The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

My first TMNT toy

What was your first TMNT toy, and when did you get it? I got all four turtles, and Krang, for Christmas present in 1991.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

Leo, Donnie, and Splinter at my 8th birthday party, from a friend who was related to Peter Laird. There is a picture of me and my sister in the Turtle Power Documentary playing with them.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

My first was Casey Jones —I thought he looked like Jason Voorhees (and even though I hadn't seen any of the Friday the 13th films because I was waaaaay too young, my cousin had a couple Friday the 13th posters in his room, so I thought Jason was awesome at a very young age). 4-year-old me promptly colored all over it with a black marker for some unknown reason, then tore the legs off and flushed them down the toilet... I didn't always make good decisions.

Last edited by coreyrc87; 02-01-2017 at 10:28 AM.
coreyrc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Donatello, from the old toon! I still have it .)
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

1992 Mutations Michelangelo
Old 02-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

my first was Raphael i got for Christmas from my grandma the next day i got Leonardo from my parents on Christmas day

my brother got Donatello a few months prior and thats when i first got turned on to TMNT i bugged my mom and dad for months for one of my own
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Sewer Surfing Leonardo. I got him loose at a garage sale, and still have him to this day, albeit a little roughed up. At least his chest sticker is still in good condition.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #8
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Breakfightin' Raphael, Rock 'N Roll Michelangelo, Retrocatapult I'll never forget that...lol.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #9
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

1988 (hardhead) Leonardo was my very first TMNT toy.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #10
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Michaelangelo and the Foot Soldier from the original line, just after Christmas 1989. My family were travelling up to my grandparents' house in Manchester and we stopped off at a motorway services. In the shop, I found those 2 figures, and even though they were twice as expensive than figures from a regular toy shop would be, I had to have them. I'd recently discovered the original comics (the cartoon hadn't started airing here yet), but those 2 figures took me from having a strong interest in the Turtles to being a full-blown obsessive.

It was almost a year later before I managed to get any more figures, though. They were hard as hell to find over here when they were first released, and it wasn't until late '90/early '91 that they started hitting in full force.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #11
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Sewer Swimmin' Donatello back in spring of 1990.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

One of the old originals in late 80s. Pretty certain that Leo was my first, but beyond that there's not really any memory of when or how I got him. I probably just talked my mom into taking me to the store to look for the figures.

I do have a vague memory of my mom having a couple behind her back at home and giving me and my sister each one, but I think that my second and sister's first.

I wasn't one of those kids who was allowed to own a mass quantity of anything though, I don't think my parents could justify that on their budget. I eventually had all four originals, then later I had the ice hockey Leo and the one from the 3rd film. There's also a giant Mikey I got for Christmas one year if I can figure out where this stuff is at. I had a few books and whatnot, but that was it for TMNT toy ownership for me.

I vaguely remember picking out the ice hockey one in the store and my mom suggesting picking out one for my sister (baseball I think) as well as getting the football (U.S.) one for my dad. Although until I can hopefully track down my old figure case, the only one of our collective originals I currently have at hand is the football Leo I'd gotten my father. Surprisingly, it had remained sitting on his dresser all these years and passed it on to me in 2014, about a year before he passed away.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #13
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I don't remember since I was so young, but I do have a distinct memory of getting mutating splinter and bebop. I liked the window flap.

This was at a store called Family Toy Warehouse.

I also remember my cousin getting the Technodrome. Even so young, I was super jealous.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #14
Wesley
Mad Scientist

My first tmnt toys were a few original 1988 action figures of a turtle or two, Foot Soldier, Knucklehead, Bebop, Rocksteady and Foot Clan era Shredder that were handed down to me from a cousin.

Last edited by Wesley; 02-01-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #15
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Original Hard Head Raph. The very first thing I saved my allowance for. I think that is why I remember it. Getting an allowance was a big deal for me. I saved again and got Leo. Mike and Donnie came for Christmas. I had enough for Mikey, but Mom managed to keep me from buying him. If possible I have bought the four brothers in that order ever since. When I get them at the same time that is the order they get opened in. A little o mage to my childhood.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 02-01-2017 at 02:01 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

The original Michelangelo (along with Ace Duck).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:14 AM   #17
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

These little guys, don't really remember when I got them but I remember them ever since I remember things, and I took them with me everywhere I went, then one time I was at my dad's work and one of his co-workers asked me where was Shredder, he said that if I had the Turtles I had to have Shredder as well, later that day he bought me the Playmates Shredder Safe to say now Shredder was too much for these little guys so eventually I got the Playmates TMNT as well, as I did April, Splinter and Ace Duck (why though, I don't know )
Old 02-02-2017, 03:01 AM   #18
Powder
So tired of this place

I love those, always wanted 'em. They're made by a Germany company called Bully.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 AM   #19
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I had some of the BULLY figures, but I had these guys. One set at my dad's place and one at my mom's Sadly I don't have any of them anymore

Don's bo was removable.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:09 AM   #20
Shortfuse
Foot Soldier

The original Ninja (as opposed to Hero) Turtles Michelangelo figure in about 1991 - although Raphael was my favourite - either I just wanted Breakfightin' Raphael and they didn't have any or they didn't have any Raph figures at all - they did have the Storage Shell figures though.

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote