The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Wow I’m shocked there’s a teaser. Looks cool.

I remember Dan mentioned in an interview that he pictured the ecto 1 up on blocks, broken down somewhere waiting to be restored. I amazed how close that that is to his comments.

In his defense I’m sure he’s had plenty of legitimate ideas. Like actual stuff that he wants to do. Not just brainstormed thoughts.

It’s really sad how Bill Murray affected things. Reboot aside he purposely held the franchise down.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #22
Xav
Foot Elite

I wonder what the chances of Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, and Annie Potts returning?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I wonder what the chances of Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, and Annie Potts returning?
I can see them being in GB3. But I doubt Rick Moranis would come out of retirement to play a small role.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I remember Dan mentioned in an interview that he pictured the ecto 1 up on blocks, broken down somewhere waiting to be restored.
It should be the Ecto-1A, though, shouldn't it? It'll be pretty weird if after Ghostbusters 2 they down-graded the Ecto-1A back to the Ecto-1 before mothballing it.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #25
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Also, I think something was lost with Harold Ramis that they'll never get back. That dry humor played so well off of Murray's nonchalance, Aykroyd's starry eyed positivity, and Hudson's reserved amazement.

They caught lightening in a bottle. It's going to be surprising if they do it again.
Word, man. Word.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #26
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I can see them being in GB3. But I doubt Rick Moranis would come out of retirement to play a small role.
Well he did voice Dark Helmet on an episode of The Goldbergs last year so anythings possible.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #27
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lUxXGqkllSOsCM

Ernie Hudson Dan aykroyd and Bill Murray will be Winston Ray and Peter in this movie
Old 01-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #28
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

"The all-female 'Ghostbusters' movie directed by Paul Feig in 2016 was set in its own universe unconnected to the earlier films and will not have ties to Jason Reitman's new movie, which "will follow the trajectory of the original film."

Old 01-17-2019, 10:06 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

We'll see.

My favorite guy is dead; even the best possible attempt made with nothing but tender loving care, simply can't and won't be anything better than "pretty good, given the circumstances," to me. And that's not even their fault, but it's frustrating.

To be clear, nobody on this planet wanted Ghostbusters 3 more than I did, from 1990 up until a few years ago. I'll fight anyone who claims otherwise. But my absolute favorite part of it is gone, and I just can't get that enthusiasm back, ever, even if I'm willing to move on. They COULD have done it at any point, but petty nonsense robbed us of it, and part of me will never forgive them for it.

All that said, I am hopeful for whatever this turns out to be. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and will assume this is indeed a labor of love until proven otherwise. The last one had "soulless attempt to cash in on the franchise after Harold Ramis's death, made by a pack of ghouls" (pun intended) written all over it from the start, and thus, I was against it from the start. I was actually a bit shocked at HOW bad the reboot really is, not even just as a Ghostbusters movie, but just at everything. It's beyond the pale, just altogether worthless. I'm not sure how it even saw the light of day, except for the moral bankruptcy of the studio.

If nothing else, we more or less know the next one can't be worse. Hopefully, it will live up to what they're describing, and it will be respectful not only to the original films but to the memory of Harold Ramis. I'm not expecting or even hoping for much, but it almost has to be an improvement over last time.

It sounds like everyone's heart is in the right place this time. That in itself is the complete opposite of last time, so... hopefully they're sincere.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lUxXGqkllSOsCM

Ernie Hudson Dan aykroyd and Bill Murray will be Winston Ray and Peter in this movie
Looks like that was an interview from before any of this news broke... but fairly reassuring toward Murray being aboard.

Yeah, I'm a little concerned with the car thing that they may be pulling a "Halloween" with this... and only making it a direct sequel to the first one.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:03 PM   #31
Wildcat
Foot Elite

@AndrewNDB, ya I guess it should be the 1A car. I don’t think he was being specific just generally explaining what he pictured.

I know this is going to be in continuity with the originals but just because this movie does not technically acknowledge 2016 (within its runtime) doesn’t mean anything. Remember they wanted to do a universe.

Even though the reboot was not Dan’s idea exactly he did mention a story before about other dimensions and we know multiverses are a popular thing nowadays.

So a 2016 sequel or crossover movie is totally possible after this movie happens. They said an animated movie is still happening too. Whatever that’s like it’s potentially 3 separate universes.

I’m glad to see Dan has creative control. I’ve always trusted that he had a bunch of cool ideas for another movie. Even though people have actually criticized him for being stuck in the past or should let it go. Saying Murray knows better.

Nothing was Dan’s fault.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #32
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by autbot_benz View Post
"the all-female 'ghostbusters' movie directed by paul feig in 2016 was set in its own universe unconnected to the earlier films and will not have ties to jason reitman's new movie, which "will follow the trajectory of the original film."

https://i.imgur.com/6myg1kg.gif
Thank God!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:01 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
@AndrewNDB, ya I guess it should be the 1A car. I don’t think he was being specific just generally explaining what he pictured.

I know this is going to be in continuity with the originals but just because this movie does not technically acknowledge 2016 (within its runtime) doesn’t mean anything. Remember they wanted to do a universe.

Even though the reboot was not Dan’s idea exactly he did mention a story before about other dimensions and we know multiverses are a popular thing nowadays.

So a 2016 sequel or crossover movie is totally possible after this movie happens. They said an animated movie is still happening too. Whatever that’s like it’s potentially 3 separate universes.

I’m glad to see Dan has creative control. I’ve always trusted that he had a bunch of cool ideas for another movie. Even though people have actually criticized him for being stuck in the past or should let it go. Saying Murray knows better.

Nothing was Dan’s fault.
They wanted to do a universe (well, a multiverse) when they were still tabulating the 2016 movie's success. It wasn't one. Now they're not talking about that anymore.

Also, it doesn't sound like Dan has much to do with this creatively beyond maybe sticky notes that can be regarded or disregarded. Probably a good thing since Murray didn't like any of his scripts.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 AM   #34
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya it’s really not that far fetched imo to see some crossover movie down the line with different universes.

Bill Murray lost all credibility for me years ago. Who knows how many scripts/ideas he turned down. At least 1 had to be good. He just purposely kept refusing for whatever reasons only known to him.

Which would have been ok if he had not held it down and let everyone else do it.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:33 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Ya it’s really not that far fetched imo to see some crossover movie down the line with different universes.

Bill Murray lost all credibility for me years ago. Who knows how many scripts/ideas he turned down. At least 1 had to be good. He just purposely kept refusing for whatever reasons only known to him.

Which would have been ok if he had not held it down and let everyone else do it.
Eh, I could see them bringing the 2016 Ghostbusters into some cameo if they're doing some major battle across dimensions or something -- to pay them respect and for the studio to go "we totally support them!" -- but that's about it. I'm not even sure if the Ghostbusters 2016 crossover comics made any money, let alone doing more film stuff with them.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:10 AM   #36
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya something like that.

So much for that idea we had about some villain or the government erasing everyone’s mind making the movie a Ghostbusters 3-ish

That really was a good idea. It just fit so well.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #37
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

swing and a miss from Hollywood Reporter

Ghostbusters': Why Ignore the All-Female Reboot?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...reboot-1177318
Old 01-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #38
Allio
Foot Elite

this line gets me

"I think we suffer from this collective sense of nostalgia in film, where we're always looking to the past rather than the future"

You kind of loos the "looking to the future" when you remake/reboot a past ip. It's one of the reasons people say that movies aren't original anymore.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #39
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
this line gets me

"I think we suffer from this collective sense of nostalgia in film, where we're always looking to the past rather than the future"

You kind of loos the "looking to the future" when you remake/reboot a past ip. It's one of the reasons people say that movies aren't original anymore.
Movies haven't been original for a long time. when you think about it. Many movies are inspired by previous work. Not a day goes by. when you see a movie. And think. Its similar to one you seen a while back. You have movies that influence other movies. And it goes on and on.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #40
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Something I will say about the reboot is that I was one of the people that was very hopeful and excited to see it in theaters opening day. I hyped myself up so much that I was finally getting to see a GB movie in theaters (since I wasn't born when the originals came out) and told myself I would reserve all judgement until I had seen it. When I saw it, I thought it was okay, but it definitely had its problems. But honestly the thing I enjoyed about it the most wasn't even the movie, it was watching the audience. The adults were bored but the kids loved it! There was one kid in front of us that had to be about 5 or 6 and he was getting all excited, he would cover his eyes when it got "scary" and then peak from behind his hands, and then when something happened like the Manor ghost vomiting on the main woman or the goat demon knocking Bill Murray out of the window he would bust up laughing. I only saw it in theaters once but when it came out on DVD I waited until it was in the $5 bin and went ahead and bought it. My son is now 6 and he loves the originals and the cartoon but prefers the reboot. If anything I am most excited about this one to take him to the theater so he can have fun and enjoy it. If I like it, great! If not then maybe he will and we can sneak cans of Ecto cooler in and have fun together. I will still have the originals if this one fails to satisfy me.
For the record it wasn't them turning the team all female that made me not enjoy it as much as I wanted to. My favorite non-original member of the entire franchise is Kylie Griffin. You CAN have girl busters and make them work. IDW is an example of that. The reboot was just poorly written. The effects were nice though. I think it may have worked better (basically not pissing people off) if they just made them the kids of the OG busters but then again that could've flopped as well. I'm going into this one optimistic and will hope for the best, maybe they have something really good planned with these teens, if that news ends up being true. Worse case scenario it will be a movie we pick up on clearance for my kid, and hopefully they will do another release of Ecto Cooler and ACTUALLY PUT SLIMER ON THE FRONT!
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote