The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

For a second I thought Cubed made his grant debut in this thread.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 AM   #22
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The problem today is in trying to show the stupidity of the left is you end up with only finding the stupidity of the right and vice-versa.
This ain't a problem, it's what should be happening.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, this isn't right and it's very unfair for all of the girls out there who have been on the team for a long time. This sort of thing is unacceptable and the school should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #24
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Because that comment was totally necessary.

http://i.imgur.com/OxKE3iz.jpg?1

Someone hand me a katana and hold my invisible earrings...
Well, it's true... In a majority of sports or athletic events (not all but most), men do perform better than women because of the physiological differences. I don't know why your feelings are getting so upset over facts.

...But if someone's foolish enough to superficially believe that better athletic performance, somehow directly equates to making them a "better" person, then that's their problem.

Quote:
*cough*
You're taking the phrase out of context.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Well, at least he uses sources in the video on the topic, unlike yourself who just throws insults to any thread on people who you disagree with.
I'm joking (or in your opinion "insulting") about the topic at hand, and mentioning that at least sources are being brought into the discussion in the video, instead of just casually insulting individual members who are discussing the topic from the beginning.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #25
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The average man maybe stronger than the average woman now, but that was not always the case. And it might not be the case in the future.

Our hunter-gatherer ancestors had very little sexual dimorphism.

Also important to bring up, how women have not been allowed to participate in various sporting events. And how when women were allowed to participate, often it was with different rules so no direct comparisons between the genders could be made.

Heck less than a hundred years ago it was believed a woman was incapable of running a marathon. That scientifically our bodies were incapable of doing so.

And I'll be honest, the only event that I could conceive of a trans woman requiring SRS in order to complete in Wells be the uneven bars, for obvious reasons.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:26 PM   #26
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The average man maybe stronger than the average woman now, but that was not always the case. And it might not be the case in the future.

Our hunter-gatherer ancestors had very little sexual dimorphism.
Considering the effect of testosterone and other androgen hormones on athletic performance, in concentrations found in significantly higher concentrations in men than women, I would have to disagree on that.

http://www.healthline.com/health/low...ffects-on-body
https://www.hgha.com/blog/testostero...-testosterone/

Quote:
Also important to bring up, how women have not been allowed to participate in various sporting events. And how when women were allowed to participate, often it was with different rules so no direct comparisons between the genders could be made.

Heck less than a hundred years ago it was believed a woman was incapable of running a marathon. That scientifically our bodies were incapable of doing so.

And I'll be honest, the only event that I could conceive of a trans woman requiring SRS in order to complete in Wells be the uneven bars, for obvious reasons.
I'm certainly not questioning whether a woman wants to participate in any particular sport, but in my opinion, it's certainly not fair for women, when you have an individual who has a physiological advantage with a stronger developed bone structure (not just bone mass, but the angle of the hips for example, making a difference in gait and load baring activities), and quicker muscle mass gains and recovery, beyond the normal physiological bell-curve women have, then have that individual athletically compete with women.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Well, it's true... In a majority of sports or athletic events (not all but most), men do perform better than women because of the physiological differences. I don't know why your feelings are getting so upset over facts.
Clearly you either skipped or disregarded something I had previously said.

Quote:
Maybe many guys well never get it, but many/most women don't want that rubbed in our faces.
If someone's ego is so fragile that they feel the need to point out 'facts' like no one hasn't already heard it a billion times before, and aren't man enough to think "Hm, maybe it's kind of a jerk move to do that," then maybe they just aught to eff off and crawl into their safe space where they will no longer feel the need to manexplain it to people in order to feel better about themselves.

Jokes and insults have gotten pretty blurry in this culture in this day and age... It's so convenient for people to purposely be an ass and then claim it's "just a joke" out of convenience.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #28
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Clearly you either skipped or disregarded something I had previously said.

If someone's ego is so fragile that they feel the need to point out 'facts' like no one hasn't already heard it a billion times before, and aren't man enough to think "Hm, maybe it's kind of a jerk move to do that," then maybe they just aught to eff off and crawl into their safe space where they will no longer feel the need to manexplain it to people in order to feel better about themselves.

Jokes and insults have gotten pretty blurry in this culture in this day and age... It's so convenient for people to purposely be an ass and then claim it's "just a joke" out of convenience.
...And clearly, you didn't notice that's why I put wink and lol faces on the post to imply light-hearted humor. What other faces should I have put on there to avoid you being triggered then? Since you are already including profanity in your posts here.

If you consider a random internet person having a few posts about it, in an obscure forum site as "rubbing it your face" compared to the numerous other facets of life (outside of this site) that preoccupy a person in a 24 hour day, then it's certainly saying more about your sensitivities on the issue. Each person has a different composite of strengths and weaknesses in their lives that fluctuate (not just physical strength, but talents, mental abilities, etc.), and people deal with it.

Besides, as much as you may think in many people knowing about the physiological differences between men and women in your posts, you would be surprised how some still find it baffling that women aren't generally, athletically catching up to men:
https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...re-not/260927/
https://howwegettonext.com/is-gender...y-dc188150f242
http://feministing.com/2011/04/25/wo...e-against-men/
http://www.dailywire.com/news/6072/a...-prestigiacomo
Old 06-16-2017, 04:12 AM   #29
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

To be fair, adding winks faces or lol faces does not translate well into light-hearted humor.

And it's not just some random dude on a obscure forum that's rubbing it in, it's a overwhelming majority of dudebros that likes to continually remark and point out how "inferior" women are and all that "back to the kitchen" jazz. It's not you, but you may unknowingly be the drop that makes the glass flow over. So maybe less "triggering" and more annoyance.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 06-16-2017 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Had a bunch of winkey faces at the end, but it looked so douchey so I removed them
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #30
plastroncafe

I think there's more to athletic performance than just testosterone. Male athletes get more financial support than female athletes do. More money means more time to train means higher performance rates.

I'm not saying there aren't physiological differences between a body shaped by more estrogen then a body shaped by more testosterone, I'm saying we have hundreds of years of suppression to overcome.

Culture is one hell of a drug.
And the more egalitarian society, the more decreased human sexual dimorphism tends to be.

Also there are some sports right now that women excel at over men. Ultra marathons are an event that women overwhelmingly excel at. And then there's the uneven bars.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #31
sdp
-

So now women are being oppressed by men who identify as women in sports.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So now women are being oppressed by men who identify as women in sports.
Most of your anti-feminists shtick is tired and lame, but this was pretty good.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #33
plastroncafe

They're not men if they identify as women.
And I know you're being purposely obtuse by suggesting that they are.

Genetics is not quite as cut-and-dry as a high school level biology class will lead you to believe. it's a great deal more complicated then a Punnett square or Gregor Mendel's pea plants.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Aw c'mon. Can't we just give peas a chance?

Sorry couldn't resist....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #35
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
A few months ago I heard of a similar story.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...g-championship
17-Year-Old Transgender Boy Wins Texas Girls' Wrestling Championship
Seems like it's becoming the new norm. No opinion on it so far for me.
I mean that's kind of different, the transgender boy wanted to wrestle against other boys but was't allowed to.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #36
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
I mean that's kind of different, the transgender boy wanted to wrestle against other boys but was't allowed to.
Similar in that it involves high school sports and transgender students.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #37
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:

Genetics is not quite as cut-and-dry as a high school level biology class will lead you to believe. it's a great deal more complicated then a Punnett square or Gregor Mendel's pea plants.
In my opinion, unless someone fully transitions into the gender they identify as (meaning they look and sound like the gender they identify as and not as their given gender), then I consider them as their given gender and not their identified gender. I get that juveniles can't fully transition due to age issues, but even in that instance, I would consider them their given gender until they fully transition.

And speaking of that, this boy shouldn't have won because he is not a girl. He's a boy and only grew his hair out to make him look like a woman.

Women have their own sports teams and men have their own sports teams which I think is fine. Look at the WNBA and how originally women weren't seen as being able to play basketball. Heck, my cousin played for a women's football team in Michigan and even coached it for a time before giving up on it because it was too much work and she was getting injured. I think it would be cool for there to be women's football if they want to play it either in high school, college, or professionally.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #38
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
In my opinion, unless someone fully transitions into the gender they identify as (meaning they look and sound like the gender they identify as and not as their given gender), then I consider them as their given gender and not their identified gender. I get that juveniles can't fully transition due to age issues, but even in that instance, I would consider them their given gender until they fully transition.

And speaking of that, this boy shouldn't have won because he is not a girl. He's a boy and only grew his hair out to make him look like a woman.

Women have their own sports teams and men have their own sports teams which I think is fine. Look at the WNBA and how originally women weren't seen as being able to play basketball. Heck, my cousin played for a women's football team in Michigan and even coached it for a time before giving up on it because it was too much work and she was getting injured. I think it would be cool for there to be women's football if they want to play it either in high school, college, or professionally.
Agreed. This kid could even be a trans-trender, somebody who adopts the persona of trans because they think it's cool and trendy or is craving the extra attention. I've read elsewhere that this kid is kind of unexceptional on the boys' team, but on the girls,' he blew them away.

And besides, I don't think transitioning is going to be the easy answer he'll think it is. There seems to be this growing trend of 'If I don't have the stereotypical interests/personality/whatever of a male/female, then I must be the opposite gender!' It's like gender roles and gender stereotypes on steroids, only it's medicalized now and people get pushed into hormones and transitioning rather then getting to the root of exactly why they feel this way.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #39
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:

But she's actually, really a dude. He can call himself a girl, sit to pee and eventually mutilate himself but he will in fact, always be a male. All he really is is delusional.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #40
ToTheNines
[sic]

And you aren't?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mr.magazcaps, mrs. mazcaps, plastron goes quiet