or sense of finality captured much more eloquently in the Mirage books. Less exposition and more *Donatello blocking an exit and the turtles unsheathing their weapons as they announce “no one leaves”.*

Last edited by AquaParade; 02-04-2018 at 10:29 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kevin eastman, pd films