The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #101
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Yea...its kind of interesting to hear that, cuz you think they're booing him when in fact they cheering him...you'll also hear that similar "booing" for a handful of other players in different sports whose name (first or last) kinda has that "ooo" thing going for it...and of course, as I write this, I can't think of any player to use as an example!

...it'll come to me...

Duce Staley and Deuce McCallister are two that come to mind.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #102
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Exactly Heels...

But the real reason Im bringing this thread back is hopefully to get the attention of a mod to maybe sticky this and change the title to "Sports Talk" or something more inlcusive about sports....while we're definately in the minority, I think theres enough of us here to keep this thread alive and fresh...whadyathink?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #103
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Yeah, we can definately keep a sports thread going. With March Madness in the next few weeks and then baseball and the NFL draft, there will be plenty to discuss.

By the way, sorry about that loss your gators took on Saturday. They still are the best team if you ask me.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #104
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

I renamed the thread so that it can be used for sports in general. If it continues to be active, it can be stickied as well.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #105
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Awesome idea. Single sports threads wouldn't make it but a general on should be pretty active, judging by how this thread kept getting off topic.

Anyone watch NBA All-Star weekend? I did and I do every year even though it's not much fun anymore. I did miss the Rookie-Sophmore game and the Celebrity game friday. I watched everything Saturday night. I enjoyed the shooting stars challenge, even more so because the Detroit team won. The Skills challenge is a joke, at least make it look like youre trying. I've never really liked the 3pt shootout and the dunk contest sucked yet again. I wished the judges were the ones dunking instead, even at their ages. And then the actual All-Star game was so boring...could it have been more lopsided?
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #106
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Thanks alot Krang!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
By the way, sorry about that loss your gators took on Saturday. They still are the best team if you ask me.
Man, tell me about it. But you know what, they needed it. They've been playing comeback for a good part of these last few weeks so it was bound to happen. And Vanderbilt is actually a pretty good team so I dont mind that. Im just glad the loss happened now!! I just hope this wakes them up... And yea, I still think they're the best as well...i can't believe they dropped all the way to #3....but its alright...

The heels have been looking pretty good these last couple of games...but TOUGH loss though to va tech...

And as far as the All star weekend snackpants, i really can't watch much of it anymore...the rookie-soph game wasn't very good at all IMO...the dunk contest was alright, nothing too special...the main game was indeed very lopsided...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #107
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

yeah ive basically accepted that all-star weekend blows. if the players dont care and dont want to be there, why should i care and why should I watch?

I'm totally ready for the ncaa tourney! It''s at this time I wish I woulda went the michigan state, where my team would be in the tourney every year, as opposed to central michigan where it'll take a miracle run in the MAC tourney to make it to the big dance. But I guess that would make it all the better, right? We'll have to make a pool when the time comes.

Oh and also, for the first time in my life, Im excited for spring training. Im a detroit sports fan, thus a tigers fan. so you can imagine why the start of baseball wouldnt excite me...just another year of sitting on the couch all summer long watching them lose. But this year is different! I cant wait!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #108
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
just another year of sitting on the couch all summer long watching them lose.
Exactly my thoughts into the local team here: the Devil Rays... except in our case, its looking to be another crap year...

And yea, im very much excited about the upcoming tourney...obvioulsy Im hoping my Gators can get their act together (which I'm sure they will)...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #109
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Speaking of Michigan State, they had a big win tonight over top ranked Wisconsin. Sounds like the Badgers have a little bit of that TarHeel bug...get ranked #1 and then lose a game.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #110
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

all those ncaa teams are going down...cause where its really at is UCONN!

ok maybe not so much, but I'll keep cheering and wait for the next year.

I'm going to their game on sunday against Louisville, and if I'm lucky I'll score big east championship tickets (if they are still even in it)
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #111
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

The NFL scouting combine starts tomorrow. I will be at work but I think NFL Network will re-air it later. It's always interesting to see whose stock rises and falls during this event.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #112
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Ahhh, the NFL Draft! Always a stressful time for us Lions fans. We always have a top 10 pick for Matt Millen to mess up. I thought this year was the year we got that #1 pick, until we screwed up and won a game. Actually at the time I was glad because everyone was projecting Brady Quinn to go #1 and I hate Quinn. But then Jamarcus Russell declared and I was pissed about drafting #2 because Oaklands going to take him. So it pretty much set that the Lions are taking Joe Thomas. Im all for beefing up an o-line, but we had a franchise LT already. Whytake another LT with the #2 pick? I would rather take Calvin Johnson as a sure thing or even AP. OL as a top pick haven't faired well (Robert Gallery). Trading down would be nice but I dont think thats possible. It feels like 2004 all over again when the Pistons went with a big man (Darko) instead of a sure thing like Melo, Bosh, or Wade. *sigh*
Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #113
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
I renamed the thread so that it can be used for sports in general. If it continues to be active, it can be stickied as well.
...wait?

We can talk about sports here?

Any type of sports?

ANY?

Great success!

Let's talk about the best sport ever then:

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

(known elsewhere as "soccer")

Yesterday and today's Champions League, anyone?

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:59 AM   #114
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Bayern sucks, if Real wasn't so crappy at the moment they could have easily kicked their asses.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #115
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Milan were crap last night. As soon as they play a decent team they're going to get knocked out. I hope to God that Chelsea somehow lose tonight.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #116
Stimor
Foot Soldier

i would like to talk about football (known as american football elsewhere) if that wont be greatly minded
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #117
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I think the rules should be you can talk about any sport except NASCAR, which sometimes gets confused for a sport.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:14 AM   #118
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny View Post
Milan were crap last night. As soon as they play a decent team they're going to get knocked out. I hope to God that Chelsea somehow lose tonight.
I'm cheering for Celtic at the moment. Not that I'm their biggest fan or something but they've got two Poles in squad, so yeah.

BTW - it's quite funny, someone mentions football on the board and then Dinny shows up out of the blue.

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #119
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
I'm cheering for Celtic at the moment. Not that I'm their biggest fan or something but they've got two Poles in squad, so yeah.

BTW - it's quite funny, someone mentions football on the board and then Dinny shows up out of the blue.
My senses were all... tingling or something. I thought we should have made topics for the Champions League and Euro 2008 after the world cup thread was so successful, at least you, me and Barkworm would have something to say.

Unfortunately my team's in the UEFA cup this year so the Champions League has been boring so far for me. Looking forward to Inter - Valencia tonight though, should be excellent. I expect Inter to go through to the quarters but it'll be close.
I can only see Barcelona - Liverpool going one way but Liverpool have the luck of the draw on their side as if they can get a descent result tonight, Barca will need to play well at Anfield which has become a fortress in the Premiership this season.
As much as I want Porto to win tonight, they'd need more than luck to get anything out of tonight's game with Chelsea, and I can see Chelsea winning in Portugal too. Expect to see some dramatic display from Mourinho once Chelsea go through, like mooning the Chelsea supporters for no good reason.
As for Roma - Lyon, I think Roma could squeeze a victory tonight, but realistically Lyon will march on through.

Btw Sewer Bull, Boruc played really well last night.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #120
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Mr. Snackpants, why does Matt Millen still even have a job? That guy should have gotten canned like years ago.

What are the chances of them taking another receiver this year?

I also need to correct my last post, the combine does not begin until tomorrow afternoon and will be aired on the NFL Network starting at 2pm.