The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 01:28 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
What do you mean, it had a leach man, a guy with four legs, a woman with no face, a rainbow dwarf, a dumpy old lady, a flamboyantly dressed dude with a Tom Selleck moustache.. I could go on.
The more outlandish creature designs are varied, but just like He-man and the Masters of the Universe where the Lich-Sorcerer who's the hero's uncle is as beekcake buff as said hero. The non-cartoony humans have basically just one body type and similar clothes due to toy limitation and the way the show was made.

We don't see a lady with a similar body like Zarya from Overwatch or Glory from the Joe Keatinge's run of the Image comic.

If the show is less toyetic and more character driven, they could like make Octavia more monstrous then just a basic female stock model colored green with added tentacles and face fins, the tentacles could in a new design look like they actually are a natural part of her body. The body difference between Adora and She-Ra could be more opposites like with Adam and He-Man in the Mike Young show, and I hope we're getting a She-Ra that's similar to Stjepan Sejic's artworks of her

Spoiler:

But Shadow Weaver needs to be as untouched in design as possible, cause a creepy faceless floating witch with boob socks on her robe to show off her rack is too hilarious to pass up
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:08 AM   #22
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I guess it depends on who they are pitching this show at. If it’s kids - kids don’t really care about Glimmer’s inner turmoil, they just want her to do interesting things. If it’s old-farts who grew up on the show… most of us are too old and busy/lazy to watch She-ra. If it’s young adults or teens, then I guess they can turn it into Dawson’s Creek like everything else.

I agree with the Shadow Weaver thing though. I don't know what they were thinking when they drew that model sheet, but she's pretty special.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #23
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I don't have high hopes for this but I really do hope that it is good.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I could go for this. I was a big fan back in the day- even had most of the toys including the steeds and castle. It was actually of of the few girl-oriented toy lines that I enjoyed playing with regularly. Barbie lost my interest early on save for the outfits, but She-Ra! Now THERE was a role-model I could really respect. She was strong, brave, bold and smart, compassionate, and honorable. In other words, a hero girls could really look up to. I still enjoy watching some of those old cartoons once in a while when I catch them late in the evening, so this has me curious.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I hope it works out, I assume we'll eventually see He-Man in it just like Supergirl eventually brought in Superman.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:35 AM   #26
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

First look at She-Ra
https://twitter.com/hemanorg/status/942904437613395970

I'm liking it
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #27
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I can dig it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not a fan of the art style and Thor horns. And I guess she's a teen now? It's kind of an odd thing to say, I know, but they made the Princess of Power flat as a board. And yes, I know animated boobs are not important but can you imagine if some new show had a flat Wonder Woman or a flat Xena, who are two gals that She-Ra is often compared to?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #29
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume she's wearing functional armor.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume she's wearing functional armor.
And pants, apparently.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #31
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

One of the things I liked about 2002/Mike Young He-Man was that He-Man's visual design looked so different from Adam's. Unless Adora is a waif in this series, it seems like she wouldn't have much in the way of protecting her secret identity...and something about the proportions of her mouth in comparison with the rest of her face makes her seem brutish, almost ape-like IMHO. But that could just be a preliminary design. I am quite glad that it's in 2D.

I understand the emulation of that anime look, but it seems so...2006. Like this series went into production at the same time as Avatar or Martin Mystery. Weirdly retro, in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Not a fan of the art style and Thor horns. And I guess she's a teen now? It's kind of an odd thing to say, I know, but they made the Princess of Power flat as a board. And yes, I know animated boobs are not important but can you imagine if some new show had a flat Wonder Woman or a flat Xena, who are two gals that She-Ra is often compared to?
Wonder Woman's design in JL Action is simple enough to animate well without making her look like a prepubescent, but at the same time, she's not overly idealized, either.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #32
plastroncafe

Quote:
And pants, apparently.
...HA!
Unless it's going to be one of those cartoons.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
One of the things I liked about 2002/Mike Young He-Man was that He-Man's visual design looked so different from Adam's. Unless Adora is a waif in this series, it seems like she wouldn't have much in the way of protecting her secret identity...and something about the proportions of her mouth in comparison with the rest of her face makes her seem brutish, almost ape-like IMHO. But that could just be a preliminary design. I am quite glad that it's in 2D.

No, that's just the face she's making in that particular frame, which shows they'll be full with cartoony facial expressions.

And yeah, JLAction Wonder Woman looks younger and cuter than the adult Amazon from the comics, but she still didn't lose her figure or her chest in exchange of her being made easier to animate.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #34
Vegita-San
Emperor

The Image of She-Ra in the Netflix Promo image is MUCH closer to what I'd like to see this series look like.

the image above looks WAY too stylized for my tastes for easy animation.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
...HA!
Unless it's going to be one of those cartoons.
Hey, it worked in Ducktales.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #36
plastroncafe

Quote:
Hey, it worked in Ducktales.
I concede the point
Well played.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2017, 05:57 AM   #37
drgon78
Mad Scientist

This does not fill me with hope.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #38
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

"DreamWorks Animation Television and Netflix Reveal Cast for All-New Original Series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

Starring Aimee Carrero, Karen Fukuhara, Marcus Scribner, AJ Michalka, Lorraine Toussaint, Reshma Shetty, Christine Woods, Jordan Fisher, Vella Lovell, Merit Leighton, Lauren Ash, Genesis Rodriguez and Sandra Oh

For the honor of Grayskull! DreamWorks Animation Television has revealed the cast of the upcoming Netflix original series DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, set to be released globally in 2018.

*Aimee Carrero (Elena of Avalor) stars as Adora/She-Ra; Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad) as Glimmer; AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs) as Catra, Marcus Scribner (black-ish) as Bow; Reshma Shetty (Royal Pains) as Angella; Lorraine Toussaint (Orange is the New Black) as Shadow Weaver; Keston John (The Good Place) as Hordak; Lauren Ash (Superstore) as Scorpia; Christine Woods (Hello Ladies) as Entrapta; Genesis Rodriguez (Time After Time) as Perfuma; Jordan Fisher (Grease Live!) as Seahawk; Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Mermista; Merit Leighton (Alexa & Katie) as Frosta; Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) as Castaspella; and Krystal Joy Brown (Motown: The Musical) as Netossa.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is the story of an orphan named Adora (Carrero), who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil.

From Eisner Award-winning author and executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes, Nimona) and executive producer Chuck Austen (Dawn of the Croods, Steven Universe) comes a modern take on the '80s girl power icon for a new generation of young fans.

The trailblazing property originally debuted in 1985 to satisfy overwhelming demand for a female-lead fantasy series. With Stevenson's unique voice at the helm, fans are in store for an epic and timely adventure that celebrates friendship and empowerment, led by a warrior princess tailor-made for today."

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

i really hope the art isn't as cheap as it looks..and that guys can get into this series too.

one reason i skipped it around the first time is because it looked too princessy and doll centric and cringe worthy for guys to enjoy. although when you watch it, the plot lines are a little more serious than he-man to off set the even goofier characters.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #40
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I doubt it will be worse then anything on Cartoon Network.

Tags
i like agendas, she-nah, where's loo-kee?