The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

Is the 2007 movie part of the trilogy?

No. Because of turtles forever, their lair got destroyed and now they need a new one. Also the design. And the big thing is where is venues
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I believe it is, but in the same sense that Superman Returns is a continuation of the first two films.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Why would you phrase that as a question when you just reject the notion?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

What the hell are you even talking about? Sounds like you're mixing up several different iterations of TMNT...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And there's also this:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55684
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #6
sdp
-

You are right it can't be because Mikey won the battle Nexus so how exactly do the Kraang drop the mutagen bomb and eliminate the population of the world if we see they are fine when they beat Krang in Out of the Shadows.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

It seemed that it was suppose to be in canon with the original trilogy. I believe I remembered that someone in the animation that Splinter was suppose to even be missing a piece of his ear.

You can take it either way, kind of how like Next Mutation (outside of Shredder) seemed to be kind of a continuation. I mean wasn't the lair suppose to be set up the same as the lair in the live action movies?

Personally I do consider it as part of the continuation. Doesn't hurt any of the films if you do count it
Old 11-10-2018, 04:46 AM   #8
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I believe I remembered that someone in the animation that Splinter was suppose to even be missing a piece of his ear.
The director said it. In fact, I'm fairly certain he said it on this forum. He said it was considered, but they ultimately decided against it.

For a time, he answered questions leading up to the release. I asked if there would be any hints or nods to the original scores and he said, paraphrasing, "Nah, there won't be any hip/hop." I guess he confused Partners N Krime, MC Hammer, and Vanilla Ice with the score?
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #9
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I'd like to think it's a spiritual successor even though it has "trophies" from the previous films on the shelf in the lair, such as the scepter from TMNT III and the canister from Secret of the Ooze. Also, when did Turtles Forever, a made for tv cartoon movie that was based on the tv series and not the films, knock a film that was in theaters out of canon? By this same logic, the Turtles had to find a new place to live in the 2nd film after it was destroyed (and the foot knew where they were) in the first one, so therefore it's not a direct sequel and a brand new story.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun 4: In Space (1996).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E5).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #10
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
The director said it. In fact, I'm fairly certain he said it on this forum. He said it was considered, but they ultimately decided against it.

For a time, he answered questions leading up to the release. I asked if there would be any hints or nods to the original scores and he said, paraphrasing, "Nah, there won't be any hip/hop." I guess he confused Partners N Krime, MC Hammer, and Vanilla Ice with the score?
This may be a stretch, but you can sort of hear the same notes in Splinter's theme from the 90s movies when Leo comes back to the lair from South America and Raph tells Splinter that Leo was captured. That alone really brings it all together for me.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Hmmm, come to think of it, the title of this thread makes answering "yes" invalid. A trilogy can't have four parts.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I believe it is, but in the same sense that Superman Returns is a continuation of the first two films.
I think that's the best answer. I remember Laird saying at the time that the 2007 movie followed the continuity of the first movie, elements of the second and ignored the third completely the latter of which is a weird thing to say when you have the time scepter make an appearance at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Hmmm, come to think of it, the title of this thread makes answering "yes" invalid. A trilogy can't have four parts.
True.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003, 2007, lock me up, mental health