The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you know anyone transgender in real life outside the internet?
Yes 9 36.00%
No 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 08:58 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
edit: Either that or there's a split personalty issue and the other one took over?
Probably something like that.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:11 PM   #22
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I never got the sense that it was a split personality type thing. Despite the sudden change and overt political outspokenness, they were just there. We still hung out. It was that he was a she now, and there was always this odd tension in the air because this obviously isn't what we were doing *last* weekend. Yet, in a lot of ways, it was.

I have no idea, man. Again, we all have questions and NONE of them have been answered to this day.

Not the most interesting or unusual person I've ever met, but they're up there.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's funny, first it was gay people becoming mainstream, but now nobody cares if you're gay or not anymore. Nowadays it seems EVERYONE is gay, so it's not a big deal anymore. Now being transgender is the new "cool thing" everyone wants to be.

I see young teens online only 15-17 years old saying they're "trans" on their profiles, and I see their ages because their ages are on their profiles too. What kind of kid in High School would want to openly declare themselves "trans?" Like makes no sense. If you're a teen how do you even know you want to be the opposite gender?

Man, times have truly changed. I don't remember people saying these things back in 2002!
I mean it's not some act. You can't help what you feel or what you are. If you're attracted to the same gender, you can't help that regardless of if the term 'gay' is mainstream or not. It just means years ago you were way more careful to hide it cause they'd probably beat you to death. Hell even nowadays that it's more open and accepted and whatnot, gay people still get beaten to death.

Transgender means you feel like you're in the wrong body. Everything about you that makes you male or female disgusts you and you can't help but feel 'wrong'. That was always a thing, but before the term had a name or it became mainstream, they would have just assumed they were insane or worse, just flat out know something is wrong but not know what it wrong.

ADHD and Autism are other examples of things where people used to just lock you in the looney bin before those conditions were better studied and actually got a name.

Now the one thing that worries me is the 'trending' stuff cause people like attention, they like popularity. While many suffer being in the closet, other people just think being gay or trans is cool and decide they 'are' since they're too young to grasp the world of hate they're putting themselves into.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-27-2020, 10:17 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
While many suffer being in the closet, other people just think being gay or trans is cool and decide they 'are' since they're too young to grasp the world of hate they're putting themselves into.
I'm telling you, in a lot of ways it's the new "cliques" of the day for youths. Instead of rocker, or skater, or goth or whatever, now it's the LGBTQ+++ game. A new way to belong to something, except unlike being a rocker, or a skater, or a goth, these come pre-packaged with a cause to fight for. Bonus!

I'm not saying it's that for everyone but I do notice it quite a bit.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

I haven't seen this in "real life" but I definitely get that vibe from some of the younger people I see online. I can see some credence to that.

Regardless of gender identity or anything else, when you're young it often takes a while for a person to figure themselves out. I think what's troublesome is that nowadays, if a person has questions about their sexual orientation or gender identity or whatever else, there's a strong cultural push to "conform" to being something. Maybe they are, maybe they're not. Maybe they're just exploring options and trying to figure something out about themselves. It's not the same experience for everyone universally. But for example, a lot of "tomboys" of a certain age would be intensely pressured by society to adopt being either queer or trans if they were a young person now.

I know a LOT of tomboy chicks around my age who tell me they are quite glad that they missed the whole thing, because they've always known they were straight and they've always known they were female, but the fact that they have certain masculine interests or tendencies means that if they were a teenager nowadays, people would be leaning on them to "come out" as one or the other. And they're glad they don't have to bother with that.

I had another friend who's a lesbian, very pretty but very much a tomboy, like outwardly she's a beautiful girl but she acts like a guy, she likes guy things, all that. I don't even wanna say "butch lesbian" because she's very attractive, but anyway, she's very "masculine" in a sense. She lives out in California, and because she's a lesbian a lot of people would try and persuade her to either be "MORE of a lesbian", like shave half her head or dye her hair pink or get face piercings or wear flannel or whatever - I'm not doing schtick, these are things people try and persuade her to do - OR, even worse, some of them are like "Are you SURE you're not trans? Like maybe you're not a lesbian, maybe you're actually a guy!" And she HATES all of that stuff. She's like "Nah, I'm just gay, and I'm already gay enough, thanks."

But it's to the point where despite being a lesbian, she doesn't relate to or "claim" that entire culture or whatever you'd call it, that group of people, because they irritate the sh*t out of her. "They just don't leave you alone," she says, you have to abide by their "rules" or you're not "really" one of them. She's like "It's not enough that I'm gay, I have to be their specific TYPE of gay and do all the things they do. OR otherwise I have to be a guy in a girl's body. I don't wanna shave my head and I don't wanna get a dick and I don't wanna march in any parades... why can't I do what I want in peace? But they don't let you. I don't even talk to those people if I can help it." She flat-out calls them lunatics and a cult and tries not to associate with them. She avoids letting other gay people know she's gay, if she can help it. She doesn't want the hassle that comes with it. She's fine with straight people knowing she's gay, they leave her alone about it. Other gay or trans people mess with her because she doesn't fit in their boxes. It's weird.

But to be fair, it IS California, and everybody out there is nuts. But yeah, I definitely see elements of a new sort of tribalism and "clique-ishness" in all of it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 09-27-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:57 PM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I know when I first saw the list of like over 1000 genders back in the day I just thought that these are personality traits, not specific genders. I mean, I'm straight and cis, but I also am not the most masculine person either. Just be yourself, that doesn't mean you're some random new gender.

That said that silliness and legit body disphoria are different things.

Closest person in my life is a second cousin who is somewhat androgynous. She came out as a lesbian a while back and has been posting things referencing trans issues, but I'm not sure if it's her way of telling us she's non-binary, trans, or just being an ally.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 09-28-2020, 12:07 AM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah it is kinda weird with all these labels nowadays. Everyone is living in this bizzare culture that's a mixture of 'be unique but just like us' and 'be yourself... but not like that'.

Also the victim mentality. Everyone wants to be oppressed. Everyone wants to be the bigger victim and be like we'll I'm more oppressed than you because I'm black, but also gay and also a woman, and etc etc, the biggest victim wins.

In my case I'm a POC, I guess, but I have been lucky enough to live a life where most everyone likes me. I get the occasional taco joke here and there but I have never faced actual hatred or prejudice of being told to 'go back to Mexico' or whatever else. I like NOT being a victim and see no need to parade around saying 'LOOK AT ME, I'M HISPANIC, WHITE MAN WANTS TO DEPORT ME, PLEASE PITY ME FOR I AM SO OPPRESSED' and all that nonsense.

I mean, hey, I'm lucky. I know a lot of Hispanics that do get called beaners and other **** and do face actual hatred and whatnot. But I'm been lucky and won't fake cry to earn victim points. And a lot of these entitled brats actually come from good homes and live in fancy safe gated communities and have never faced any sort of hatred of prejudice, and yet they still want to cry victim and pretend they're being held back somehow just to get attention.

That's all it really is. Attention. That person over there is getting attention cause he's black, trans etc. "Um, hey, look at me, I'm Asian and nonbinary and also oppressed, look at me!"

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-28-2020, 12:48 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Yeah it is kinda weird with all these labels nowadays. Everyone is living in this bizzare culture that's a mixture of 'be unique but just like us' and 'be yourself... but not like that'.

Also the victim mentality. Everyone wants to be oppressed. Everyone wants to be the bigger victim and be like we'll I'm more oppressed than you because I'm black, but also gay and also a woman, and etc etc, the biggest victim wins.
Hmm... yes, I agree.

Quote:
I mean, hey, I'm lucky. I know a lot of Hispanics that do get called beaners and other **** and do face actual hatred and whatnot. But I'm been lucky and won't fake cry to earn victim points. And a lot of these entitled brats actually come from good homes and live in fancy safe gated communities and have never faced any sort of hatred of prejudice, and yet they still want to cry victim and pretend they're being held back somehow just to get attention.
I mean, I'm half Hispanic but look kind of... off-white? I've certainly never encountered "systemic racism" or oppression. My wife is Korean. Apart from pretty isolated stuff (like "looks" from people in certain restaurants, maybe) when she was stationed down south during her Army days, she says neither has she.

But yes... "I'm a victim, too!!!"

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-28-2020 at 01:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:54 AM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

I've had several black people tell me that Irish folks are "White N-words" and I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about that.

When they said it, it was clearly a term of endearment BUT I don't think I would self-label that way.

Old 09-28-2020, 01:59 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've had several black people tell me that Irish folks are "White N-words" and I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about that.

When they said it, it was clearly a term of endearment BUT I don't think I would self-label that way.
Most of my friends are black and call me the N word endearingly from time to time. I never say it back, much (depends how many shots we've had), but I know it would be fine but still... just "feels" wrong to me. Exception is if I'm quoting someone else to them.

Also have a lot of fellow Hispanic friends. I see a trend... a lot of the lady ones and younger dudes like to call each other the N word all over social media and memes they make themselves. I'm certainly not the word police... but c'mon, folks. I'm all about "let's take the power away from words because words" but... they get the one. Just the one.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well as you guys know I'm a white boy so I don't know anything about slang or stuff from the hood. I follow the straight and narrow and do everything by the books and on the level. I've had black/spanish friends and co-workers but they never used words like "homie" or "dawg" when we talked. We just talked regularly all the time and nobody said anything about race. White boys like myself, we don't know anything about that stuff!
Old 09-28-2020, 12:02 PM   #32
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
If you said it on Twitter you'd immediately be labeled as Nazi, because, in transcult "everyone who say they are woman is a woman", also "if man dresses like a woman he is a woman".

If you want to know why or how this works, don't. Like any other religion based on fantasy and feelings, trans is an illogical mess, which contradicts itself every single step.
Most of my thoughts are rational. and thereforewould instantly be labeled as nazi. they don't come from a place of hate, just a place of 'this is how I see it'.

As far as this trans stuff....I personally see it as a bit of a genetic disorder. something in them makes them think they are something they are not. even if they go through the 'procedure'...most generally aren't happy with the result. and that should be enough proof right there something is mentally wrong.

as sumac said, if trans is a real thing, why no trans women in women's sports? cause they aren't really women and their man physiology gives them an advantage even if they wear a skirt. it doesn't add up and doesn't make sense.

But, you shouldn't make fun of people for their decisions in life. if you don't understand it, best to leave them alone. So long as it isn't hurting anyone or breaking any laws, let them do their thing. they have that right too.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 09-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #33
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
It's not the same experience for everyone universally. But for example, a lot of "tomboys" of a certain age would be intensely pressured by society to adopt being either queer or trans if they were a young person now.

I know a LOT of tomboy chicks around my age who tell me they are quite glad that they missed the whole thing, because they've always known they were straight and they've always known they were female, but the fact that they have certain masculine interests or tendencies means that if they were a teenager nowadays, people would be leaning on them to "come out" as one or the other. And they're glad they don't have to bother with that.
That's stupid. And is pretty much the same crap that bugs me about some media anymore, where the regular so-called "cis" woman can't even be the tough girl anymore. Bad enough that society acts as if girls and women only come in one type, and if they don't fit it then they must swing that other way, but that's pretty lame that others who are themselves not part of that cookie cutter mold go around still expecting some kind of conformity.

Just wish people of all sorts would cut the crap and just be authentic, just be their normal baseline selves and stop trying so damn hard to be some particular image or identity. The only ones really with any excuse are those whose job it is to put on an act.

Quote:
Well as you guys know I'm a white boy so I don't know anything about slang or stuff from the hood. I follow the straight and narrow and do everything by the books and on the level. I've had black/spanish friends and co-workers but they never used words like "homie" or "dawg" when we talked. We just talked regularly all the time and nobody said anything about race. White boys like myself, we don't know anything about that stuff!
I also wonder if you ever left the relative innocence of the 90s.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:42 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

Constantly stealing movies and bragging about it is the Suburban White Boy definition of "Gangsta", so I think Cubed still qualifies.

"Lookit mah sheeeeeeeiiiiit! Sh*t, I stay piratin' these movies, dawg! I be on dat Bay all day, son!"

