The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  • The future setting is an obvious attempt generate more interest, rather than a genuine change for the better.
  • It barely connects to the previous seasons.
  • It required an entire new cast of characters, most of whom sucked.
Those are definitely the reasons I didn't like it. I think the concept in general was good--even if it was a marketing-driven attempt to rejuvenate the property to regain flagging interest--but poorly executed.

Didn't like the way Cody was written, didn't like Serling at all. Too much comedy. Would've liked to see it hew closer to Mirage Volume 4, where the Utroms arrived on Earth, Turtles walking around in the daylight, blah blah blah.

I liked the idea of Dunn being the evil manipulative uncle, I liked the Dark Turtles... I think I liked most of the villains. Just all of the new supporting characters and the robot cop sucked.

Eh. It was what it was.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
If it did so good in the ratings than why cancel a second season of it in favor of BTTS?
Because the series was ending, 4kids was on the verge of going bankrupt (they did completely around 2011-2012 if I recall, only 3 years after 2k3 wrapped in 2009), and having one final season in the present made sense.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because the series was ending, 4kids was on the verge of going bankrupt (they did completely around 2011-2012 if I recall, only 3 years after 2k3 wrapped in 2009), and having one final season in the present made sense.
Is that really what happened?

I assumed the TMNT market limped to the finish line, ignobly and forgotten, the same way TMNT always ebbs and flows. Turtlemania, kids get sick of it, limps away. Resurgeance! TMNT is cool again! Cool... and not anymore. Resurgeance!

And so on and so forth.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

4kids lost the rights to dub Pokemon back in 2006 and all their shows were failing on 4kidsTV/Fox Box. All they really had to keep them going was Yu-gi-oh and they tried a whole bunch of stuff. TMNT of course had already been airing for over 5+ years so it was bound to end around that point anyway.

4kids pretty much closed up shop only 2-3 years after TMNT 2k3 ended.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

The weird thing about 4Kids is that, while the name is no longer used, it was split up into two different corporate entities. One as sort of a holding company for the old dubs that closed down last year, the other a non-union voice acting studio that only does dubbing for Yu-Gi-Oh. Probably because Konami bought it as an excuse to no hire union actors.

It's a sad shell of it's former self, but I guess it's technically more productive than Fred Wolf? I mean at least it still does something other than leech off Lionsgate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_Media_Inc.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

These days anything that isn't Disney, Nick, or Cartoon Network was bound to die off. In fact they're the only 3 big kids companies left these days besides a few.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's a sad shell of it's former self, but I guess it's technically more productive than Fred Wolf? I mean at least it still does something other than leech off Lionsgate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_Media_Inc.
You just couldn't resist it

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #28
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You just couldn't resist it
I mean, you've Fred Wolf's website right? It's kind hard to resist making fun of it when you know 4Kids got a better fate, and 4Kids suffered an incredibly pathetic fate.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #29
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Designs changes were unnecessary -funny thing, I don't complaint too much about the new batman adventures, and a story set in the future is ok for like 3 or 5 episodes, not all that episodes
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #30
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Designs changes were unnecessary -funny thing, I don't complaint too much about the new batman adventures, and a story set in the future is ok for like 3 or 5 episodes, not all that episodes
Maybe a time travel arc could carry an entire season? But I would rather prefer an international arc (on present-day Earth) or a space adventure arc.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote