The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-06-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Do you ever feel nostalgic when looking at or playing older save files?

Like, do you ever boot up an older videogame for the first time in ages again and notice the original save file is still there and feel nostalgic about it and start reminiscing?

It happened a couple of times with me in the last couple of years on two different games. First one was Super Smash Bros. Melee. You know how the game keeps track of when you unlocked stuff and such? And not only the day but also the exact time you did that? Well, replaying some Melee again a few months ago really blew my mind as I checked through the 2002-2004 stuff logged by the game. I was in 7th and 8th grade when I played that game heavily, so it was kinda crazy to see how the data is still there.

And when I replayed some SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 last year it was even more mindblowing because I had totally forgotten that I had made CAWs of a few of my HS classmates in that game and they were still there and a few even were still holding titles. I haven't seen any of those guys since like 11th grade, and that was in 2006/2007 already. Hell, I don't even have them on FB or anything so I have no idea what they're up to nowadays. And it's not like we were ever that close of friends. We sorta created each others in the game for fun and gave each others our favourite moves and entrance themes. One of my classmates looked a bit like Triple H so we all gave him the pedrigree obv. And a few times we visited each others houses and would play with the CAWs against each other for fun. So yeah, it was really mindblowing and gave me a sense of nostalgia.

If I still had my N64, I bet I could check my old Bajo-Kazooie, DK64, Mario 64 and Ocarina save files and my Star Fox 64 records as well. Not to mention my Mario Kart 64 time trial records as well. I hope all of that stuff is still intact. It's like a proof that my childhood really happened is still there besides from pictures I have taken of me in holidays and such.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Nah. I do when I look through achievements and trophies, though.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Depends on the game, but it happened to me when I replayed a few games in the last few years too.

I played Yugioh WC2011 a bit last year and all my duel records/achievements data from 2011-2012 was still there.

Same with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the World when I replayed it last year. My NewGame+ file had kept track of all the monsters, titles, etc that I had forgotten about since I last played the game in 2009.

Also same with Pokemon Stadium 2 in 2007 when I found that all the teams I registered onto the game in late 2001/early 2002 were still there. Was glad to have a record of them after losing the “real” ones due to internal battery issues.

Last edited by Wesley; 08-07-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Depends on the game, but it happened to me when I replayed a few games in the last few years too.

I played Yugioh WC2011 a bit last year and all my duel records/achievements data from 2011-2012 was still there.

Same with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the World when I replayed it last year. My NewGame+ file had kept track of all the monsters, titles, etc that I had forgotten about since I last played the game in 2009.

Also same with Pokemon Stadium 2 in 2007 when I found that all the teams I registered onto the game in late 2001/early 2002 were still there. Was glad to have a record of them after losing the “real” ones due to internal battery issues.
2011 and 2012 aren't old enough years for me to feel nostalgia for yet. Plus, I was already in my early 20s by then and years have kinda blended in together since 2012.

2007 somewhat though. A bit hard for me to "accept" the faxt that the original Wii and DS are over a decade old each by now.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote