The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #1441
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So, the eggnog, a few questions about that.
  1. Mikey did not seem to know what eggnog consisted of, could his "eggnog" actually be considered eggnog?
  2. If it was indeed real eggnog, could Herman's addition to it be considered excessive?
  3. Will Herman and Hun attend the same AA meeting?
I'm glad we're hitting the real important questions before the end of the year.

I would imagine it's nowhere near what would be considered traditional eggnog. I'm sure Herman made it a little excessive. And hopefully this is just a rare "holiday time" indulgence for Herman and won't necessitate AA.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #1442
neatoman
Emperor

Hehe, I actually do have some real questions though:
  1. Where did the idea of Woody having a crush on Angel come from?
  2. Peaking of Herman, hermit crabs grow out of their shells and constantly need to find new ones, does that mean Herman is eventually going to grow out of his garbage container?
  3. Will Hob take Herman's advice and "contract more crabs"? (Not in the joke way of course, that'd be gross)
  4. By the way, why isn't Hob there? Is he still mad at Mikey?
  5. How long have Bishop been monitoring the Turtles? Since we first saw Winter or has this been going on for an even longer time?
  6. Something I noticed that was kind of weird, how was Jimmy (a regular pigeon) able to tell Pete... Well... Anything?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #1443
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hehe, I actually do have some real questions though:
  1. Where did the idea of Woody having a crush on Angel come from?
  2. Peaking of Herman, hermit crabs grow out of their shells and constantly need to find new ones, does that mean Herman is eventually going to grow out of his garbage container?
  3. Will Hob take Herman's advice and "contract more crabs"? (Not in the joke way of course, that'd be gross)
  4. By the way, why isn't Hob there? Is he still mad at Mikey?
  5. How long have Bishop been monitoring the Turtles? Since we first saw Winter or has this been going on for an even longer time?
  6. Something I noticed that was kind of weird, how was Jimmy (a regular pigeon) able to tell Pete... Well... Anything?
1. That's all Tom, you'd have to ask him.
2. Maybe! It's something i've thought about a little, but no real plans for that at this time.
3. No plans at this time! Maybe one day.
4. Check out next week's Universe #5 to see what Hob is up to on this very night of story!
5. Not something I can really divulge at this time.
6. One would suspect that Pete can still understand "pigeon". As with everything with Pete, it's pretty silly and best not examined too closely for scientific authenticity.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #1444
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, thanks for an amazing #65. Heartwarming, charming, and just freaking delightful.

Question: are we ever going to see John and Mary O'Neil officially meet the Turtles and Splinter?
Old 12-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #1445
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

How come Alopex wasn't in Christmas issue #65?
Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #1446
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Bobby I got to thank you and everyone involved with #65, I can't tell you how absolutely fun it was to read. It was really fantastic seeing all of these characters enjoying some well deserved downtime. Woody was really shined in this episode and the epilogue was perfect. Happy Holidays!
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #1447
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Bruh just read the book already. Every question I've seen you ask about this issue would have been answered in issues past.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:53 AM   #1448
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Bruh just read the book already. Every question I've seen you ask about this issue would have been answered in issues past.
I don't have time to read every issue from the past.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #1449
AlessandraDC
Thug

I loved #65!! So much fun and a much needed break from the craziness that have been their lives. I really enjoyed getting a sneak peek at their bedrooms too! It was neat to see all their individual personalities reflected in their rooms. I noticed that Leo had a piece of his City Fall armor. Was that just something Santolouco threw in or was there any significance?
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 AM   #1450
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, thanks for an amazing #65. Heartwarming, charming, and just freaking delightful.

Question: are we ever going to see John and Mary O'Neil officially meet the Turtles and Splinter?
Thanks! Maybe one day. Hasn't really been relevant. I imagine they probably met off-panel during the Northampton story arc. Mrs. O'Neil saw Koya and Leo tumble out the bard I seem to recall...
Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 AM   #1451
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
She's not in NYC. Check out the next issue to see what's up with her!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #1452
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
I loved #65!! So much fun and a much needed break from the craziness that have been their lives. I really enjoyed getting a sneak peek at their bedrooms too! It was neat to see all their individual personalities reflected in their rooms. I noticed that Leo had a piece of his City Fall armor. Was that just something Santolouco threw in or was there any significance?
Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed #65, that's a pleasant surprise. I mean, we liked it, but weren't sure how folks would react to such a "down time" issue. Heartening to hear, and happy holidays to everyone from us at IDW too!

Ha, I never noticed the armor until you just pointed it out! Just an added detail from Mateus, certainly not foreshadowing or anything from Tom or I. It should be noted that the look of the rooms is largely all Mateus. Tom had some prompts in the script, but Mateus went to town there, as with the rest of the issue.

Here's the script for that page if anyone is curious:

Spoiler:

Panel 1: We start our epilogue. The party is over. The guests have left. The place is a wreck.

1. CAPTION (TEXT): Epilogue.

Panel 2: We cut to Raph’s room. He’s asleep on his bed, Pepperoni curled up next to him. His barbells and other Raph-like things are lying on the floor nearby. We are seeing this entire page from a mysterious POV (to be revealed) next page.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 3: On to Leo’s room now. His room is tidier. Japanese artwork on the walls -- very Zen-like. Leo sleeps quietly, holding his swords tightly. Heh.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 4: Donnie’s room. He, too, sleeps. He’s still got the dark smudges on his face from the work he did on the roof earlier. On his wall is the famous picture of Einstein sticking out his tongue. In one corner of the room is his computer, which we can see he’s modified/upgraded in bizarre ways.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 5: And now we are in Mikey’s room. His room is the most like a teenage boys room. Video games, rock and roll posters, etc. He’s asleep. On his dresser, he’s left a plate of cookies and milk for Santa Claus.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 6: From the same mysterious POV, we see a hand reach out and take one of the cookies.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 7: And now we see the hand replace the cookies with a Christmas present -- a box in wrapping paper.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE
Old 12-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #1453
neatoman
Emperor

So this question is probably more for Tom but you can answer if you know the answer. I've heard Tom mention in interviews that he really enjoyed Fast Forward, and given how we recently had an arc featuring Fast Forwards character, I believe it. I'm just curious what he likes about Fast Forward specifically?
Hahahaha!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #1454
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That would be a question for him, sorry!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #1455
neatoman
Emperor

Oh well, how about this instead, how long will it take for Woody to stop being scared of Slash?
Hahahaha!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #1456
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Hopefully they got a chance to bond during this issue after a few cups of Herman-helped eggnog.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #1457
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What non-turtle would you say is your favorite?

We had a three way war with the TMNT/Shredder/Krang. Now we have a war with TMNT & Mutanimals/Agent Bishop/lady Null/Baxter Stockman or did I get that wrong? Its hard to place Baxter anywhere in this.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #1458
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I wouldn't be so quick to establish any sides or even declare that there's any war as of now. We're at the same place in the #51-100 saga that we were at in the teens in the #1-#50 saga, so still plenty more twists and turns and intrigue to suss out.

Geez, hard to single out a single favorite, but Hob, Stockman and Karai are all favorites. In the 'pure ally' category I'd say Fugitoid. He doesn't get singled out very often, but I think there's a lot of interesting things going on with him internally beyond just "good guy robot", which, of course he is.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #1459
AlessandraDC
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed #65, that's a pleasant surprise. I mean, we liked it, but weren't sure how folks would react to such a "down time" issue. Heartening to hear, and happy holidays to everyone from us at IDW too!

Ha, I never noticed the armor until you just pointed it out! Just an added detail from Mateus, certainly not foreshadowing or anything from Tom or I. It should be noted that the look of the rooms is largely all Mateus. Tom had some prompts in the script, but Mateus went to town there, as with the rest of the issue.

Here's the script for that page if anyone is curious:

Spoiler:

Panel 1: We start our epilogue. The party is over. The guests have left. The place is a wreck.

1. CAPTION (TEXT): Epilogue.

Panel 2: We cut to Raph’s room. He’s asleep on his bed, Pepperoni curled up next to him. His barbells and other Raph-like things are lying on the floor nearby. We are seeing this entire page from a mysterious POV (to be revealed) next page.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 3: On to Leo’s room now. His room is tidier. Japanese artwork on the walls -- very Zen-like. Leo sleeps quietly, holding his swords tightly. Heh.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 4: Donnie’s room. He, too, sleeps. He’s still got the dark smudges on his face from the work he did on the roof earlier. On his wall is the famous picture of Einstein sticking out his tongue. In one corner of the room is his computer, which we can see he’s modified/upgraded in bizarre ways.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 5: And now we are in Mikey’s room. His room is the most like a teenage boys room. Video games, rock and roll posters, etc. He’s asleep. On his dresser, he’s left a plate of cookies and milk for Santa Claus.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 6: From the same mysterious POV, we see a hand reach out and take one of the cookies.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE

Panel 7: And now we see the hand replace the cookies with a Christmas present -- a box in wrapping paper.

NO CAPTIONS/DIALOGUE
Very cool! Thanks for sharing the script! I really enjoyed the details that Mateus added - they were all very appropriate to how I would have visualized their individualized spaces. XD It's nice to have a quieter issue every now and then. It allows the characters to bond a bit more and in different ways. I'm excited for Campbell's upcoming run and check in with Alopex!
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #1460
ToTheNines
[sic]

David Tennant's charm puts Nick Fugitoid at a close second, but you guys definitely created the best version of Honeycutt in the Multiverse.

Any ways, I just read B&R Destroy Everything and had a question. After the events of Tales #7, we know Savanti went on to menace the Mirage turtles a couple more times. But you guys had him stealing an Utrom teleporting device and dissappearing instead of staying buried under the lake, frozen in time.

So did he "branch off" into a new IDW Savanti after the events of the mini, or is he eventually going to be neatly tied back into the Mirage universe (his next chronological appearance being the #46-47 story "Masks")?

And related to that, the IDW Utroms and Pepperoni seem to have come from the Mirage cretaceous period. Is that correct? If so, it certainly raises some interesting questions about the different predicaments the two different versions found themselves in by the late 20th century.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz