The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 06:38 AM   #21
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Can anyone name the 4Kids episode it was loosely based upon?
It was not based on any 4kids episode.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

There was a script that Munroe wrote that was somewhat better than the one we got, in terms of characterization and pacing. I think he had to shorten or cut it in some way and we got the garbage script we got.

I was so excited to see this movie when it came out because I'd seen so many leaked screencaps and it looked gorgeous. Was very disappointed with everything except the Leo-Raph fight, which would only appeal to longstanding TMNT fans who want to see that stuff settled once and for all.

The plot was so boring. After I watched it the first time, I dragged some friends to it in the hopes that they would like it, but I think they were bored and put off.

To CGI animation fans: was this movie good in its animation? I thought it was, but what do I know.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post

To CGI animation fans: was this movie good in its animation? I thought it was, but what do I know.
Well the movie is now 10 years old, but even for 2007 CG standards it still looks good today.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #24
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well the movie is now 10 years old, but even for 2007 CG standards it still looks good today.
How did they pull that off? I mean the budget was much less than some of the big CGI movies nowadays right?

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It really is a beautiful movie to look at, but like Osborn said, the script is bonkers.
Meh, I wouldn't say that. There's no real sense of geography to the city and what there is is cramped. The video game did a better job of showing more of New York, making the city come alive.

Quote:
How did they pull that off? I mean the budget was much less than some of the big CGI movies nowadays right?
While the 2007 movie has a number of well known actors everyone involved weren't or aren't exactly A-list. There are a lot of CGI movies released with the same budget that don't have huge names attached and therefore do less well at the Box Office like the 2007 movie.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I could be mistaken-- I vividly remember thinking how ridiculous it was, though. I wanna say it was an interview with Munroe. From what I remember, it wasn't a copyright thing, just a specific direction from Laird. It's been ages since the last AskPL... maybe one will pop up soon and we can pick his brain.
That I could see. If Munroe was all, "I wanna use Beebop, Rocksteady, and do the big Krang movie with pizza!" Laird would, of course, say "No."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #27
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
I think it's really well animated, and Imagi took a lot of care in the details, such as adding pumping vein animation in the textures (seen on Raph). The rain looks really good in it too.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote