The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you rich?
Yes I am very rich 1 5.56%
I am not rich but pretty well off 7 38.89%
I make average income 6 33.33%
No I am dirt poor 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2020, 09:39 PM   #181
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Quiet, you! That has nothing to do with anything. I've been to both 1990s and Post 2000 NYC.
What the hell, I feel betrayed.

It's like when Mushu found out the damn cricket wasn't lucky

"You lied to me?"

*Even though you never said you were from NY*
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #182
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

I live in a small place and i never drive , if i need to go to the airport i take the bus and i never visit neighbouring towns. If i need to bring something heavy from p.o to my place i ask my folks to help me but this is seldom
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #183
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
What the hell, I feel betrayed.

It's like when Mushu found out the damn cricket wasn't lucky

"You lied to me?"

*Even though you never said you were from NY*
yeah. i never said i was from NY... but that's the magic of travel. i have the ability to leave my state.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #184
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
yeah. i never said i was from NY... but that's the magic of travel. i have the ability to leave my state.
Travel is magic and magic is travel.

I'll visit NY one day and piss on the corner like the days of old. Tell random people to F*ck off, time to bring old NY back.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:51 AM   #185
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
Travel is magic and magic is travel.

I'll visit NY one day and piss on the corner like the days of old. Tell random people to F*ck off, time to bring old NY back.
it truly lost something when all the artists, freaks, weirdos and political radicals got booted out, in favor of the Bourgeoisie. Giuliani was a terror to all my squatter friends on the Lower East Side in the 90's. Some of them even had clearance and ownership of their tenements that they were fixing up. He booted most of them out anyway. made me so mad I wrote a novel about it.

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 11-25-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:05 PM   #186
CyberCubed
Overlord

The problem with having extra money on hand is...well, you don't know what to do with it. You can go on a splurge spending spree and buy a whole bunch of new things you don't particularly need, but then after you do that, you kinda realize you wasted your money.

As I said before in my late teens and early 20's I really did spend my money on countless toys, videogames, comics and DVDs and blu-rays. Then about a decade later I realized how much money I wasted buying all that stuff. Later I sold roughly half of it on ebay just to get rid of it all, not even to make money back (although some did sell for a pretty penny), and now I realize I'm pretty much "over" material possessions. I think everyone goes through a phase like that, you suddenly have a lot of money you never had before and realize you can finally buy whatever you want...and then later on you realize it wasn't really stuff you needed.

I don't know what it is, but I don't care about owning stuff anymore. I still have all my old stuff but I don't feel the need to buy new things much anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #187
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The problem with having extra money on hand is...well, you don't know what to do with it. You can go on a splurge spending spree and buy a whole bunch of new things you don't particularly need, but then after you do that, you kinda realize you wasted your money.

As I said before in my late teens and early 20's I really did spend my money on countless toys, videogames, comics and DVDs and blu-rays. Then about a decade later I realized how much money I wasted buying all that stuff. Later I sold roughly half of it on ebay just to get rid of it all, not even to make money back (although some did sell for a pretty penny), and now I realize I'm pretty much "over" material possessions. I think everyone goes through a phase like that, you suddenly have a lot of money you never had before and realize you can finally buy whatever you want...and then later on you realize it wasn't really stuff you needed.

I don't know what it is, but I don't care about owning stuff anymore. I still have all my old stuff but I don't feel the need to buy new things much anymore.
How big is your current TMNT collection? Have you collected nearly everything related to the brand?
Old 11-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #188
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Never thought I'd say this to another man but.....

Please show it to me CyberCubed
Old 11-26-2020, 04:30 AM   #189
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

Hey I want to take a nice European vacation ala cruise and business class international flights. Don’t know what to do with your extra cash, hook a sister up!

Joking aside, ever thought of donating or buying foods to donate to homeless shelters and food banks? Or doing the Angel Tree?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #190
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

Take the money you've squirreled away and prepare to invest it buy 2nd quarter 2021. You can't just do this on a whim so you should do it now. For example, you can't just open a brokerage account with Charles Schwab - you have to go through their compliance measures (checking boxes, sending them ID scans, all basic stuff but it doesn't happen in a day).

Then move your money into your new brokerage account so that it is ready to deploy for initial positioning during a market crash or correction which everyone feels is coming next year.

Normally I'd say that dollar cost averaging is better than waiting for a market crunch, but it's different when you are making a foothold on initial positions and you have the situation that you have. But the point is to create a growth situation where the magnitude of money you have now creates money that you can use.

And that's the bottom line. It's not that you have that much money, but do you have a nice little chunk. I would use that money to create more money for reasons x, y, & z.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #191
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

According to a recent report from Bankrate, the typical American family has an average of $8,863 in their savings account. Couples with children have an average of $4,727 put away. Single people under the age of 34 have about $2,729.

https://www.bankrate.com/surveys/top...eptember-2020/
Old 12-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #192
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
According to a recent report from Bankrate, the typical American family has an average of $8,863 in their savings account. Couples with children have an average of $4,727 put away. Single people under the age of 34 have about $2,729.

https://www.bankrate.com/surveys/top...eptember-2020/
Well Cybercube's in the gifted percentile for that test, apparently.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #193
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well Cybercube's in the gifted percentile for that test, apparently.
compared to other singles, he's way out of the ballpark. Rich maybe?
Old 12-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #194
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm not rich at all and if I started spending my money I'd be in the red. I don't make enough new money to continually replace the old with, so I spend my money wisely.

I do not take lavish vacations (I haven't been on a plane in nearly 10 years), I do not eat at restaurants often (meaning pre-covid) and most of the time I do it's a free meal as someone else pays for it since it's usually for an occasion. I do not drink or smoke so I save a ton of money there, I do not go to a Gym and I do not spend money randomly when I am outside. And as I said before, I don't own a car.

Buying food and public transit is already bad enough. If I really did start spending money on everything above I'd run out of cash within a year or two.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:46 AM   #195
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I've been horrible this year, but I've been tightening my belt and re-building my finances.

It's like Cybercubed said, you have that extra cash, it's tempting to spend it, though to be honest most of it has been spent on Doordash and GrubHub than buying stuff. I probably gave ProWrestlingTees more money that I should have, and please don't ask me about Hot Topic.

But eh, I'm getting there. Money is getting saved up again. Working OT and all that good stuff too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:25 AM   #196
CyberCubed
Overlord

People impulse buy too much.

Like for example I could buy a Playstation 5 right now if I wanted to, only comes out to roughly $524 or so with tax, but...I feel like holding off. At this point there's not enough games to warrant me getting one yet and I can easily wait till next year or even longer.

Same thing with phones...I'm still on the iphone 6 and they're up to the 12 already! I don't see a reason to upgrade my phone so I don't bother. There's people out there who literally buy a new phone every single year and I don't understand that.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:30 AM   #197
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
People impulse buy too much.

Like for example I could buy a Playstation 5 right now if I wanted to, only comes out to roughly $524 or so with tax, but...I feel like holding off. At this point there's not enough games to warrant me getting one yet and I can easily wait till next year or even longer.

Same thing with phones...I'm still on the iphone 6 and they're up to the 12 already! I don't see a reason to upgrade my phone so I don't bother. There's people out there who literally buy a new phone every single year and I don't understand that.
That's consumer culture for you. It is a distinctly western disease. Most of Europe and the Americas fall for it. "Keeping up with the Joneses" is a mentality that I have never cared for. It's for weak and pathetic people. Remodel your home every 10 years, buy new clothes or the latest gadget every year to keep up with trends, replace a car every 5 to 8 years. It's BULL$HIT! But millions do it. It's a giant waste of money and only dumb people do it! It's all about status and "hey look @ me, I'm doing what's expected in this society."
Old 12-09-2020, 07:16 AM   #198
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I'm still on iPhone 6 as well. The only problem I have with it is the minimal amount of space, otherwise it's fine. I'm not one to go for the latest and greatest if what I have works fine. Although I wouldn't mind the newer iPhone camera...
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:12 AM   #199
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I'm still on iPhone 6 as well. The only problem I have with it is the minimal amount of space, otherwise it's fine. I'm not one to go for the latest and greatest if what I have works fine. Although I wouldn't mind the newer iPhone camera...
I hate buying cell phones, man. I won't even go to a Mobile carriers store anymore. At this point, unlocked phone from Best Buy, drop my SIM card in. Done.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #200
AquaParade
Banned

I feel that. I sort of want a new phone, but I can't justify it at all. I have an Iphone 6 which does everything I could ever want a phone to do and more. That said, I'd probably upgrade at this point if it wasn't such a pain in the ass. All that contract ******** and reading between the lines trying to understand what you are getting. Not worth it to me, yet.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote