The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #3081
Darthknuxward
Hench Mutant

Picked up Ultraman today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.7 KB, 4 views)

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Shredder
I give a rat's ass. I killed Master Splinter and will give you his rat's ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by snake
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

FEEL MY FREEZE!

I'm not quite dead.
Darthknuxward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #3082
Allio
Foot Elite

^
Reminds me, I am still only on episode 16
Old 12-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #3083
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Picked up King Kong vs. Godzilla on DVD for five bucks at Wal-Mart yesterday.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #3084
Mandy Chan
Random Punk

got this gem

Mandy Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #3085
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Batman - Diamond Luxe Edition
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Target exclusive w/bonus disc and 4 slipcovers)

Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #3086
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
got my TMNT Blu-Ray with Raph statue from Amazon today

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #3087
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? - The Complete Series

I saw it at Toys R Us for just $5.99, and I figured "what the heck?". I just wish Mill Creek Entertainment would learn that it's not a good idea to stack up discs on one hub.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #3088
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

I just got the newest TMNT movie on Blu-Ray/DVD with Digital Download. (Gosh, I hate explaining things fully.)

And let's not forget the third TMNT movie on Blu-Ray too. (Yes, I do like the third movie. Problem?)

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #3089
Leo656
The Franchise

Was fortunate to have been given the following surprises for Christmas:

Batman: Assault on Arkham
Best of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures (animated series)
The History of Beavis and Butt-Head
This Is Spinal-Tap
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Super-Friends! Season One Volume Two (think I finally have all of them now!)
The Godzilla Collection (contains "Gojira", "Godzilla: King of the Monsters", "Godzilla Raids Again", "Mothra Vs. Godzilla", "Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster", "Invasion of Astro-Monster", "All Monsters Attack", and "Terror of MechaGodzilla"!)
Turtle Power documentary (Finally!)

I got for the wife:

Hellboy Animated - "Sword of Storms" and "Blood & Iron"
The Boondocks: The Complete Fourth Season
Brothers of Destruction Greatest Matches
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
The Dark Crystal
Judge Dredd
Dredd
Jumanji
Willow
Maleficent

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #3090
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Got Simpsons season 17 and Clone Wars Lost Missions for Christmas. I got my better half volume 1 of that old Dark Shadows series from the 60s and 70s. So we've got a tun to watch before break's over.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #3091
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Got this bad boy as soon as I saw it at the local cEX! Hands down one of the greatest Animation viewing experiences I've ever had.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #3092
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Was fortunate to have been given the following surprises for Christmas:

The History of Beavis and Butt-Head
However did you get that one?

As for my own haul for today, and the final one of the year...

Power Rangers Super Megaforce, Vol. 1 - Earth Fights Back

I could have gotten this last week at Wal-Mart, and they only had one copy left. To make sure the disc wasn't loose, I shook it. I heard nothing. Then I noticed a tear in the plastic wrapping on the bottom. That didn't confront me, but there was a hole in the bottom of the case. I asked if they might have had other copies in their back room, but they told me that what's on the shelf is all that's available. So I just didn't bother buying it there, and just decided to order it online instead.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #3093
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

just got this for my Doctor Who collection
Old 01-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #3094
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
However did you get that one?
Sadly turned out to be a high-quality reproduction of the original. Quality's fine, though. I just wish my boy Judge would pull his head out of his ass and do a "complete series" or "lost episodes" deal. For the F'n FANS, ya dig? Like, yeah, Mike, yeah, "Blood Drive" was awful and the one where they shot down a plane could be considered "horribly offensive" in a post-9/11 world. Nobody cares but you! We want to laugh at the sh*t we laughed at when we were 12. Those episodes ran on TV hundreds of times for years and NOW you're ashamed of 'em? Come oooonnnn, it's history, bro, and it's money in your pocket.

"MTV destroyed the original tapes". Suuuuuure they did, nitz. They still have the master tapes of every f***in' Grim Reaper music video ever made but they trashed their Beavis and Butt-Head masters. I buy that. Uh-huh.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #3095
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Sadly turned out to be a high-quality reproduction of the original. Quality's fine, though. I just wish my boy Judge would pull his head out of his ass and do a "complete series" or "lost episodes" deal. For the F'n FANS, ya dig? Like, yeah, Mike, yeah, "Blood Drive" was awful and the one where they shot down a plane could be considered "horribly offensive" in a post-9/11 world. Nobody cares but you! We want to laugh at the sh*t we laughed at when we were 12. Those episodes ran on TV hundreds of times for years and NOW you're ashamed of 'em? Come oooonnnn, it's history, bro, and it's money in your pocket.

"MTV destroyed the original tapes". Suuuuuure they did, nitz. They still have the master tapes of every f***in' Grim Reaper music video ever made but they trashed their Beavis and Butt-Head masters. I buy that. Uh-huh.
Are you saying it's a really good bootleg?

I actually have a copy of it too. I got it from some guy selling it on eBay back in 2003. I've even wondered if my copy might be a bootleg too. I can tell you that people have bought those multi-season sets of Power Rangers only to find out that what they got were bootlegs. So that's why I've been spreading the word, and telling people not to get them from eBay sellers, or even Amazon marketplace sellers.

Apparently, Mike Judge isn't at all interested in doing a complete series release. All he gave us were his favorite episodes in three sets back in 2005 and 2006, and some of the episodes have things taken out of them. Lame. In 2002 and 2003, Time-Life started selling DVDs which were actually the same home video releases that were put out on VHS back in the day. Mike Judge says he didn't even approve of them doing that. I'd really like to have a complete series release, but then I won't even get to go on a date with Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #3096
Leo656
The Franchise

Yes, it's a well-done bootleg I was just trying to be diplomatic about it. She didn't pay a lot for it so it's not like she got ripped off, although the fact that it wasn't the usual $100 asking price should've tipped her off.

I'm well familiar with Judge being "embarrassed" about the quality of the earlier episodes and thus his refusal to release them. He basically says as much in the Special Features on the official DVDs. He goes on and on about how awful they were and how much he personally hated them and can't understand why anyone would ever want to see them again... then realizes he's coming dangerously close to insulting his own fanbase, so shifts gears to "Uh, I also think MTV destroyed them so I couldn't give them to you if I wanted to." Uh huh.

It's just because he caught the George Lucas "Creator's Vision" disease, wanting to have total control over how people see/experience his work, and all earlier, rougher material must be stricken from the record, lest people think they were ever anything less than "Perfect" at creating things. Really annoying.

Ultimately though Judge himself isn't the biggest fan of the franchise anyway so that's also a factor. I always find it kinda weird when people get rich and famous creating something and then it comes out they never really cared much for it and almost wish they never did it. Judge with B&B, Laird with TMNT, etc.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #3097
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Yes, it's a well-done bootleg I was just trying to be diplomatic about it. She didn't pay a lot for it so it's not like she got ripped off, although the fact that it wasn't the usual $100 asking price should've tipped her off.

I'm well familiar with Judge being "embarrassed" about the quality of the earlier episodes and thus his refusal to release them. He basically says as much in the Special Features on the official DVDs. He goes on and on about how awful they were and how much he personally hated them and can't understand why anyone would ever want to see them again... then realizes he's coming dangerously close to insulting his own fanbase, so shifts gears to "Uh, I also think MTV destroyed them so I couldn't give them to you if I wanted to." Uh huh.

It's just because he caught the George Lucas "Creator's Vision" disease, wanting to have total control over how people see/experience his work, and all earlier, rougher material must be stricken from the record, lest people think they were ever anything less than "Perfect" at creating things. Really annoying.

Ultimately though Judge himself isn't the biggest fan of the franchise anyway so that's also a factor. I always find it kinda weird when people get rich and famous creating something and then it comes out they never really cared much for it and almost wish they never did it. Judge with B&B, Laird with TMNT, etc.
I think I paid almost half that price when I got my copy. I got it from an eBay seller in Canada.

I think I remember seeing Mike Judge say that stuff in one of the special features. If he's really ashamed of even doing this show, then that's too bad. I guess it was trashy TV, but it was just something that was a part of my youth and I'm still a fan of it to this day.

I once took advantage of someone's offer on eBay where they were selling all of the episodes and they were personal recordings. The seller said that they were good quality, but when I got them, they really weren't all that great. Not only that, but five episodes were missing. I should have known this, but it's illegal to even obtain episodes that way. I learned that when someone said he bought someone's complete recordings of of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and he said that the picture quality was so bad that he got a headache from watching them. So I guess you just live and you learn.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #3098
Leo656
The Franchise

To be fair I think it's mostly just the earliest season and a half of B&B that he's embarrassed by, and I get it, but people liked that show *because* it was cheap and "crappy" and all that. Clearly people's standards have always been lowered a tad when it comes to enjoying that show. I just wish he could separate himself from the material and let the fans get what they want. Nobody ever wants an incomplete set of episodes of ANY show, that's just how it is.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:45 PM   #3099
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Jimi: All Is by My Side

My first DVD/Blu-ray of the year. I thought I wasn't going to get anything until next month, but I forgot about this one.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:15 AM   #3100
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

just got 2 more ghibli movies

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote