The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #8341
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Psst- over here!!

In all seriousness, though, tell me more! Always fun to hear about new PC's.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #8342
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

We'd either have to deal with a very long commute through DFW or find some kind of online way to play lol . But I'd love to play with you!

He's a Minotaur, bard/druid multiclass. He escaped from slave trade in Skullport and is now trying to make his way back home to his family. His instrument specialties: A refurbished war drum made to look pretty, double bass, and bagpipes. His voice kind of has a Samuel Ramey quality to it. Big, deep, scary bass, and he knows how to use it. For entertainment and for combat.

Character alignments aren't really a thing in 5e, but he's full on Lawful Good. He's a big boy with a lot of air in his lungs and a gentle lamb in his heart. Kind of a Ferdinand.

And his name is Reznan
Old 02-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #8343
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Oh, Lawdy! Sounds like he'd fit right in with our group. And I take it your current group plays in Faerun? Awesome, it's by far my favorite setting (barring my own homebrew one, of course). I cut my gamer teeth on old school Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms. The fact that Faerun has some of the best D&D novels doesn't hurt, either! In fact, Ed Greenwood is kind of an idol of mine dor creating such an amazing world, and his work is one of the main inspirations for mine.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #8344
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yes, we're playing Dragon Heist! Haven't quite cracked to the end of chapter three yet.

We're really close to being able to open the Trollskull tavern back up after its disrepair. Made friends with the ghost of its former owner, too.
Which probably means from there, we'll be able to get onto the Hoard of Dragons Mystery.

I'm pretty sure this is the entire plot of the Zantharin vs Xanathar Thieves's Guild gang war
Old 02-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #8345
Vegita-San
Emperor

WPLJ, Legendary NYC Rock Station, Sold to Christian Media. ugh.

How One Man brought down an entire station and cost alot of people their jobs, all to grab power. sigh.

RIP PLJ. you where a big part of my child hood.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #8346
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sick, with what I can only assume is bronchitis, despite having not been sick previously, could hardly sleep last night due to the coughing and chills, and very bad timing with work.

Had to work today, a rare Saturday (because its after a holiday), and ended up missing out on some of the pay I could have gotten from it by being forced to skip some of what I was intended to do today, that would have made the more grueling work Mon. and Tues. a little easier. And if I can't do Mon. or Tues. that means it ends up having to burden someone else and I miss out on a chunk of cash I was looking forward to... Ugh. Luckily, I was at least able to do the one I had scheduled for yesterday and felt okay despite the cough... then went home and started with the fever chills. Bad, bad timing...

So now that I got a bill paid and gave this place a quick look over... goodnight.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #8347
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sick, with what I can only assume is bronchitis, despite having not been sick previously, could hardly sleep last night due to the coughing and chills, and very bad timing with work.

Had to work today, a rare Saturday (because its after a holiday), and ended up missing out on some of the pay I could have gotten from it by being forced to skip some of what I was intended to do today, that would have made the more grueling work Mon. and Tues. a little easier. And if I can't do Mon. or Tues. that means it ends up having to burden someone else and I miss out on a chunk of cash I was looking forward to... Ugh. Luckily, I was at least able to do the one I had scheduled for yesterday and felt okay despite the cough... then went home and started with the fever chills. Bad, bad timing...

So now that I got a bill paid and gave this place a quick look over... goodnight.
That sucks Indigo, hope it clears up.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #8348
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

One of my friends is in a wheel chair do to an accident he was in 3 years ago and has under gone physical therapy so he can walk again and the future looks pretty damn good for him. He can walk with a cane for a few yards but still mostly needs his wheel chair. However this happened at a mutual friend's house. He were having a little get together and my friend Matt (the one in the wheel chair) was out of his chair sitting on the sofa while playing cards against humanity with me four other of our friends. This one guy who is the new boyfriend of one of our friends gets up to use the rest room when he comes back instead of going back to his seat sits down in Matt's wheelchair and wheels it closer to the coffee table. Matt asks him not to sit in his wheel chair and this guy is like I'm not going to hurt it, my back hurts from leaning over the coffee table. Matt tells him he would rather he didn't sit in his wheel chair, and my friend tells her boyfriend to get out of his wheel chair.

This dude (who is a little bit drunk) refuse to get out of Matt's wheel chair and tells him if he needs his wheel chair so much he should be sitting in it and not on the couch. And this is where it got super awkward because who refused to get out of his wheel chair so his girlfriend and my two other friends had had to forcefully remove him from the chair, and he put up a bit of a fight. No one else really knows him and my friend who is dating this guy was super embarrassed and they left right after that. That kind of ruined the rest of the night. Matt didn't want his chair messed with because asshole people have messed with it in the past and broken it.

I don't get people who feel the need to mess with someone's wheal chair, for those who really need one, it is like an extentsion of someone's body that is necessary for them to get around. Yes, my friend Matt can technically walk but his injury makes it hard for him to move around for my than a few feet. And it hurts him (and he can only get around with a cane). The thing that gets me is that he had people break his wheel chair in the past by sitting in it and messing around without his permission. I don't get how anyone can just decide to sit in someone's wheel chair.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #8349
Vegita-San
Emperor

how can anyone find college basketball entertaining? just the annoying 'fake out' ooooooooh call whenever the opposing team has the ball is annoying to listen too.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #8350
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
how can anyone find college basketball entertaining? just the annoying 'fake out' ooooooooh call whenever the opposing team has the ball is annoying to listen too.
last year I was interning with my local cable access TV station and a few times I had to film my university's girls and boys basketball games and I agree with this. I also noticed that the boys basketball team is all offence and no defense and the girls basketball team is all defense and no offense, which...makes it a bit frustrating to watch.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #8351
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

not being able to have restful sleep in at least three months
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #8352
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

There are no words to truly express how much I ABHOR that General Mills cereal/Pokemon cards commercial. After having to try to quickly find the remote to mute it and that screaming brat FAR too many times while sick over the past week... by now, I could hit that kid and the adults who came up with that ad.

As if kids acting like that in a store is ever appropriate to begin with, yes lets now validate it as a "fun" commercial, esp one we can torture viewers with and depict that behavior as somehow acceptable. Grr. No kid of mine would ever be seeing those cereal boxes with those cards if he/she acted like that. Hell no.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #8353
snake
Disgusting

Link? I tried finding it on Youtube but it’s not there apparently.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #8354
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Couldn't find it there either (after looking it up out of a wish to grouch about it in comments). Only link I saw come up with it was via this site.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IB1D/general...catch-them-all

But if anyone enjoys listing to a kid scream a million times, there you go. (Or for better purposes, go find you some Pokemon cards.)
Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #8355
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Here I was expecting something more in the lines of that Japanese Burger King commercial promoting Spongebob toys
Old 02-21-2019, 02:06 PM   #8356
snake
Disgusting

Thanks, I hate it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #8357
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Here I was expecting something more in the lines of that Japanese Burger King commercial promoting Spongebob toys
Do I even want to know...

What the hell. I heard what I figured was one of those darn stink bugs that are such an fall/spring indoor nuisance in this area, I turn to hopefully shoo the thing away from flying at me...and it's a god damned giant wasp. WTF!! I assume a giant/European hornet, and apparnetly one must have gotten in and wintered over in our attic, but omg WHYYYY! And why suddenly show up now in February??! *cries* I don't need this, dammit.

If the damn thing would only have waited until Sunday afternoon when it's supposed to actually be in the 60s I could have just opened the window!

Freaked out (with a voice still somewhat affected by a bit of partial laryngitis so you know that was real effective) and ran out of the room. Got the fly swatter, but there is no way in hell I'm getting that close again and risk it probably coming after me anyhow if I try for it. Popped the end attachment off the little handheld vacuum... That might work, but after coming back in the room the thing has vanished and been quiet since and no idea where it went. Help me.

If it's what I think it is, at least those supposedly aren't all that aggressive, and I guess this time a year there is no nest to give it much reason to be, but still, what the hell, nooo... go away. Not looking for any wasp friends, sorry.

edit: Of course, leave it to me to decide to leave a little shallow dish of water at the top of the attic steps, on the chance that is what it was looking for... (And if it encouraged it to stay up there that would be a plus.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-23-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #8358
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The inept ****s aka The USPS. My Best Buy package which address has always been the same has now been forwarded to another address cause they claim mine is wrong.

kicker is I can't get those ****s to respond to anything. I've tweeted them nothing facebook'ed them nothing and I called 4 times but they always tell me wait time is 30-40 minutes.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #8359
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I hate pos people who nondisclose roof leaks when you buy the house and go against inspector for a shower leak repair and the gd thing is still leaking after a crap repair.
These people deserve to be kicked off a never ending cliff
Old 02-28-2019, 02:39 AM   #8360
Powder
So tired of this place

People who tout empty suicide threats as interpersonal bargaining chips.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote