The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #8241
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, I'm not able to export a Skype conversation.

I've moved to Discord, but I'd like to have that conversation on record, since it's a long-running RP.

All of Skype's updates have rendered it impossible to save just about anything and it's the worst.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #8242
Vegita-San
Emperor

re completed luigi's mansion on 3DS.

STILL missing one damn boo. 49/50. I re checked every room too

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #8243
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Reminds me of hunting for nirnroots in Cyradil....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #8244
Vegita-San
Emperor

whats worse is that I saved the game after I beat it and now it won't let me go back to find the last one... doy...!

Old 10-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #8245
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Take home exams.

I have an online midterm that I have been doing for the last week. You can do a little save it and go back to it. The instructions said the midterm will take three hour. It took me longer than that. You even have the option to take it twice if you did not do good the first time. Sounds nice right? Well I just this second took a second time and still got the same amount wrong that I did the last time. I even managed to get wrong one or two questions I originally got right the first time, that hurts! (though I did get a few right that I had originally gotten wrong). I still have four essay questions that haven't been graded yet so if I managed to do ok on them I might get a D+...I hate how I suck at taking tests. I have always been a bad test taker, and they always shoot an otherwise decent over-all good grade in the class down.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #8246
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grind... the weather has turned a lot cooler so the mice are back. Frustratingly the most common area for them seems to be the side of the house my bedroom is on, either along the side of the attic, under its flooring, or high up in the walls. And this one did not care how much I banged on the walls, or where, after it woke me up about a quarter after 5am chewing loud enough on the wood of the house that it may as well have been a damned squirrel.

Loud enough to drive me crazy and prevent me from going back to sleep... so I ended up giving up and going up to the attic at that hour with sticky traps left over from last year winter and bait I had made.

At least by the time I went back to bed it was quite, but I wish we could somehow safely turn the cats (well, just one of them) loose up there and let them take care of it...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:47 PM   #8247
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
How is she doing? Have they figured out what caused it?

Sorry, I missed this before. As near as we can tell, it was just swollen lymph nodes in the belly and inflammation of her colon. Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have, and it caused some minor infection or something. But she's fine now, thouvh she has a shaved and stitched belly from the surgery they did to look for obstructions. She will have to go back for MORE stiches, soon, though. She's a tad older than we thought, which means her first heat cycle is probably right around the corner. Not looking forward to that, but at least it's much cheaper to take care of.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #8248
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's way too early to start snowing.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #8249
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Sorry, I missed this before. As near as we can tell, it was just swollen lymph nodes in the belly and inflammation of her colon. Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have, and it caused some minor infection or something. But she's fine now, thouvh she has a shaved and stitched belly from the surgery they did to look for obstructions. She will have to go back for MORE stiches, soon, though. She's a tad older than we thought, which means her first heat cycle is probably right around the corner. Not looking forward to that, but at least it's much cheaper to take care of.
Gah, swollen lymph nodes on kittens give me bad memories; we lost a kitten to histoplasmosis and that was one of the symptoms. At her age, you probably could have taken care of her spay during the first surgery. Though, I can understand why they wouldn't do that; it would be too much at once.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:36 AM   #8250
Vegita-San
Emperor

i wonder if 40 would feel any better if I was at least accomplished. as it is now, i'm a walking stereo typical joke.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:17 PM   #8251
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Gah, swollen lymph nodes on kittens give me bad memories; we lost a kitten to histoplasmosis and that was one of the symptoms. At her age, you probably could have taken care of her spay during the first surgery. Though, I can understand why they wouldn't do that; it would be too much at once.

We asked about that, but as it was an exploratory surgery (to look for blockage) with the possibility of colon surgery or even removal of part of it if anything was found, they said it was not a good idea. Anyway, some antibiotics and an IV for fluids for the minor dehydration from getting sick cleared everything up. So she will have to go back at some point to get snipped.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #8252
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hopefully that will be her last major surgery for a while. It's rough for a little cat.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #8253
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah, but she's a tough little rascal. She's back to pouncing on sissy(Angel), wrecking the living and bathrooms, and being a pest. She even snuck out this morning when I left for work. Had to crawl under a car to catch her, and then she went berserk for some reason and tore the crap out of my hands. Got loose and ran off under the neighbor's bushes. Had to leave her there, as I didn't have time to play catch-me. Hubby was up, though, and he let her back in when she finally realized she was outside alone in the dark. LOL, she's spoiled.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #8254
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I can see how they might not want to keep her knocked out for an even longer amount of time to take care of that too. Glad the issue she had is clearing up though.

