The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 05:50 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Whose Technodrome?

When we think of the Technodrome, we mostly think of Krang in the Fred Wolf Studios' series and Archie comics, or the Kraang in the Nickelodeon series.

But if you like the Technodrome and want it in other versions, can you imagine it belonging to someone else? Like the Triceratons? Or maybe Neutrinos or Utroms? (which would make it a good guys-base)? Humanoid Federation?

Or maybe a Technodrome operated by only by Earthlings like Baxter Stockman (Earthlings only, not with Krang as IDW) or John Bishop.

Or maybe someone else? I know David Wise wanted the turtles moving into the Technodrome at the end of the original series season 1 finale, but it never happened. I also know Krang rebuilt it into a spacecraft in Archie and Cherubae gave it to Trap, but as the Skullbuzzer it didn't have much Technodrome feeling anymore.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 11-02-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:15 AM   #2
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Y'know, I briefly considered having the turtles take it over after defeating Krang and Shredder in my fics, but in the end decided against it. The Technodrome doesn't really feel right belonging to anyone else. I ended up having them destroy it to keep anyone from ever gaining that powerful of a weapon.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
Overlord

Not the turtles, but I think a Triceraton-operated Technodrome could be cool.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
When we think of the Technodrome, we mostly think of Krang in the Fred Wolf Studios' series and Archie comics, or the Kraang in the Nickelodeon series.

But if you like the Technodrome and want it in other versions, can you imagine it belonging to someone else? Like the Triceratons? Or maybe Neutrinos or Utroms? (which would make it a good guys-base)? Humanoid Federation?

Or maybe a Technodrome operated by only by Earthlings like Baxter Stockman (Earthlings only, not with Krang as IDW) or John Bishop.

Or maybe someone else? I know David Wise wanted the turtles moving into the Technodrome at the end of the original series season 1 finale, but it never happened. I also know Krang rebuilt it into a spacecraft in Archie and Cherubae gave it to Trap, but as the SKullbuzzer it didn't have much Technodrome feel anymore.
It was odd how Krang was able to do that especially since the size and proportions were much smaller. I must have forgotten that Trap took over the Technodrome let alone it was renamed after it converted.

Thinking about it I can't really see the Technodrome in anyone else's ownership. Perhaps if Beserko took it over after after Turtle Trek and remodeled it it would have been interesting. Aside form that its hard to not have it in Krang's possession in my opinion.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I noticed sometimes in the 87 cartoon, they'd call it "Shredder's Technodrome" .

But yeah, I can't really see anyone else having it. It would like making Gimli the Ringbearer in Lord of the Rings. Or more accurately, the Death Star being created by someone else besides the Empire.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #6
Overlord

Triceratons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I can't really see anyone else having
Not even the Triceratons? Or good guy Utroms?
Old 07-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Considering the Technodrome is meant to be a weapon of mass destruction, I don't know why "good" Utroms would have it. Unless they were the Illuminated and thought they were working for the greater good using it, by eliminating anything they thought was too violent for the universe.

Triceratons, maybe, but in a more sensible comparison than the Ringbearer one, it would be like putting the Death Star in the hands of the Federation rather than the Empire. Or with Count Dooku instead of Vader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It was odd how Krang was able to do that especially since the size and proportions were much smaller.
That tends to be why Krang needs help with just about anything technological. He usually needed help with the creation and maintaining of the Technodrome. Either from Beserko and Shredder in the OT, or Honeycutt and Baxter in IDW.
(That's actually part of why I assume Utroms never developed technology on their own; it was adopted and reincorporated from other beings that had the hands and vertical stance to do it themselves.)
Old 07-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
pferreira
Foot Elite

Can you imagine the TMNT just spending the end of their work days chilling out in the Technodrome control center, eating pizza, watching a film (or soap opera) while happily driving it around New York.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Can you imagine the TMNT just spending the end of their work days chilling out in the Technodrome control center, eating pizza, watching a film (or soap opera) while happily driving it around New York.
That is an interesting idea, I even think it was what David Wise originally planned for the end of season 1 until Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman had it changed.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #10
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
That is an interesting idea, I even think it was what David Wise originally planned for the end of season 1 until Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman had it changed.
Just thinking of all that random destruction with people running in terror while three of the guys are on a sofa eating pizza.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Just thinking of all that random destruction with people running in terror while three of the guys are on a sofa eating pizza.
That sounds likeba Robot Chicken skit.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #12
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Considering the Technodrome is meant to be a weapon of mass destruction,
Or maybe let it be originally built by Utroms, Neutrinos for good purposes, like planetoid mining, but later stolen by Krang, Kraang or Triceratons and rebuilt into a mass destruction weapon.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
That sounds likeba Robot Chicken skit.
Oh my gosh it does doesn't it?
Old 07-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Oh my gosh it does doesn't it?
Yes indeed. College Humor would be insulting but Robot Chicken would rib concepts within popular television which this idea seems to fall into. Can you see a technodrome playset roaming down the street of the empire state building in RC fashion? Don trying to stir it to the sewers but accidently sends it through the streets. The other 3 are too busy shouting 80s lingo and spinning in chairs to notice Don's dilema.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #15
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yes indeed. College Humor would be insulting but Robot Chicken would rib concepts within popular television which this idea seems to fall into. Can you see a technodrome playset roaming down the street of the empire state building in RC fashion? Don trying to stir it to the sewers but accidently sends it through the streets. The other 3 are too busy shouting 80s lingo and spinning in chairs to notice Don's dilema.
Maybe the Turtles are best suited in the lair...
Old 07-14-2018, 03:43 AM   #16
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
That's correct

https://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot...fred-wolf.html