Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #441
Jephael
That whack job behind you

That was the one where
Spoiler:
April got mutated
wasn't it? If so, I can see why it cost so much!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #442
jaymq
Hench Mutant

Does Karai's daughter from have a name? What is it and where is it mentioned? I keep seeing a name on a few other places and I've not noticed it in the canon comics. So, I 'm kinda hoping for a source for it (if it exists).

Last edited by jaymq; 06-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #443
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosandra View Post
Does Karai's daughter from have a name? What is it and where is it mentioned? I keep seeing a name on a few other places and I've not noticed it in the canon comics. So, I 'm kinda hoping for a source for it (if it exists).
If you have the City at War issues, it should be in the one where she dies. If she's not named in that one then she's not named in any Mirage book.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #444
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Is it truth that Donatello like so much coffee??? ,....I didnt read many comics, but it is a common point in a lot of fanfics...so maybe is it told in any comic??? Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #445
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
Is it truth that Donatello like so much coffee??? ,....I didnt read many comics, but it is a common point in a lot of fanfics...so maybe is it told in any comic??? Thanks!
I think I recall that from some Archie comic book, but I'm not sure.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #446
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
It's been randomly mentioned a very small amount of times... but that's just the kinda stuff fan-fictions seem to run into the ground.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #447
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Hello! Have you read the comics that were released with the jim lee´s tmnt figures? Are they worth reading? Any site on internet were i can take a look at them?
Cheers
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #448
jaymq
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
If you have the City at War issues, it should be in the one where she dies. If she's not named in that one then she's not named in any Mirage book.
Okay, I got a few lists that think it's Oroku Michiko (with the label 'Mirage Comics'). And I'm not sure where they drudged that up. Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #449
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosandra View Post
Okay, I got a few lists that think it's Oroku Michiko (with the label 'Mirage Comics'). And I'm not sure where they drudged that up. Any ideas?
That's bullsh*t... Karai wasn't an Oroku in the comics. That concept was just brought in for the 2k3 show.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 06-27-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #450
Jephael
That whack job behind you

4Kids f**ked that up by calling her Miss Saki!!! You figure Laird would've caught that little mistake.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #451
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

North by Downeast: Plastron Cafe vs Casey Jones miniseries

I have a question that is basically a follow-up to my Bodycount question (which I mistakenly posted in its own thread, instead of this one, because I didn't notice this thread at the time. Anyhoo...)

Okay, I know that both the Plastron Cafe 4-part miniseries and the 2-part Casey Jones miniseries featured a Casey Jones storyarc by Eastman and Rick Veitch called "North by Down East". What want to know is, what is the difference beteen the Plastron Cafe version of the story and the Casey Jones miniseries version of the story (aside from the fact that the Plastron Cafe was in black-and-white and the Casey Jones miniseries was in color)? Are they the exact same comics, just colorized? The Plastron Cafe version of the story totals to 31 pages, wheras the Casey Jones miniseries version of the story totals to 47, so did they just colorize the Plastron Cafe version and add a few pages, or did they rework part of the story? Are they completly different tellings of the same tale, and if so, what are the most notable differences, storywise?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #452
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Are they the exact same comics, just colorized? The Plastron Cafe version of the story totals to 31 pages, wheras the Casey Jones miniseries version of the story totals to 47, so did they just colorize the Plastron Cafe version and add a few pages, or did they rework part of the story? Are they completly different tellings of the same tale, and if so, what are the most notable differences, storywise?
Story wasn't ended in the Plastron Cafe because the series was cancelled. So there is colored Plastron Cafe version with the ending of this story.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #453
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Did the fourth TMNT volume have any other back-up stories besides the Gizmo one in #6?
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #454
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Story wasn't ended in the Plastron Cafe because the series was cancelled. So there is colored Plastron Cafe version with the ending of this story.
That still only half answers the question.

I would have loved it if this story arc had made it into the 2k3 cartoon series.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #455
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

In what comic was the word "Utrom" first used? I ask because the Utroms were originally dubbed the "TCRI Aliens" by Eastman and Laird, and I want to know if the name "Utrom" came during or after the V.1 #3-7 arc.
from here.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #456
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
In what comic was the word "Utrom" first used? I ask because the Utroms were originally dubbed the "TCRI Aliens" by Eastman and Laird, and I want to know if the name "Utrom" came during or after the V.1 #3-7 arc.
The word "utrom" wasn´t use in the first nor second issue.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #457
Powder
So tired of this place

No kidding, thats not what he asked!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #458
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I wanna say the short "Terror by Transmat", which was in Shellshock. I'll have to look into it to be sure though.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #459
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Are "Casey Jones and Raphael" issues 1 and 2 the same as "Body-Count" issues 1 and 2? Does the most recent collected Body-Count that Eastman put out via Heavy Metal contain the same content as the individual issues of Body-Count?

What issues are contained in the First Graphic Novels?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #460
Shred87
Hench Mutant

ok I didn't read through all 23 pages so I'm sry if this was asked...Just finished rereading City at War...I giv e up who is the old guy that they kept showing in the hospital?? I understand he was in the shop that blew up but what is his signifigance?
Shred87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions