Old 09-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #21
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Wow dude, just incredible.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #22
rh608
Thug

props

If anyone is ever selling this stuff PLEASE DM me!!!
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #23
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

just found this thread, great stuff guys
I am not much into prop collecting due to expense but this is cool
Old 01-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #24
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Posted a few updated photos of the chucks and shredder leg armor on the first post
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #25
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Thanks for sharing with us again tmntgeoff.

Wonder if NECA ever saw any of this before doing their Shredder and Foot figures? Some great reference pieces here for exactly that!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #26
Meow
Stone Warrior

Wow ... I'm pretty speechless, especially with some real awesome TMNT II gems. Pleasure to see such things - thanks a whole lot for sharing!

To those who own props like these:
What price levels are we looking at here?

How does it actually go down when you get new props? Reading as presumed most pieces have to be destroyed after finished film usage I also wonder what the real difficulties obtaining props are.

Besides that (no offense!) would you/did you try pieces on yourself? Eg putting the hand on, wearing a foot mask, etc.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #27
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Thanks for sharing with us again tmntgeoff.

Wonder if NECA ever saw any of this before doing their Shredder and Foot figures? Some great reference pieces here for exactly that!
I know they referred to my Katanas when they made Leo but didn't reach out for dimensions. Just details of the leather, hand gaurds etc. I post photos of my props on a movie props group which Roger from neca is a member of.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syf...les-toys%3famp

I tried reaching out to neca several times to help them out but they never respond. They might have been too far into the process to start over.

Last edited by tmntgeoff; 01-07-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #28
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Wow ... I'm pretty speechless, especially with some real awesome TMNT II gems. Pleasure to see such things - thanks a whole lot for sharing!

To those who own props like these:
What price levels are we looking at here?

How does it actually go down when you get new props? Reading as presumed most pieces have to be destroyed after finished film usage I also wonder what the real difficulties obtaining props are.

Besides that (no offense!) would you/did you try pieces on yourself? Eg putting the hand on, wearing a foot mask, etc.
Most of the props these days are either purchased directly from private sellers or cast and crew. Some of my recent purchases I just sent crew members a friendly message on Facebook and asked if they kept anything after filming ended and I go from there.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:58 PM   #29
NinjaTurtle01
Random Punk

your TMNT movie prop 'arm' & 'ooze cannister'

WOW..... I believe I just finally found (2) TMNT movie props that were stolen from me years ago. The above 'ninja turtle' arm worn by Michelin Sisti & the ooze cannister from TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze.

I can provide 100% proof that these 2 props belonged to me, with photos, dates and video. I also can provide info about these 2 props that aren't visible in these posted photos...to prove I'm the rightful owner. I need the current owner that posted these photos to send me a 'pm' ASAP please!

I still have, in my possession, a piece of the Michelin Sisti 'Michelangelo' arm that broke off the ARM in your photo...like a puzzle piece. I can also tell you things about the ooze cannister in your photo....like whats written on it, what color ink, who signed it, and WHEN it was signed!
NinjaTurtle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:23 AM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

The dude who posted that hasn't posted here in over a year, FYI. Not sure how you'll get a hold of him.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #31
frank_one
Mad Scientist

And now, after being accused of being in possession of stolen stuff, I doubt he will ever show up here again. Not an easy situation.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:50 AM   #32
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
Most of the props these days are either purchased directly from private sellers or cast and crew. Some of my recent purchases I just sent crew members a friendly message on Facebook and asked if they kept anything after filming ended and I go from there.
That or companies like Propworx are a big deal nowadays - selling real movie props at auction. I have a few pieces from the Iron Man live auction they held at the first ever C2E2 years ago now. Those are great ways to go with authentic props because they are guaranteed 100% legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
And now, after being accused of being in possession of stolen stuff, I doubt he will ever show up here again. Not an easy situation.
I hadn't seen this thread before it was rekindled here. It's very cool, although the whole "that is rightfully my prop" post is.... very strange.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #33
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle01 View Post
WOW..... I believe I just finally found (2) TMNT movie props that were stolen from me years ago. The above 'ninja turtle' arm worn by Michelin Sisti & the ooze cannister from TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze.

I can provide 100% proof that these 2 props belonged to me, with photos, dates and video. I also can provide info about these 2 props that aren't visible in these posted photos...to prove I'm the rightful owner. I need the current owner that posted these photos to send me a 'pm' ASAP please!

I still have, in my possession, a piece of the Michelin Sisti 'Michelangelo' arm that broke off the ARM in your photo...like a puzzle piece. I can also tell you things about the ooze cannister in your photo....like whats written on it, what color ink, who signed it, and WHEN it was signed!
The ooze canister (with the arm photo) that the collector posted is a replica and wasn't signed by anyone.

I have no clue who owns it since he posted on my original thread but you would be better off sending him a PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #34
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Can you post more full pics of your finished, redone movie 1 helmet?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #35
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgeoff View Post
-A BUNCH OF NINJA TURTLES STUFF-
In your original post you've got a trailer reel. I'm curious as to how you store it.

I've got original cuts of both the roto and scope trailers from the first Iron Man movie and I basically just keep them in ziplock bags with a small piece of microchamber paper inside - and I hate it.

I wish there was some kind of legit archival canister to place them in, but most of the film guys I know just say to keep it in a dark place in a box. At this point I'm considering going to Ikea, buying two of the smallest, most appropriately sized acid-free photo boxes I can and then placing each reel in a box after I line it with microchamber paper.

What've you done with yours? If nothing better than what I've come up with, then feel free to steal that idea...
Old 02-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #36
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
In your original post you've got a trailer reel. I'm curious as to how you store it.

I've got original cuts of both the roto and scope trailers from the first Iron Man movie and I basically just keep them in ziplock bags with a small piece of microchamber paper inside - and I hate it.

I wish there was some kind of legit archival canister to place them in, but most of the film guys I know just say to keep it in a dark place in a box. At this point I'm considering going to Ikea, buying two of the smallest, most appropriately sized acid-free photo boxes I can and then placing each reel in a box after I line it with microchamber paper.
I'm pretty sure Geoff uses the same thing for his 35mm, but vented poly boxes seem to be the standard amongst archivists. Linked below. I know for a fact Geoff and I both use the same vendor for 4K scans.

It's been a huge pain to find something similar for the 70mm positive FX reels from Ghostbusters in my collection. I keep all of my reels boxed in a cool, dry closet. The RAD original marked film boxes and cans are on display.

https://www.gaylord.com/Preservation...an/p/CAN351000
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #37
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Can you post more full pics of your finished, redone movie 1 helmet?
There wasn't any interest so I never posted any of my other props.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:36 PM   #38
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Derek would know better than I. Mine is just in the box it came in, then in a rubbermaid container under my bed.

I live in Seattle so the weather here is pretty mild.

Quote:

What've you done with yours? If nothing better than what I've come up with, then feel free to steal that idea...
Old 02-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #39
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I'm pretty sure Geoff uses the same thing for his 35mm, but vented poly boxes seem to be the standard amongst archivists. Linked below. I know for a fact Geoff and I both use the same vendor for 4K scans.

It's been a huge pain to find something similar for the 70mm positive FX reels from Ghostbusters in my collection. I keep all of my reels boxed in a cool, dry closet. The RAD original marked film boxes and cans are on display.

https://www.gaylord.com/Preservation...an/p/CAN351000
Thank you for the great information and link to a resource - I really appreciate that.

Do I need to take measurements of the two reels and order an appropriate can for the size?

Do you have any opinions on microchamber archival paper? I love the stuff for my expensive comic books, and I've archived a few 700 year old books I have using it as well. I've read that it's fibers leech acid out of basically any sealed environments, so it seems like it's a good call for film..... Thoughts?
Old 02-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #40
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thank you for the great information and link to a resource - I really appreciate that.

Do I need to take measurements of the two reels and order an appropriate can for the size?

Do you have any opinions on microchamber archival paper? I love the stuff for my expensive comic books, and I've archived a few 700 year old books I have using it as well. I've read that it's fibers leech acid out of basically any sealed environments, so it seems like it's a good call for film..... Thoughts?
Yeah, I don't think there are any specifically for trailers, but the 1,000 foot cans work just fine.

No clue on the archival paper. It couldn't hurt, but I'm not sure if it's needed. I use it with my art collection, but not with any film.

I should be getting a US TMNT trailer scan back any day now.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote