The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which other TMNT characters can have their own television miniseries
April O'Neil (with Channel 6 crew, Irma if she's a journalist) 1 4.35%
Splinter–Hamato Yoshi 1 4.35%
Shredder and the Foot Clan 6 26.09%
Krang, the Kraang or Utroms 2 8.70%
Leatherhead 1 4.35%
Casey Jones 6 26.09%
Other 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Which other TMNT characters can have their own television series

A Star Wars film about Han Solo has just been released. This makes me wonder:

Which other TMNT characters do you think can have their own television series (probably a miniseries, set before or during the main-adventures of the turtles begin)?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 05-27-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

Saki and Yoshi?
Sakir's Rise to becoming Shredder?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Agent Bishop maybe?
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A TV show called "The Foot."
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
funatic
Mad Scientist

Would have been really interested to see Murphy’s Mighty Mutanimals cartoon that never was. I think a modern day adaptation of IDW’s Mutanimals would be pretty keen too.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Would have been really interested to see Murphy’s Mighty Mutanimals cartoon that never was.
I would prefer such a series to be set in Brazil, for some exchange.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'd like a show set in Dimension X, showing us everything about that world and the struggle between the Neutrinos and Rock soldiers.

The main cast of the 87 show would only make occassional guest appearances.

It could also be a nice way to directly show us Krang's backstory and visualize all of the plot points only mentioned in the 87 cartoon (such as Krang betraying Beserko, making his Rock soldiers from mutagen, meeting Shreeka etc.)

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A TV show called "The Foot."
Not sure about the name but this is what I want most of all, even more than a Casey Jones series.

Use the Ninja Assassin formula, to cut between the past & modern day. Show both the Foot Clan's origins (& Saki/Yohi's arcs) as well as what they're up to now, as a Yakuza crime syndicate with home base in JP (where we occasionally cut to see Karai's dealings) & an American outfit in NY led by Shredder. You can tie in themes of mysticism & spirit quests in the days of old, gun-running & business fronts in the present, & in both feature staples like extortion, training montages, espionage, etc. across the ages. You could have an episode where one of their missions is nearly thwarted by Casey Jones, another where they overtake a neighborhood previously run by Purple Dragons. Toss in the occasional turtle tease along the way with a small appearance in the season finale or something. Like perhaps an over the shoulder view of them on a roof-top, seeing The Foot for the first time, or conveying that they've been monitoring them for a while now.

No Bebop & Rocksteady, no Krang, no meddling about in matters of science, just purely Japanese ninja/Yakuza badassery.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #9
Overlord

I think an April O'Neil series based on the original series.

It would be set during season 2, when April is working at Channel 6 and has to deal with Burne Thompson at work, and trying to first hide what she knowas about the turtles for Irma (before "Catwoman from Channel 6"). We would see more of her aunt, and some flashback scenes from her girlhood years.

But a series set in Dimension X, with clashing spacecraft and the wars between Krang and the Neutrinos, would also be cool.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

I guess the absolute easiest option, that is to say cost effiecient, is to make one about Casey. You don't need a lot of money to film a guy beating up street gangs. Your special effects budget would be limited to like fake blood and bruises. I've had this idea that if you cut the TMNT and all the mutants/aliens/robots out of it, you could make a fairly decent series at a low budget if you kept it to the humans and extremely humanoid characters like Renet. You don't really have to worry about casual audiences being turned off, or people demanding it should be comedy about pizza that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You know, after the Nick show did 6 episodes guest starring the Fred Wolf characters within 3 years as well as a short, it wore out it's welcome. It felt tired, Okay? Leave that show in the past and don't force it into the present, the fans and the franchise need to move on from it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #11
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I guess the absolute easiest option, that is to say cost effiecient, is to make one about Casey. You don't need a lot of money to film a guy beating up street gangs.
It musn't be live-action. But it's definately a good idea if you need live-action. It could have three episodes:

1). The Purple Dragons strike a series of street crimes on Manhattan. Casey Jones fights against them.

2.) More about Casey Jones vendetta against street criminals, and the Purple Dragons in general. We see flashback scenes where the Purple Dragons burn down Casey Jones' father's shop.

3.) The final battle one night in Central Park or something.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The Mirage Utroms have a cool enough story that I'd like to see a story focused on their adjustment to life on Earth. Making their exosuits, trying to stay in hiding during that time, figuring out how to blend in properly, how they even managed to make an entire building or how they managed to prove they were humans that always existed. Then there's the sideline of how they coped with being stranded away from their home and families.

Xeinos and Leatherhead would eventually factor in. There could be Rikby having to deal with the truck going out of control - nearly killing an old man and causing catastrophe with losing the mutagenic ooze.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
It musn't be live-action.
In that case I'd just recommend adapting one of the IDW mini's. Karai's Path, Secret History, Utrom Empire, 3/4 of the Micros and several issues of Universe aren't really about the Turtles. You could even combine certain parts if it seems a little light on content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The Mirage Utroms have a cool enough story that I'd like to see a story focused on their adjustment to life on Earth. Making their exosuits, trying to stay in hiding during that time, figuring out how to blend in properly, how they even managed to make an entire building or how they managed to prove they were humans that always existed. Then there's the sideline of how they coped with being stranded away from their home and families.

Xeinos and Leatherhead would eventually factor in. There could be Rikby having to deal with the truck going out of control - nearly killing an old man and causing catastrophe with losing the mutagenic ooze.
Yeah, that could work.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:24 PM   #14
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'd like a show set in Dimension X, showing us everything about that world and the struggle between the Neutrinos and Rock soldiers.

It could also be a nice way to directly show us Krang's backstory and visualize all of the plot points only mentioned in the 87 cartoon (such as Krang betraying Beserko, making his Rock soldiers from mutagen, meeting Shreeka etc.)
Ah that would be so cool.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:54 AM   #15
Overlord

Even the 2003–2009 series stories with Triceratons, Utroms and the humanoid Federation would be cool to se as a series.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:12 AM   #16
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm liking the foot clan series idea but I can see the scope for the more sci-fi aspect too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:00 AM   #17
Overlord

Quote:

It would be a great "Star Wars in Dimension X", with Neutrino rebels. Also remember Neutrino infants are born with telekenetic abilities. I would also want it to explore the politics of Dimension X.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:54 PM   #18
miru
Mad Scientist

Once again going for the Foot. Could provide their earliest origins, like... Jomon period and before. Elaborate on the Oroku bloodline and other bloodlines of the Foot (Lin? Cha?), and the Hamato and Tang bloodlines before the tragedy. And their magic, mysticism, and wonder, to present a three-dimensional image of the Foot that was only recently clouded by Frank Miller’s image of heartless assassins.

I could see Cudley and the Battle Nexus being the basis of an MST3K-styled Special. Have them sit down to the PD films and comment. Mutanimals would make a nice tv series too. Perhaps have it be a contrast to Rise in tone and mood yet being in the same universe?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:21 AM   #19
Icebot
Foot Elite

Krang, utroms, Kraang.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #20
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not sure about the name but this is what I want most of all, even more than a Casey Jones series.

Use the Ninja Assassin formula, to cut between the past & modern day. Show both the Foot Clan's origins (& Saki/Yohi's arcs) as well as what they're up to now, as a Yakuza crime syndicate with home base in JP (where we occasionally cut to see Karai's dealings) & an American outfit in NY led by Shredder. You can tie in themes of mysticism & spirit quests in the days of old, gun-running & business fronts in the present, & in both feature staples like extortion, training montages, espionage, etc. across the ages. You could have an episode where one of their missions is nearly thwarted by Casey Jones, another where they overtake a neighborhood previously run by Purple Dragons. Toss in the occasional turtle tease along the way with a small appearance in the season finale or something. Like perhaps an over the shoulder view of them on a roof-top, seeing The Foot for the first time, or conveying that they've been monitoring them for a while now.

No Bebop & Rocksteady, no Krang, no meddling about in matters of science, just purely Japanese ninja/Yakuza badassery.
So you a a show about me and what i did in Japan before i went to new york. Which version of me would you prefer? 2012 2003 or 1987 series? Of course i will be the protagonsit of the show and i will be fighting human Hamato Yoshi. No turtles no krang No Rocksteady Bebop Hun Xever Stockman Tiger claw because i hadnt met them yet!