The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Next Pokemon Anime Features "All Regions"

Quote:
The official Japanese Pokemon YouTube has announced a new Pokemon anime series titled simply Pocket Monsters. This is the same title as the anime when it first debuted in 1997.

According to a press release, the new series will feature all regions from the main video games — from Kanto to Galar.

The episode of Sun & Moon airing September 29th will reveal more information about the new series.
https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/09/ne...es-all-regions
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Yoooo, that sounds like it has a lot of potential. Interested where this will go! Sun & Moon has been great.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I bet it'll be the second half of the series that deals with all of the regions, the first adapting the region in Sword and Shield.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if Sun/Moon’s low ratings promoted this change, even in Japan SM has the lowest viewership of every previous series. The saga itself isn’t bad if you like slice of life and the change in animation and tone from previous sagas.

They still have to advertise the next gen as usual so it may show Ash traveling there and other episodes focusing on other characters in other regions.

Since the 2010’s the anime has been trying reboot after reboot to re-tool the anime, it’s why every new saga feels so different nowadays. I just wonder if they can’t stick with something anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

People keep saying Reboot everytime a new season is announced, I remember when Advance Generation came out people freaked out because Misty left and it was no longer the same show, then for DP we got the poster and it showed no brock and people said it was a new take only for it to be the same thing, similar when Black/White came out and Ash got rebooted to a n00b, and then again with Sun/Moon because Ash was acting way different and so was the animation despite it being the same show as we saw when Misty/Brock showed up.

It'll be the same thing here, we will see Ash in XY region but isntead of random filler we'll see other trainers in other regions, we'll see galar pokemon in kanto/hoenn etc since the anime has never cared to be consistent with that either. It'll be cool if we see past trainers like May, Dawn etc but knowing the writers we'll get new characters instead.

Some are pointing out that the new logo uses the reboot movies logo, so if it's indeed a new Ash then I'm ok with that, if we see reboot Ash go through all the regions that'd be cool too as an anthology series.

I seriously doubt it'll be an anime without Ash or with CG Ash either, Ash is too iconic and CG anime would be too expensive.

I have hopes but knowing the anime i know it'll be full of missed opportunities.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:44 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I don't follow the series all too well these days, but I picked up this from reddit

Spoiler:
The stipulation for the Sun/Moon league is the champion goes on to face a more final boss later (in this case, Masked Royal), the feeling is Ash will win but likely choke against Royal...so he walks away with a major victory but still has lots to learn
Old 09-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

Oh yay...more *yawn* pokemon anime. Just finish special Black and White 2 already.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

honestly I feel like I could write and handle the Pokemon series better than the actuals writers have. But in all honestly I would probably make it worse.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:54 AM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sound director Masafumi Mima says this is a "new work" and not an extension.

https://twitter.com/Sunma47/status/1168226300231729152
Old 09-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #10
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So they're going to have all 900 or however many Pokemon there are on this show?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
So they're going to have all 900 or however many Pokemon there are on this show?
Ironically the anime will now have more pokemon than the new game.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:44 AM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What is the status of Squirtle? Still leading the fire fighting Squirtle Squad? Charizard is back from the Charific Valley and is at Oak's Lab with Bulbasuar?
Old 09-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yes, Ash still has Bulbasaur and Charizard at Oak's lab. Squirtle is still with the Squirtle Squad.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #15
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Will there be actual pokemon battles? I stopped watching the show when Ash got his umpteenth badge by being nice.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

He’s been winning the majority of his badges by beating Gym leaders since the 7th Gym of Kanto (Blaine/Cinnibar) so for the last roughly 21 years now? Like that’s over 1000 episodes in the shows history since 1998. So for 20 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #17
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I'm not expecting any thing, we've already got a poster with Pikachu on it. So for those hoping Ash would be leaving again, forget about it. I have no idea why that's even speculation at this point still. If they haven't gotten rid of Ash at the Sun and Moon series which was practically like a reboot than its not happening so please stop its just annoying.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #18
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He’s been winning the majority of his badges by beating Gym leaders since the 7th Gym of Kanto (Blaine/Cinnibar) so for the last roughly 21 years now? Like that’s over 1000 episodes in the shows history since 1998. So for 20 years.
Damn. I dropped out after Koga because it was just huggy/feely type stuff.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I'm not expecting any thing, we've already got a poster with Pikachu on it. So for those hoping Ash would be leaving again, forget about it. I have no idea why that's even speculation at this point still. If they haven't gotten rid of Ash at the Sun and Moon series which was practically like a reboot than its not happening so please stop its just annoying.
Who said Ash had to leave the show if he became a Pokemon master?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #20
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder if Sun/Moon’s low ratings promoted this change, even in Japan SM has the lowest viewership of every previous series. The saga itself isn’t bad if you like slice of life and the change in animation and tone from previous sagas.

They still have to advertise the next gen as usual so it may show Ash traveling there and other episodes focusing on other characters in other regions.

Since the 2010’s the anime has been trying reboot after reboot to re-tool the anime, it’s why every new saga feels so different nowadays. I just wonder if they can’t stick with something anymore.
Yeah Sun and Moon was pretty bad.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote