The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #81
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Ah, yes. Specifically I'd love to see a segment interviewing Dan Berger and highlighting the old official website. Kind of a forgotten thing of the old days that I know a lot of people have nostalgia for. For sure have Dan talk about the letters he used to write as each of the turtles, he had a pretty fun ongoing story there for a little bit.

You can still see the old site via https://archive.org/web/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, beside the obvious of covering segments you were unable to or grazed over in the last (4kids, TMNT, Next Mutation, Image/Vol. 3, IDW, Nick, etc.), more than anything, I want to see the stuff that didn't get made. There were like 6-7 turtle flicks that didn't come to fruition or were radically evolved from their original concept.

Film-wise there's the first pitch with face-painted comedians, the 4th flick (with Julie Strain, Spyder, "the next mutation", cyber villains, etc. that one had at least 3-4 proposed iterations), the would-be John Woo movie, Steve Barron's 2000 Henson sequel, the Hallmark flick, the Imagi sequel, the John Fusco pre-buyout film, Blue Door, the list goes on & on. Next Mutation's second season was highly developed before being cancelled, Dooney's got a crap ton of concept art for it. & as far as animated series' go, we had two just prior to the 4kids cartoon, one being crude CGI & another hand-drawn (for WB).

Another thing that would be interesting is global impact & international off-shoots. I would be so hyped if you could address the anime/manga, as well as the many toys, all produced in Japan, with wacky re-designs & Sentai/Ultraman aesthetics. Then you've got two different comic series' produced in Mexico & the UK respectively (with the latter also having magazines & newspaper strips, I believe), among other things.

I'll also echo the "anything further to deal with the live action films" enthusiasm, especially regarding the first, though I'd love to see/hear more about the lesser covered sequels.

Some "What-ifs" would be really cool too, similar to the un-produced movies. You know, get Ciro Nieli to describe his original pitch and/or have the team reveal other ideas they pursued prior to his being brought on, maybe some of the Mirage guys can talk about things that never got off the ground (I know Berger had a TMNT comic reboot in development at one point that got nixed due to the buyout), refresh us on those insane concepts Playmates had for the OT, how Next Mutation might have been different (such as how they at one point had Venus in pink, then made her cyan, then made Leo yellow so that there wouldn't be two blues, but ultimately put him back in the classic colors [I think Donnie was in black at one point, too!]), that sort of thing.

Video games! Turtles In Time is such a huge part of gaming culture. At the very least you've gotta show that, not to mention how infamous the first NES title has become.

Oh, & I think a segment about crossovers would be supreme. Focus on Usagi/Stan Sakai, Savage Dragon/Erik Larsen (& by extension their partnership with Image & that series' creation), Flaming Carrot/Bob Burden, & Cerebus/Dave Sim (whose insight could be particularly interesting given he was the first to mesh with them). That's a perfect place to bring up inter-TMNT mash-ups like Turtles Forever, too.

Anyways, mad hyped for this! Good luck! Any ETA?
What these guys said.
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:17 AM   #82
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

So does the failure of this so called New 'movie' in Theaters right now has any influence on your Project?
I could see the money brokers pulling back their Investments after realizing turtles has apparently 'run its course'...
What do you think??
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:40 PM   #83
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Believe it or not we are hitting the road on the first official tour for this second volume of Turtle Power starting the end of this month! We will be posting things as much as we can, but not likely until after we are back home. This will be a stripped down crew.

I am putting the call out to anyone who might have connections to people they would suggest be good interviews that we didn't have in the first film. I already know who we want to get, so I don't need lists of those people, but if you are connected in some way to a person or persons who would be worth connecting to us, please send me a PM.

ROCK ON!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #84
Powder
So tired of this place

Exciting stuff! Good luck on your journey!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #85
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Bring the heat!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:53 AM   #86
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yes! Can't wait to see this all come together. So glad it's actually happening.

Party on Isaac.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 AM   #87
Alex
Foot Soldier

I don't remember everything that was in the first Turtle Power, but I would like to see more about the merchendise, especially the video games. Also information about the TMNT club that existed in the late 80's/early 90's.

Correct me if Turtle Power already included this. I haven't seen it in a while. Sorry!

Collecting mostly TMNT comics, movies and games released in Sweden.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #88
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Turtle Power Volume II is underway! We were at Bardel studios in Vancouver all day and will be for the next two. Bardel is currently animating all of the 5th season of the Nickelodeon show. We also interviewed a couple of stunt guys from Next Mutation which was shot in town back in the day.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #89
ToTheNines
[sic]

Hell yeah! Thanks for the updates.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #90
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Ya man! I'll try to post some pictures and an update every day or two, I hope people still check this thread! Since paramount took over our last Facebook page for the first doc we don't have a social media presence for this film yet. When we get something up and running I'll let you all know!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #91
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Turtle Power Volume II is underway! We were at Bardel studios in Vancouver all day and will be for the next two. Bardel is currently animating all of the 5th season of the Nickelodeon show. We also interviewed a couple of stunt guys from Next Mutation which was shot in town back in the day.

http://<a href="http://s304.photobuc...mw.jpg</a></a>

http://<a href="http://s304.photobuc...dg.jpg</a></a>

http://<a href="http://s304.photobuc...ok.jpg</a></a>
So, we'll get Nick TMNT and Next Mutation this time around? I like the sound of that, put some video games in there and the 4kids show, as well as some IDW and Archie and we'll have the full package.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #92
robb0226
Random Punk

Awesome, this is very exciting. I literally just watched the first one last week (I believe it was on Hulu). Look forward to it!

Have you ever seen a turtle get down? Slammin' and jammin' to the new swing sound.
robb0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #93
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Hey Hey! We are about to post some more pics from our time at Bardel last week (animation studio behind Nick show), just waiting on clearances.

In the meanwhile, here is the new Facebook page, like, share, love! We will do our best to keep it up to date while we are on the road this week.

https://www.facebook.com/turtlepower2/
Old 09-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #94
ToTheNines
[sic]

Very cool, thanks for update.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #95
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Nickelodeon has been great to us! In addition to the many interviews we captured with Bardel on the process of animating the show, we were able to capture the other part of the process at Nickelodeon, as well as speak with directors, producers, and casting agents. We are off to see more amazing people today, but here are some pics from the past couples of days.

Be sure to check out our Facebook page and help spread the word! https://www.facebook.com/turtlepower2/

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #96
Powder
So tired of this place

Can't imagine how much fun it must be doing this part of your run!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #97
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I hope this one comes out on Blu-Ray, only the 1st one was on DVD.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #98
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Yesterday was an incredible day that started off with the meticulous Trevor Zammit, Turtle fan and the sculptor of the amazing movie and video game NECA turtles we all saw at San Diego Comic-Con this year. Following that we filmed late into the night with the incredible Ciro Nieli, whose genius and the depth of his talent and love for the TMNT simply blew our minds.

Last edited by Canadian Turtle; 10-02-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #99
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

So awesome! You guys are living the dream, best of luck to you and keep up the awesome job!!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #100
neatoman
Emperor

Ciro Nieli is a genius? Isn't this he the guy who openly says writing girls with superpowers is difficult or something?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turtle power ii