The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #21
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

FUSION FRENZY!

I like that one.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #22
Peanut
Second Gear

It was ok. Xbox's answer to Gamecube's Mario Party. There were definately some neat games on there.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #23
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
if you ever get the chance, Ai, myself, and JameO are the real team to play with. You'd have the sniper whenever you pleased, we rarely use it.
I ment sniper as in someone else always having it and watching my back... now that I read what I wrote its quite funny... I'm use to always having my buddy pic up the sniper and covering me while I go on kamakazee runs (not really, but close enough)... we had some good games though... Peanut, JameO, Ringo and I... we didn't do too too bad... oh yeah... I've played Fusion Frenzy, I'd never buy it, but the demo on Halo was ok, I guess...
Old 02-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #24
Peanut
Second Gear

We were on for a bit tonight, along with Ai, but you went off just as we started. We definately had a good night tonight. Lots of fun. Especially in the game against the British guys.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #25
Dinny
Stone Warrior

Wooo, British guys.

Anyway, I had X-Box Live, but I haven't had it for a month now. I might get it again. It would be cool to have a Technodrome Forums clan.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #26
Peanut
Second Gear

It was cool because they were so polite when they trounced us. It was single flag CTF, me and Ai went into their base in the Hog, and swiped the flag without any trouble at all, as we drove out of their base I was saying things like "I has to be off with you flag govna. I'll return for some tea." And they got a kick out of that. Then we defended, went back on offense, Ai and myself tried the same thing, but this time they were ready and blew us and the Hog up, not before I could say "FOR THE QUEEN GENTS!" as I sat waiting to respawn I heard one of the guys who had killed us say "Eat my dust good sir!" It was a light hearted game, and a damn lot of fun, it's good to play against decent people with a sense of humor.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Yeah, people with a sense of humor about their culture is great. Like I tell Peanut all the time that America is a bunch of assholes, and we share a laugh. It's all good. I mean, it's just a game, and you shouldn't take life that seriously.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #28
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
Yeah, people with a sense of humor about their culture is great.
Yeah... I tell people I'm Canadian and the jokes start flying... I love when people have a good sense of Humor... especially if they're funny and aren't sore losers/winners .... I hate sore losers/winners.... jerks.... but if they have a sense of humor that ussuallly helps...
Old 02-14-2005, 03:27 AM   #29
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Fuzion Frenzy is awesome. I am the daddy of Twisted System. Still waitin' to play with you guys.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:28 AM   #30
Peanut
Second Gear

Well where have you been dude? I haven't seen you on there in a long ass while.

Edit: Some random news from Gamespot.

-------------------------------------------------------

RUMOR #2: Microsoft's next-generation console will be called the "Xbox 360."

Source: Followers of all things shiny and electronic, Engadget.com.

The official story: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation"--Microsoft spokesperson.

What we heard: A wellspring for interesting (if unsubstantiated) tidbits, Engagdet cites a "trusted source" as having revealed the name for Microsoft's next-gen console, complete with logo (see screen index). Furthermore, the source also explained the rationale behind the arguably lackluster moniker. "Apparently Microsoft was worried that calling their new console the 'Xbox 2' would make it seem older or less 'cutting-edge' than the PlayStation 3," said the site. Engadget also cited a 2004 study that compared the "Xbox 360" to its rival next-consoles' possible names: "PlayStation 3" and "Nintendo N5." However, it didn't mention reports of another 2004 marketing study that reportedly tested consumer reactions to three versions of a console called the Xbox Next, currently the most common name applied to Microsoft's next-gen console. However, the software colossus is staying mum for the moment, so there's little but gut feeling to go on.

Bogus or not bogus?: Given the popularity of "Xbox Next" and the fact "Xbox 360" sounds like some kind of snowboarding trick, we'll go with "probably bogus."

RUMOR #3: The next-generation Xbox will use neither the Blu-ray nor the HD-DVD disc formats.

Source: Online tech-dope muckraker The Inquirer.

The official story: "Microsoft does not comment on speculation or rumors. (You see what I did there? I switched the order of 'rumors' and 'speculation.') "--Microsoft spokesperson.

What we heard: Although it jokingly says it received the tip from an anonymous source "in a soggy brown envelope anonymously delivered through our door by untraceable carrier pigeon," the Inquirer article does seriously suggest that rather than support either of the two new high-capacity formats, Microsoft will stick with plain ol' DVDs as its media medium. The reason? "To keep the costs of the system and its games down," according to The Inquirer's source. As thin as this theory is, it does have some weight to it. For one, Microsoft loses money on every Xbox sold, and it's been rumored to be taking drastic steps (that is, ditching the hard drive in favor of high-capacity flash cards) to keep the cost of its next-gen system down. Secondly, with a console generation life span of around four to five years, a high-capacity format drive may not be necessary. Currently, even the most graphic-intensive PC games currently on the market can fit on a 4.7GB DVD. Doom 3 came on just three CDs (approximately 2GB), while Far Cry came on five (approx. 3.25GB). The record belongs do Everquest II, which came on a whopping 10 CDs (approx. 6.5GB). However, games that size could simply come on two discs, like the best-selling Resident Evil 4. (Note: GameCube discs only hold 1.5GB per disc.) Then there's the question of the two new formats. Blu-ray is being heavily backed by Sony, so it would seem unlikely that Microsoft would help its archrival spread its chosen format. But if the company selected HD-DVD for the Xbox Next, it would be picking sides in a format war where there is no clear favorite. And everyone knows Bill Gates does not like to lose...

Bogus or not bogus?: Possible, but still too early to call.

-------------------------------------------------------

Don't really have an opinion on the type of media Xbox uses, but I hope Xbox 2 is called Xbox Next, over Xbox 360 at least, which sounds pretty damn stupid.

Last edited by Peanut; 02-14-2005 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:37 AM   #31
Barkworm
Super Moderator

My guess is, the name won't have "X-Box" in it.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 AM   #32
Peanut
Second Gear

Could be, but I think Microsoft is trying to build around the X-Box name, much like Sony has done with the Playstation. Also the only non X-Box name I've heard so far is Xenon, which is also stupid.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:47 AM   #33
Super Moderator

Yeah, let's just start naming consoles with elements on the periodic table! Yeah! Power to science! Stupid.

They shouldn't call it Xbox 2, though. That's Sony's department to tack on a number.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #34
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Also the only non X-Box name I've heard so far is Xenon, which is also stupid.
Yeah i've heard that too and i think it is a horrible name. I don't know if i'd buy a console called Xenon. Well, actually i plan of getting one regardless of the name but it doesn't mean i'll like it.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:32 AM   #35
The Clerk
Stone Warrior

oh jeez.... i need to play halo 2 with you guys again, i've been playin with ppl from ohio, columbus area.

On the must play list, well, for XBL users, need to play some Phantasy Star Online and Star Wars; Jedi Academy, great to play online with... and COunter Strike, but the cpu version is a whole lot better

Elite... I could whoop your ass in Fuzion Frenzy, lol just gimme Dub and Twisted System
Old 02-16-2005, 02:08 AM   #36
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Samson, son! Beatin' you would be a "stroll in the park."
Old 02-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #37
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Also the only non X-Box name I've heard so far is Xenon, which is also stupid.
I've heard that one too... I don't like it at all... I think out of the three names (Xenon, X-box 360 and X-box Next) I like X-box Next the best... but the have be coming up with something better than that...
Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #38
The Clerk
Stone Warrior

Elite, you're... "NOt bad, but i think your bass line could use some tunin'"
Old 02-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #39
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Just thought I'd add to the essential games list

Project Gotham Racing 2
X-Men Legends

KOTOR 2 only just came out here and the only thing I've found disappointing so far is the amount of bugs that game has. I swear insects will literally start coming out of my xbox soon...
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #40
Peanut
Second Gear

Ok I added both. I also edited it so the games were all in the first post. I made a new section for Multi-Platform games, so if anyone has any multi-platform games that are really good on the XBox, then say those as well.

Tags
microsoft, xbox