And least you guys are in Texas, so hopefully the poor girl won't need a sweater for the holidays after all this and the next thing.

Did she get one of those nice "fashionable" cones to wear? Those always went over real well with ours.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #8255
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Nope. Just a few dissolvable stitches. Lol, her belly and both front legs were shaved for the surgery and IV needles, so her fur has some odd "peach fuzz" patches there now! But it's already growing back pretty well.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:25 PM   #8256
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, lucky girl, they must have trusted her to leave it alone!

Grind... So at Walmart I heard the first store Christmas song today. The day before Halloween.

And then a short time later they played the Scooby Doo theme song. I guess for Halloween? I'm so confused now, what season is this?

And at this store, when I went to get my shipments to put out, in one approx. 12" x 12" x 6" deep box (I guess my employer doesn't have any that are smaller?) were just two packs (with two each) of these little flat ornaments. They're maybe about 3" tall, maybe less. It was laughable seeing those two laying in the bottom of this comparably huge box.

Of this variety and the same character:
Spoiler:

What we had of those originally already sold pretty well (though we never had a lot of each type to begin with), I could use a lot more... They could have half filled that box with an assortment that I could put out, that would have been great as the little display they're on is a good part empty, but no, they gave me TWO.

Then at one of my other stores there was another box of the same size... In it was ONE sheet of paper. I am serious.

The layout/hanging instructions for a particular item, that I'm not even sure we have as it certainly wasn't in THAT box with it. Maybe it is in one of the many Christmas boxes and they forgot to include the layout. Sometimes they forget it and include it in another box, but omg. At that point why not just have an email sent to supervisors and they can print it out for their employees?? This company seriously paid to ship a box with a sheet of paper.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I wanted to take a pic of both of these, but not sure if those stores would be cool with me taking photos in their stockrooms.

On top of those, an actual grind... Three of our other ornaments (ones that are not flat and are in little open faced boxes) were basically destroyed because apparently sometime within the last 7 days someone, probably some a**hole's uncontrolled a**hole kid, had to go spraying a bunch of of silly string at our stuff and the gift wrap aisle of our competitor. Not even just one, but two colors. Deliberate much?

We are kind of lucky that we only lost three, and a few others that got it only the packaging was able scratched off (but on the ornaments it's permanent ), because the woman who works for the competitor was there today too and told me she lost quite a few ribbons, bags, etc because of it. God I hate people anymore. I mean, just WHY.

Wish we had TMNT ornaments, but I'd have been pissed if they'd been ruined like that.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-30-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:48 AM   #8257
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My priorities.

In a summary:

IDK, maybe I'm just trying to distract myself. Still feels awful in every direction it can take, for all the reasons it can take.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #8258
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sorry to here...
Old 11-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #8259
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, he was gone right about 8 AM. He weighed 7 lbs, which for a cat his age and size was pretty bad. As a whole, his health had been declining slowly since 2014 and now he was just completely done and seemed to be trying to die on his own. I held him on the way to the vet, which is the most I had ever been able to handle him since we adopted him in 2006.

He was the first kitten out of the crate and I didn't let him go until we got him home. After that, his anxiety and aggression issues came out full swing and I wasn't able to hold him for a long while again until I held him going to the vet. Which...sucked to a big degree.

My mom wanted me to try for some choir participation at her church, but I didn't make it halfway through practice. So I just had breakfast with my boyfriend and visited PetCo. And handled a bunch of snakes. Which helped me feel a little better. I held a baby carpet python (living noodle!) and a blood python (limp sausage!), red tail boa, and an albino ball python.

3/4 pythons. Which sounds like a great heavy metal band name.

I'll still be feeling bad through the rest of the day, but at least I had something of a pick-me-up.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #8260
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The muscle injury or whatever I manged to do to myself yesterday at Bj's. They have a gated section in their stockroom through which deliveries come in and has a quite large heavy metal latch that secures the gate door, with lock. Normally the shipments from my own company come in sooner or another day and are stored elsewhere for me so I don't normally have to go in the gated area. (And it's often locked which is a pain when something of mine does get left in there.)

So, lucky me, the latch was down and upon trying to move my three heavy boxes out of that area I manged to catch that latch good and hard right in the ribs. Hurts more today than yesterday.