The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #201
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I thought Will Smith's Genie was the best thing about the trailer.

Some of the sets like with the Prince Ali song were pretty sweet too, but why does every actor besides Will Smith have to have such a blank and emotionless expression?

Ancient Greek theatre masks have more emotion and investment, then most actors in live action Disney films at this point.
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #202
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Well, if what the editor-in-chief of TheDisInsider says is true, then Disney apparently listen to the backlash and will improve the Genie's look. We won't be getting a trailer for a while though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler Shuler
Don't expect an ALADDIN trailer anytime soon, despite the fact i loved the trailer, it's apparent Disney saw the backlash, and are working hard to finish perfecting the look of the Genie.
https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status...56075804966914
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #203
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't see anything that looks like "garbage", I just see... well, the exact same movie as the animated one, give or take a few costume choices. To be honest, it looks exactly like what I expected. Not sure what people want.

It's like, you know what you're getting with these "remakes". You either think the entire idea is a lazy cash-grab, or you think it's all brilliant.

I don't think any of it looks "bad" at all, just looks like the same thing we already watched 25 years ago. I'm on record as not being in favor of these remakes in general, but it looks pretty standard, to me. I don't see anything worth complaining about, other than, again, Jasmine needs to show more skin. But that's just me being a perv.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:05 PM   #204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, I don't get the backlash. We've known it was going to be Will Smith for ages, and there wasn't even a lot of backlash about that, only people mad that he wasn't blue in those early photos. Now they show him as blue and people are still mad.

Weird.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:03 AM   #205
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

There are a lot of copy/paste opinions floating around for sure. I think I've heard the term 'uncanny valley' about 100,000 times in the last couple of days. He's bright blue... how is that in the uncanny valley? It looks weird because it's a crappy effect, not because it's disturbingly real. You want to see something really disturbing, check out the fan attempts to 'fix' it that are floating around twitter.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:21 AM   #206
Leo656
The Franchise

Shouldn't it be expected to have a "surreal" appearance, though? He's a f*ckin' Genie.

I rarely side with the apologists, and I can't say I'm excited for this, but the outrage seems overblown. It looks exactly like live-action Aladdin starring Fresh Prince always looked in my head, from the moment I realized that was gonna be a thing.

((Shrug))

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#notmyaladdin, cuckladdin