You gotta say it like Seth Green in "Can't Hardly Wait" for it to have the full effect.

Old 09-28-2020, 03:35 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember, people, it's only a crime if you get caught.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Remember, people, it's only a crime if you get caught.
I demand you change your profile picture to Captain Jack Sparrow in honor of your views on intellectual property, copyright violations, and entertainment.

Or one of the ladies from that OTHER Pirates movie that came out. Your choice.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:16 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Jack the Ripper remains a stand-up guy on account of nobody ever caught him. And Jimmy Page banging Lori Mattox when she was 14 is perfectly fine because she says it was. John Lennon punching women around is really swell because nobody pressed charges and also, he wrote "Imagine", you guys. Nothing's ever bad unless you get caught doing it.

This is fun. I like shifting the moral goalposts around. I advocate Anarchy.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #38
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Transgender means you feel like you're in the wrong body. Everything about you that makes you male or female disgusts you and you can't help but feel 'wrong'. That was always a thing, but before the term had a name or it became mainstream, they would have just assumed they were insane or worse, just flat out know something is wrong but not know what it wrong.
I think there is a much simpler explanation for this, as opposed feeling like you are of wrong sex.
That is before getting into how male can feel that he is female and the like.

Quote:
I haven't seen this in "real life" but I definitely get that vibe from some of the younger people I see online. I can see some credence to that....
I've read about this a lot from an old school Lesbians and Feminists, that modern LGB groups is something completely different and unwelcoming to normal LGBs.

And this whole thing about "being more Lesbian" or "maybe you are a trans?" is absolutely putrid and horrid.
Person is already under pressure from homophobes and religious nutjobs and now people who supposed to help you, put you under fire for not conforming to THEIR stereotypes, which is absolutely idiotic, because, Feminism and the whole LGB movement was created so women and men can move away from stereotypes! Instead, modern LGB+ is just re-affirms them.

I've read similar story about famous Lesbian comedian, who was bullied by "friendly and accepting" transcult. They wanted her to admit that she is a trans saying that: "she owns them". And than there are trans who call Lesbians bigots, when they don't want to hop on their "female dicks".

Modern LGB+ is a trash.

Last edited by Sumac; 09-28-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:05 PM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

The scene in "Chasing Amy" when Alyssa's lesbian friends all turn on her because, as a bisexual woman, she makes a choice to enter a relationship with a man was really true-to-life from what I've seen and heard from my non-straight female friends.

I don't know how the guys act, but generally speaking lesbians can be very catty and unaccepting of bisexuals. They accuse them of being non-committal and merely "pretending" to have same-sex attraction, or otherwise treating same-sex attraction like a phase or a fancy hat. "Bi people are just too scared to admit they're gay", or something like that. They don't ALL think that but a lot of them do, and you're a "traitor to the cause" if you don't simply have sex with your own type. You're branded a pariah if you're bisexual and enter an opposite-sex relationship. I think that's pretty unfair.

It could be predominantly a woman thing. Women always find reasons to hate on other women, despite always talking about "unity" and such. The stereotypes about how quick women are to turn on their own is generally pretty accurate. They'll find a reason if none exists. "You're not queer enough" is a pretty dumb reason, but it apparently happens all the time.

I *think* I know more non-straight girls than guys, but I don't really know if the gay or bisexual guys I know face such issues. I suspect they have an easier time with it, but I have no way of knowing that for sure. One of the more prominent gay guys I know is married to a guy AND he's a Trump supporter. Figure that out. But far as I know, people leave him alone and don't give him a hard time about that or anything else.

Then again... he's like 6'4 and a solid 275 of muscle and goes by the handle "Titan Killer", so... I think people are gonna let him do whatever he wants, whether or not it conforms to expectations. 'You can be gay and love Trump, dude, just please don't kill me!"

We live in interesting times.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:31 PM   #40
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
'You can be gay and love Trump, dude, just please don't kill me!"
2020 in a nutshell

I don't mind admitting I like Tim Curry, Barry Manilo and a Tito Puente record now and again ;o).

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Closed Thread