The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #341
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
I bet money Lionsgate wont release this on Blu Ray. This has ran its course. They wont make anymore.
Maybe it's a pipe dream... but next year the Turtles will be turning 30. If Playmates and Nick plan on doing something special then maybe Liongates or Shout Factory! might release the show on Blu-ray to coincided with the anniversary. If so, then I would imagine it be just volume one as opposed to the Turtle Van set.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #342
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Who knows, I could see something good being cooked up for next year

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #343
pferreira
Foot Elite

I think Timelife should release the original series on DVD. They've done a good job in the past with other shows.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #344
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

I recall hearing that TMNT 2003 is too big a property for Nick to license through Shout!, same with SpongeBob, Fairly OddParents, Rugrats and Last Airbender. I hope it gets a proper DVD rerelease in the future somehow.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #345
Barry the Nomad
Mouser

I just picked this set up at Toys R Us over the weekend for $70 - used a "$10 off any purchase of $50 or more" coupon.

I was actually waiting until later to pick this up, it was on my Amazon wish list since it released, but the sudden disappearance of the set from all online retailers, and the price rocketing up to $150+ on ebay, lead me to run out to TRU where I recalled seeing three on the shelves a month ago. Thank goodness they still had two left, and I picked the better of the two (one had a window sticker that was misaligned). If anybody lives in South East Pennsylvania, hit up the TRU in Willow Grove. They have one left! As long as a slightly crooked sticker on the van doesn't bother you.
Barry the Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #346
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad View Post
I just picked this set up at Toys R Us over the weekend for $70 - used a "$10 off any purchase of $50 or more" coupon.
Kudos to you.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #347
Rat A Tat
Foot Soldier

As I hadn't been lurking the boards in the past few months, I didn't hear about this release until a week or so ago. Luckily enough, I did some hunting on Friday afternoon and managed to procure one of these at a nearby TRU. Much gratitude to those mentioning TRU earlier in the thread, as I probably wouldn't have even thought of looking there without the suggestion.

I gotta say I really dig the packaging. I wouldn't want "unshelfable" packaging for a ton of my media purchases, but for my favorite properties like TMNT, I'm all about it. It looks nice sitting on top of my DVD tower (pic spoiler tagged below).

I'm not too worried about disc damage, as I'll most likely end up ripping the discs to my media drive and streaming to my PS3 when I want to watch them. Though if I were to go on a series marathon viewing via the physical discs, I think this leads to a much cleaner experience (at least in theory). You can just set this collection next to your player, pop the top off, and switch from one disc to another and you play through them, as opposed to having a sizable stack of conventional disc cases.

While I am disappointed about the lack of new content in this set and the episode order not being corrected, I'm ultimately happy to own it.

Oh, and I definitely took the van for a drive around the the living room floor while singing the theme song.

Spoiler:
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #348
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I still have to keep my set in its original box, and I keep the box on one of the spaces on the shelf since there's still room on it. If I took it out of the box and had it on the top of the shelf, my cat would probably knock it down, and the casing and the discs would most likely get screwed up and I don't want that.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote