The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #141
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney has once again hired Christina Aguilera to sing a new version of "Reflection" for the film along with some other new material. It reminds of when Celine Dion returned to sing "How Does a Moment Last Forever" for the live-action Beauty and the Beast.

https://ew.com/movies/christina-agui...w-mulan-music/

Also, the reason why Shang won't be in this movie is apparently because of the #MeToo Movement according to a producer.

Quote:
We split Li Shang into two characters. One became Commander Tung (Donnie Yen) who serves as her surrogate father and mentor in the course of the movie. The other is Honghui (Yoson An) who is [Mulan’s] equal in the squad.”

I think particularly in the time of the #MeToo movement, having a commanding officer that is also the sexual love interest was very uncomfortable and we didn’t think it was appropriate.”
https://collider.com/mulan-li-shang-...ke-reason-why/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #142
Sumac
Banned

Nice going - changing story for the sake of Twitter ****.

Can authors working for the big corporations maintain at least some sort of professional dignity and integrity?

How long before we get to the point where questionable content will be outright removed from everything, because, it doesn't fit world view of some blue checkmarks on Twitter and fragile losers with "brave and stunning" personalities? What will left of those stories in this case?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:30 AM   #143
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

removing Li Shang cause of the me too movement is ****ing stupid. Li Shang never used his commanding officer status to force himself on Mulan. He waited until the end of the movie when she asked if he wanted to stay for dinner to start a relationship.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 02-29-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:42 AM   #144
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
removing Li Shang cause of the me too movement is ****ing stupid. Li Shang never used his commanding officer status to force himself on Mulan. He wated until the end of the movie when she asked if he wanted to stay for dinner to start a relationship.
But even if he did, it would have been a story-driven component. So basically even if Li Shang did do this in-story how does removing the character do anything to benefit society or the film or so on? I just can't help but feel that what we are seeing going on is all phony and misguided. These "deletions" and "canceling" are all false action. False statements. It's basically all a virtue signaling lie born of social justice gone mad.

Either way, now that we can see that they've mired this movie in overzealous statements and positioning, I'm out. Not gonna add my dollars. I'll watch "Hero" at home.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-29-2020 at 11:03 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #145
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
But even if he did, it would have been a story-driven component. So basically even if Li Shang did do this in-story how does removing the character do anything to benefit society or the film or so on? I just can't help but feel that what we are seeing going on is all phony and misguided. These "deletions" and "canceling" are all false action. False statements. It's basically all a virtue signaling lie born of social justice gone mad.
It is obvious that big wigs at studios don't give a **** about SJWs and their "ideology" (if compilation of teenage maximalism with marxism and idiocy can be called that).

I want to understand why they cater to the blue checkmarks on the Twitter? They don't bring money. They might spread a good or a bad word, but as Joker proved that even when the real media is trying to discourage people from seeing a movie it doesn't work if a movie is good. Considering that most regular people don't give a **** about what SJW kids are thinking, they should be even less relevant.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:29 PM   #146
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It is obvious that big wigs at studios don't give a **** about SJWs and their "ideology" (if compilation of teenage maximalism with marxism and idiocy can be called that).

I want to understand why they cater to the blue checkmarks on the Twitter? They don't bring money. They might spread a good or a bad word, but as Joker proved that even when the real media is trying to discourage people from seeing a movie it doesn't work if a movie is good. Considering that most regular people don't give a **** about what SJW kids are thinking, they should be even less relevant.
I'm just sick of the phony narratives man. The nonsense is so many ways deep that "normally operating society" basically needs to quit trying to figure it out, or quit assigning defining language to defeat it. Instead just continue to reject it without further explanation at every turn.

Birds of Prey - Ewan McGregor opens his mouth about "everyday misogyny"? Rejected purchase.

Terminator Dark Fate - Director making blanket statements implying that if you don't like his movie you'll be revealed as a terrified misognyst?
Rejected purchase.

Comic Book Industry - Forced diversity via hostile takeover and publishing patterns that imply a traditional readership is problematic & hateful?
Rejected purchase.

Gillette - launches virtue signaling ad campaign about "toxic masculinity"?
Rejected purchase.

These rejections need to keep happening, but needs to include any organization that doesn't start rejecting these overt movements themselves. And so, ironically to diminish outrage/cancel culture for normal society and fix the problem, cancel culture & virtue signalers need to be diminished by their own tactics.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #147
Sumac
Banned

So far SJWs are not canceled themselves all the way, because, a lot of people support general message about "social justice" and "equality". They don't delve deeper that that and don't see or understand how toxic and hateful SJW "culture" is, sadly.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:02 PM   #148
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
So far SJWs are not canceled themselves all the way, because, a lot of people support general message about "social justice" and "equality". They don't delve deeper that that and don't see or understand how toxic and hateful SJW "culture" is, sadly.
Exactly. Rejecting these products and this culture is rejecting the insanity but not rejecting a belief in equality.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #150
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

claiming that Li was removed due to #metoo smells like bs, it's probably more likely to avoid China's censorship so they can get that sweet Chinese BO.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #151
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are the first reactions to the movie following its world premiere.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...emiere-1283199

ETA: I wasn’t expecting people to say that this would be the best live-action remake with off the changes they made.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 03-10-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #152
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Mulan cancelled because of Coronavirus

Disney has canceled its release plans for Mulan (March 27), The New Mutants (April 3) and Scott Cooper‘s horror movie Antlers (April 17), the studio announced Thursday. Unlike No Time to Die and F9, it’s unclear when any of them will hit theaters,

https://collider.com/mulan-new-mutan...source=twitter
Old 04-21-2020, 02:12 PM   #153
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Just in case no one already knew, the movie is scheduled for release on July 24, 2020. However, there is no guarantee if it will open by then.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...a-year-1286854
Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #154
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A theatrical release for the movie might not happen now that San Francisco is targeting to re-open theaters in mid-August. Other major cities like Chicago, New York and Los Angeles might follow the city's guidelines and they are key into making money for Disney at the domestic box-office.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/disney-...ng-1202946549/

https://deadline.com/2020/05/as-san-...ux-1202946418/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 06-26-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #155
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Oh brother. Here we go again.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/06/d...ing-mulan-tm1/
Old 06-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #156
Sumac
Banned

At this point I have a feeling this movie SUX.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #157
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Oh what a surprise.

'Mulan' Moves Release Date To August 21 With NY, LA & China Theaters Still Not Open
Old 07-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #158
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney has now postponed the film’s release date indefinitely.

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-of...ey-1234699183/
Old 08-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #159
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

In another major blow to movie theaters, Disney announced ?Mulan? will forgo its planned theatrical release. Instead, the movie will premiere on Disney Plus on Sept. 4 for a premium rental price of $29.99.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/m...re-1234711185/
Old 08-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #160
CyberCubed
Overlord

Good. Hopefully they do the same for Black Widow, it's ridiculous if the movie is delayed by a year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chinese government, papenbrook triggered