The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
LGN-76
Random Punk

Am I allowed to like the TMNT franchise the way I want to?

These are my Favorites within the TMNT franchise...

Favorite Turtle: Donatello
Favorite TV Show: The 1987 Series
Favorite Movie: TMNT II - The Secret Of The Ooze
Favorite Game: TMNT III - The Manhattan Project
Favorite Comic: TMNT Adventures

I'm very happy with this setup, and I just want you people to be OK with this. If you're not, and if you come in here trashing me or try forcing me to change one or all of my favorites to your liking, then I quit. I hate opinion nazis. I'll respect your favorites and opinions as long as you respect mine...

Last edited by LGN-76; 04-17-2020 at 07:54 AM.
LGN-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

You have every right to your preferences in tmnt.

That being said though, discussions here would be more interesting if you told us why you love what you love in regards to each version.

The best form of discussion here is an impersonal exchange of ideas about how we view everything tmnt related.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:07 AM   #3
LGN-76
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You have every right to your preferences in tmnt.

That being said though, discussions here would be more interesting if you told us why you love what you love in regards to each version.

The best form of discussion here is an impersonal exchange of ideas about how we view everything tmnt related.
Thank You. With that out of the way:

-Donatello is my favorite turtle because I like purple and green, I'm a technology guru, and I like sticks.

-The 87 series is my favorite because I absolutely loved it as a kid, and I really wanted to get back into it during my teenage years despite the 2003 series being the main thing.

-TSOTO is my favorite movie because the turtles fight foot soldiers, Shredder, other mutants, and Super Shredder all in one movie! Plus Donatello really shines in it.

(This part is important to me because I'm a gamer above all else)
-The Manhattan Project is my Favorite Game because I love beat-em-ups, I can beat it on a regular basis, and I can play it everywhere I go. Same with TMNT II, IV, and Tournament Fighters. I also love TMNT I, even though it's not a beat-em-up and I've never beaten it.

-I've only read little of TMNT Adventures, but want to delve into it more and make it my favorite comic as it looks very interesting and also resonates with the 87 series more than the other comics...

I pretty much love everything about TMNT. I can't even think off the top of my head of any TMNT material that I don't appreciate.

Last edited by LGN-76; 04-17-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN-76 View Post
TSOTO is my favorite movie because the turtles fight foot soldiers, Shredder, other mutants, and Super Shredder all in one movie! Plus Donatello really shines in it.
It could have been much better if it had the original Utrom plot, abandoned for some reason.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #5
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

Ooh indeed. TMNT Adventures was a great comic.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:48 AM   #6
sdp
Winsider

That's a very safe list of things to like in fact I'd say it's as mainstream as you can get.

Try something like this:
Favorite Turtle: Venus
Favorite TV Show: Rise of the TMNT
Favorite Movie: TMNT 2014
Favorite Game: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
Favorite Comic: TMNT 2012 Amazing Adventures

Sexy Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

To answer the question in the title, yes you are. Your personal favourite turtle could be Zach, your favourite TV show could be Next Mutation, your favourite movie could be III, your favourite game could be Next Mutation by Tiger Electronics and your favourite comic could be some low effort crap that came a box of cereal. There's nothing to prevent you from liking these things or expressing the opinon that you like these things.

However, it does not mean someone isn't going to argue with you. Nor does it mean there are not legitimate arguments against what you like. And if you can't argue in favour of what you like without resorting to "that's just your opinion and I have mine", or throwing out obviously flawed arguments, then there isn't much point in defending the quality of what you like, is there? If we can't argue about the quality of TMNT products, why even have a TMNT forum?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Am I allowed to like the TMNT franchise the way I want to?
Who doesn't? Pretty sure every single person does. There's always going to be difference of opinion and debate though, no getting away from that. Just ignore anyone who actually wants to make a war of it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #9
Galactus
Mad Scientist

No you're not. You're only allowed to like TMNT they way I like it and only approve of one your choices. I'm going to need you to go away rethink your choices and get back to me. I'm going to need everyone to do that.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Do you have a form we can fill out? That might make the process easier.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #11
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

I think there is something for everyone here. We don't have to be afraid to express our love for the tmnt. Even if its something unpopular.

People complaining and disagreeing just comes with the territory.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Old 04-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #12
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
No you're not. You're only allowed to like TMNT they way I like it and only approve of one your choices. I'm going to need you to go away rethink your choices and get back to me. I'm going to need everyone to do that.
Well wait, I don't agree with any of them...so now you have to go rethink your choices and get back to me. Then the OP will have to start over.

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #13
IMJ
Mad Scientist

I feel like this thread title was written by that socially awkward kid in grammar school who would point at things with his middle finger instead of the first one and everyone was actually better off just not engaging with.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:50 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hey, middle finger pointing is like the caps lock version of pointing.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:31 PM   #15
Allio
Foot Elite

How dare you have individual thoughts and opinions. You could even be considered a human being!
Old 04-09-2020, 05:43 AM   #16
LGN-76
Random Punk

Something else I want to point out: I've seen some people on here bash the TMNT video games for being mostly nothing but generic beat-em-ups, but it's because they're mostly generic beat-em-ups that it's so easy for me to keep TMNT my Favorite Game Series!

Last edited by LGN-76; 04-14-2020 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #17
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

One day I'll get the TMNT tactical shooter rpg I've always wanted.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Old 04-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #18
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm very happy with this setup, and I just want you people to be OK with this. If you're not, and if you come in here trashing me or try forcing me to change one or all of my favorites to your liking, then I quit. I hate opinion nazis. I'll respect your favorites and opinions as long as you respect mine...
Word of advice: certain users here dislike if you take issue with their bashing of the 80's series or whether you see any value in that iteration other than a guilty pleasure. I'm not exaggerating, they've done this in the past and still do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I think there is something for everyone here. We don't have to be afraid to express our love for the tmnt. Even if its something unpopular.
Tell that to certain users here who feel it's okay to say I belong in a mental hospital. Yikes.

Quote:
Something else I want to point out: I've seen some people on here bash the TMNT video games for being mostly nothing but generic beat-em-ups, but it's because they're mostly generic beat-em-ups that it's so easy for me to keep TMNT my Favorite Game Series!
I know who you're talking about. Just like what you like, you're not necessarily wrong.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #19
LGN-76
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Word of advice: certain users here dislike if you take issue with their bashing of the 80's series or whether you see any value in that iteration other than a guilty pleasure. I'm not exaggerating, they've done this in the past and still do.

Tell that to certain users here who feel it's okay to say I belong in a mental hospital. Yikes.
I'm just gonna quit this forum then. If people here are gonna be like that with no consequences against them for it, then this place isn't worth my time. I'll find somewhere else to go where I have every right to be the TMNT fan I wanna be.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:26 AM   #20
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm just gonna quit this forum then. If people here are gonna be like that with no consequences against them for it, then this place isn't worth my time. I'll find somewhere else to go where I have every right to be the TMNT fan I wanna be.
Stop taking the Internet so damn seriously.

Last Movie Watched: Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002).
Last TV Show Watched: Castlevania (S2:E8.
Last Video Game Played: Knack (PS4).​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote