The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #2481
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

::edit:: oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by MrPliggins; 05-07-2013 at 01:44 PM.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #2482
mikedrummer27
Random Punk

A pretty sweet haul

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong forum

I've been collecting Ninja Turtles for about a year now, I started with the 4 original turtles, got them complete, then bought the turtle van, and found a few others here and there.

Then last weekend I was on Kijiji and this guy had 81 figures and a ton of vehicles for $650, so I jumped on it. Every figure was complete except for like 3 accessories. I was in heaven! Even the vehicles were all mostly complete. The Foot Cruiser, technodrome, and turtlecycle were complete, they were the only ones I really cared about, as I pretty much just wanna collect the characters and vehicles from the first two seasons. Figured I could trade the rest for other vehicles I needed

The only pics I got so far were of the actual item listing, but check it out.

There was a ton more I got, that wasn't pictured, big bag of accessories, card backs, parts of vehicle packaging, paper work, unused sticker sheets.

mikedrummer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #2483
whitefox360
Random Punk

Congrats, dude. That is pretty awesome.
whitefox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #2484
DVD
Mad Scientist

A lifetimes collection in one hit.
At $650, that's pretty cool.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #2485
astig
Foot Soldier

Congratulations! that is a pretty sweet haul!
astig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #2486
Nameless
Mad Scientist

very nice. Nothing too rare, but defiantly the best way to start a collection is to get your hand on lot like this cause you sure pay a lot less then buying each figure complete individually. Heck a complete Technodrome normally sells for around 100$ that i see.

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #2487
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Friggin awesome!

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #2488
raphfan84
Stone Warrior

Great find and at a damn good price, congrats bud!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #2489
Davin
Stone Warrior

Dude, think of all the fun you could have had tracking each of those items down individually. But seriously awesome score!
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #2490
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

pretty incredible, dude!!!!congrats and mucho fun with that!!!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #2491
Playa
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
10$ for a complete turtle com. Thats one of the best steals i've seen on here. congrats.
I saw this right when it was posted and considered buying it, but I'm really not into open box turtles even though I could have flipped it for profit. Glad you got it!
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #2492
Playa
Mouser

Good Deal!

I just got this awesome deal during the week. All 8 of these turtles for $100!! All of them are in excellent condition, AFA 75-85 I'd say, except for Movie Star Mike has a little bit of worn cardboard. I was confused as to why he was selling them for so cheap because he seemed to know all about them and their value but I didn't ask... Nonetheless, this is probably the best TMNT deal I will ever be a part of!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Good Deal.jpg (106.6 KB, 37 views)
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #2493
juxtapose519
Foot Soldier

Complete Needlenose and near-complete Killer Bee for $40 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271202780504

HOORAY!!

Collection | Trade
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #2494
Endurs03
Stone Warrior

While this is not TMNT (Sorry to all those forums police) I still deemed it worthy to share as some people do collect Power Rangers.

This was/is factory sealed. I picked it up for $3.00 at Goodwill. However, goodwill had taped/retaped one side so I grabbed it. It looked factory taped under the Goodwill tape. I had to open it to be sure...
The contents (will post pics later) are all in tact, never touched. There is a piece of cardboard taped over the styrofoam. I can see under this, and all the directions and decals are still packaged and the toy is in PERFECT condition.

What a steal! $3.00!

Spoiler:

Endurs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #2495
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedrummer27 View Post

I've been collecting Ninja Turtles for about a year now, I started with the 4 original turtles, got them complete, then bought the turtle van, and found a few others here and there.

Then last weekend I was on Kijiji and this guy had 81 figures and a ton of vehicles for $650, so I jumped on it. Every figure was complete except for like 3 accessories. I was in heaven! Even the vehicles were all mostly complete. The Foot Cruiser, technodrome, and turtlecycle were complete, they were the only ones I really cared about, as I pretty much just wanna collect the characters and vehicles from the first two seasons. Figured I could trade the rest for other vehicles I needed

There was a ton more I got, that wasn't pictured, big bag of accessories, card backs, parts of vehicle packaging, paper work, unused sticker sheets.

Spoiler:

holy crap dude! sweet freakin score!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #2496
Rockvoanjd
Thug

I bought a Sideshow Mouser today for 60bucks, that makes 3 in my collection. I think I'll try to get 10
Rockvoanjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #2497
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedrummer27 View Post

Man... I need to start selling or something. I don't mean to be a downer here, but I've purchased almost this exact lot for $80.00 last year. It's not that I was "lucky". I've done it at least 3 times or more in the history what I've collected. I'm definitely happy for you, so please don't take it personal. I think this is the second post I've seen like this where someone has spent bank on what I see as a common lot. Either way bro, grats for sure. This is an addictive hobby. Stick to it, and be patient. You'll find sweet deals.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #2498
pannoni1
Foot Elite

24 Sega Genesis Games (12 boxed) for $25.50!

While not quite as popular as the SNES, since this lot had a Tournament Fighters game boxed in this picture, I decided to jump on this purchase. It's crazy to think that this is worth less than a single, cartiridge only Turtles In Time game when they probably sold more copies! Also enjoyed that there's an Animaniacs boxed, Wiz n' Liz boxed, Gargoyles loose, Alien 3 loose, as well as many other good titles including some that I'll resell that are already in my collection. Sure, about half are sports games, but those have "retro" value that modern sports games lack. Hard to believe that its been 20 years since the release of Tournament Fighters! Still, it's like walking into a thrift shot with a big sign that says CLASSIC GENESIS GAMES: $1 EACH and purchasing 24 of them, paying 6.25% sales tax, and nearly doubling my collection of Genesis games.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sega-genesis...nc#ht_25wt_959

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 05-15-2013 at 01:03 PM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #2499
jiggacrazy
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
Spoiler:

Man... I need to start selling or something. I don't mean to be a downer here, but I've purchased almost this exact lot for $80.00 last year. It's not that I was "lucky". I've done it at least 3 times or more in the history what I've collected. I'm definitely happy for you, so please don't take it personal. I think this is the second post I've seen like this where someone has spent bank on what I see as a common lot. Either way bro, grats for sure. This is an addictive hobby. Stick to it, and be patient. You'll find sweet deals.
Yeah, you criticized me for dropping $700 on a similar lot. I'm confident in saying I've pretty much sold that entire lot and have profited well over $2000.

I started buying a selling turtle stuff about a year and a half ago to pay for an engagement ring. I started with a $2,000 investment. I simply reinvested every dollar I made for a good year and made it a part time job. I didn't need the extra money, but it's a fun hobby.

Since then I've paid for (just off turtles):
$7,000 engagement ring
$4,000 downpayment on my 2013 Camaro I bought a few weeks ago
$4,900 in cash in my Paypal account
About $13,000 in inventory.

I buy almost every large lot I find. I'n the past year I've spent as much as $2,900 on a collection to as few as $50 or so.

This was all with a $2,000 startup and simply reselling yes, gasp, cough, mostly common figures.

When I buy large lots I pay roughly $3 per complete figure (that's about my cap)...I average just over $13 a figure (nearly every figure I've sold is on a spread sheet). This excludes playsets, vehicles, etc. While I do buy/sell those, I typically avoid them simply due to 1/4 of my basement being filled with crap.

That being said, I'm currently trying to get rid of most my stuff since I originally only set out for an engagement ring and my time doesn't really permit it. Plus my fiance, friends, and family make fun of me a lot because they think I've become obsessed. lol...plus I kinda want my basement back.

The only figures I will for sure keep are my complete and mint soft heads. I have 13 sets of the OG 4, 9 soft head shredders, 13 soft head bebops, 17 soft head rocksteadys, and 23 soft head Splinters. Actually, now that I think about it, that's pretty sick...not in a good way. Thinking some of those should go too. lol
jiggacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #2500
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Would getting Krang's Android Body from the vintage TMNT line for around $60 be considered a steal?

I got him complete off ebay just throwing a bid of $54 dollars as it was in it's final hour and today I saw I won.

So with this win I only have a few figures (within reason price wise) left to get in the vintage line. Toon Burne, Irma, and Vernon, Monty Moose, King Lionheart, Antrax, and Half Court... I'd like Scratch and Hot Spot, but I'm not made of a lot of money just to get a couple figures.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote